· Total Members: 144,332
· Newest Member: Julzer
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Paris - Roubaix Discussion
Kentaurus
The hell of the north, Paris - Roubaix, one of the five monuments of cycling and entering the Roubaix velodrome is an atmosphere unlike any other in the sport. The long arduous course continues to challenge the best cyclists in the world and doesn't get any easier. Just over 244 kilometers will be rode with much of later part of the route over the cobbles.

There is no surprise in this route, and most of the riders will be very familiar with it, the difficult sections begin with Trouée d'Arenberg where the selection with the winner typically is found. Mons-en-Pévèle later on will certainly decide who isn't going to win, and may even pick out the winner. The last truly challenging sector, Carrefour de l'Arbre, is very capable of providing a winner, though recently the Velodrome itself has been where the victor is chosen.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/profiles/ptm_rou.jpg

Looking at the skills riders need to possess, it is obvious that the ability to deal with the pavé is first and foremost. The stamina to endure 245 kilometers of cycling has its own effect, and ability on the flat has some value as well. In the event of a sprint finish, well that helps too.
RiderCOSTFLSPRiderCOSTFLSP
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/mos.png Bewley83787883pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png Trentin81767475
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/and.png Summerhill83767870pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gzl.png Teunissen81777667
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/afk.png Kamyshev82817766pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/t3a.png Altur81757572
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tti.png Senechal82797569pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/fes.png Daniel80767376
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/evo.png Blythe82767676pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gen.png Theuns80767277
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/grm.png Wisniowski81758073pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Van Avermaet80757676
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png Vanbilsen80807872pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/rpn.png Vanmarcke80777670

We start our list of favorites with the ever dominant pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/mos.png Sam Bewley. The six time reigning champion has been nothing short of exceptional, and he is without equal in the event of a sprint finish, like his last five victories. Anyone looking to take his crown, will need to do so before reaching the velodrome.
As we start to look as the best challengers to Bewley, top of the list is pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/and.png Danny Summerhill equaled only by the aforementioned Bewley on the cobbles themselves, and strong on the flats he will have to make a move to separate himself and prove to be the stronger man on the day.
Avoiding the sprint should be the focus of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/afk.png Kamyshev who is only slightly behind those two on the cobbles, but boasts unequaled stamina which he will need to use to get away, and continue to pull away from the better sprinters in the field.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tti.png Florian Senechal has a pair of podiums in this race, and the skill on the cobbles to win, he too has terrific stamina to work with but likewise must avoid the sprints. The most likely challenger to Bewley in the sprints is pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/evo.png Blythe, who might need to be on his best day to compete with the dominant Kiwi in an outright sprint.
The best man on the flats will be pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/grm.png Lukasz Wisniowski and he will need to pair that with his exceptional abilities on the cobbles to make a move in this race. He's fairly handy in a sprint too as long as Bewley isn't also there.
The last of our first line favorites is pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png Vanbilsen, as with all the riders, elite on the cobbles, Kenneth also has an elite stamina hopefully giving him more left in the tank at the end of the race, where he too has a reasonable sprint if needed.

Startlist
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/GTM/PR/startlist.jpg

cio93
I'd be impressed if Declerq was still around by the time we leave Arenberg, looking at how things went lately.

Surely we will not see the same kind of cobbles races again next season, with everyone agreeing to drop the 5* concept as far as I can see even regardless of a PCM switch, so I will not set an ultimatum to Declerq regarding his future in the team.
But it would be massively helpful to win the positioning lottery and get proven wrong here. Not necessarily for the few points more that would be in it, but to kickstart morale again before the GT season after several disappointing races in a row since P-KV-P.

Bewley's last maxed monument. No offense, but finally.

Ollfardh
Our first Roubaix ever, and probably the cobbled race that suits Vanbilsen best.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

matt17br
All about hoping for a good daily form for Theuns here, in Roubaix a very high cobble stat is by far the most important thing and there's several riders that have him beat there. Thanks for the preview Kent!
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
TheManxMissile
Hoping Marcos "Still no nickname" Altur can get a Top10, and i'd like to see someone else try and get into the break. It's been a long journey of Classics focus to work our way up through the divisions, and so happy we made it in time to give Grashev and Thomas the chance they deserve. Even if we lose it's a day of celebrating the teams history Smile
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

knockout
Flanders was good enough for Evonik and this is the one that should suit Blythe better. Hoping for a top 5 at least but figure more might be possible too. Cant wait Smile
A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/thread.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/thread.png

tastasol
Actually a win goal this, but that was with the plan of training Wisniowski to 82. Would have been hard anyway, and Bewley is of course the huge favourite. Would be great if we could snatch a podium.

Ad Bot
Posted on 24-09-2020 12:53
Bot Agent

IP: None  
DubbelDekker
Another top 5 here would put a crown on Teunissen's season. Go Mike!
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

ember
A win goal here as well, which says a lot about a transfer season that didn't exactly go as hoped Grin

Not much to see here for us, hopefully we can join the breakaway with Anderberg og Walsleben, and then maybe get a top 40 from there. Anything but a Bewley win will be a surprise, but the fight for the other podium places should be interesting.

roturn
Von Hooydonck on a great day makes a top30, on a normal day this season a top60 and I can`t complain about a top90 only.

So basically a difference of 0-5-10 points or something.

The more interesting challenge is to see if anyone can beat Bewley.

Aquarius97
Top10 maybe Vanmarcke? His sprint isn't horrible, but compared to most of the great cobblers, it's not good enough to compete. Avoid punctures, have a good day and hope for some kind of miracle i guess

cio93 wrote:

Bewley's last maxed monument. No offense, but finally.

Only 3 seasons before he's like a normal maxed rider :lol:
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png

Yellow Jersey
With no points on offer to us the pressure isn't on, but hopefully that's a factor that can influence the race positively for us. Summerhill showed in E3 he had the legs to keep up with Bewley for almost the whole race, here I will hope for it again, with a flatter route the support crew will be better fitted, and I'm hoping he knows it's all about following Bewley then playing all or nothing before the sprint.

OlegTinkov
After a perfect Ronde van Vlaanderen our goal for Paris - Roubaix is top-3. Hopefully Sulimov, Zubov and Manakov can support Senechal as long as possible since support is vital in this race.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
Heine
Hoping for another good result from Trentin here, 2nd behind Bewley would be perfect, but I would be really happy with a top 5

Tamijo
Congrats to Tastasol, major breaktrough Lukasz Wisniowski have had this season winning Strada Appia Antica, top 5 in Ronde and now this.

Thanks for a great report.

redordead
Zhupa in 17th seems like quite a good result Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej PogaÄŤar

SotD
16th is yet another horrible result from Maxime Daniel... My riders just doesn't work in this version.

Unless Lecuisinier turns out to be great we will relegate that's for sure. Most of our best races are already behind us, and at this point we should easily have been inside the overall top 3...
i.imgur.com/lVIiCkA.png

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

tastasol
Wow, what a result! Didn't think it was possible to beat Bewley, but Wisniowski did everything perfect today. I was very confident going into the velodrome, but thought Bewley was going to snatch it as they waited there. But luckily more left in the legs, and in the end a super ein.

Thanks Tamijo, as you say, clearly a breakthrough season for him. He's been taking the steps nicely the last years, and what a win this is for both him and the team.

Thanks for the report, Kentaurus!

TheManxMissile
Not even the Top10, bad day from Marcos "Below Expectation" Altur. However G getting in the Top20, with a decline, is awesome! The legend himself still delivering right at the end of his time with the team, gets to go out on a yet another high! G, we salute you!
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Ollfardh
Vanbilsen with a bad day, but that's alright. Great symbolism at the top where Wisniowski takes over from Bewley.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Jump to Forum: