Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Badaling International Discussion
Fabianski
Badaling International

Beijing – Badaling 232 km

Hello and welcome to the kick-off of the 2019 Pro Tour season. As ever since 2013, PT racing will take off in China, on the now well-known route from Beijing to the Great Wall. After some flat kilometers allowing to get the engines working, the riders will reach the circuit at the Great Wall. This circuit leads them seven times across a tough hill - roughly 10km long, 4% incline - before taking the descent one last time. The final stretch is then again leading upwards, but it's only short, so even a strong downhill could make the difference here.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/profiles/pt_bad.jpg

Remember, last year we had a weird race, resulting in a surprising breakaway win by pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eav.png Caio Godoy and a bunch sprint of more than 100 riders for second, so basically any outcome seems to be possible. Godoy has come back this year, as have the 2017 and 2016 winners, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/mos.png Peter Sagan and pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gzl.png Francesco Ginanni.

Whereas Godoy clearly comes back as a domestique for pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eav.png Ben Gastauer, both Ginanni and especially Sagan belong to the PT's elite puncheurs. Of course, it is this type of rider that we should count among the top favorites. And almost all of them have indeed found the way to China.

Do you remember last year's Top2 pre-race favorites? They are the same this year: pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/afk.png Edvald Boasson Hagen, who is still the best puncheur, and last year's runner-up, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/fab.png Simone Ponzi, who is a tad weaker on the hills than Hagen, but has better sprint, acceleration and climbing abilities.
Then, the field is incredibly dense this year. pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Jan Bakelants is surely still among the top favorites, but he has slightly declined (making Ponzi the sole #2 puncheur behind Hagen) and should now be competing at roughly the same level as the likes of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/aeg.png Sean de Bie, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/evo.png Toms Skujins, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/iso.png Matej Mohoric, pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/mos.png Peter Sagan or pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ssc.png Alexey Lutsenko. Wow, these are the names you really want to have in a PT hilly classic!

And the list can be continued, as you can see below. It's interesting to note that
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Indosat has brought huge hilly support for Bakelants in pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Mohamed Anuar Aziz, who might have been a leader in some other team. The same goes for pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png T-Mobile, who have a great line-up with pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png Tejay van Garderen and pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png Emanuel Buchmann.
And it might come as a surprise to some that pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bnm.png Bennelong has not nominated pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bnm.png Jack Bobridge, but rather pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bnm.png Lachlan Morton, who is by far the strongest climber in this field.
In terms of local heros, the croud will certainly cheer for pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/pum.png Yikui Niu, who is the sole Chinese rider in this year's Badaling peloton.

But now it's time to have a look at the stats of the presumed favorites:
RiderHAccMStaResSpr
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/afk.png Hagen857970817473
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/fab.png Ponzi848073777276
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ssc.png Lutsenko838173767372
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Bakelants837774807772
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/iso.png Mohoric837771787267
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/mos.png Sagan837674787473
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/evo.png Skujins837670807768
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/aeg.png De Bie837571777672
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png Van Garderen827972787570
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/eav.png Gastauer827671787067
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/fes.png Koretzky817971777071
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/fpc.png McCarthy817467807565
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gzl.png Ginanni817168757564
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ebd.png Boswell807671777365
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/gen.png Ulissi807566837174
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/tmo.png Buchmann807376737465
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ino.png Anuar Aziz806967767166

Startlist:
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Races/PT/Badaling/mg19_bad_startlist.jpg

As this is my first race, feel free to send me some suggestions of how I can improve - there's lot of things to learn!
i.imgur.com/Ivui2bO.png

jandal7
Looking forward to seeing trained Mohoric on the top level. Should be an entertaining battle with a slightly changed field, I think there may be some MO influence and slightly surprised not to see any punchy climbers come but who knows. Let's go Mohoric and Skujins.

Really nice preview Fabianski and super cool to see you reporting, thanks a lot!
30/12/14 - matt17br said "Sutty's birthday is more important than [Jesus' Birthday]"
[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | The Life And Times | [PCT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing
[CX] Listerijns & BoK

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png
i.imgur.com/kDSWYiK.png
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png

Aquarius97
First ever PT race here we go. No hopes of any kinda of result obviously, so would be nice to see someone in the breakaway. Anything more than the minimum points would be a success here
Manager of [MG] Repsol - Netflix

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/newmanager.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/improved.png

TheManxMissile
The road goes up? Then this isn't a race for us. I'll be constantly surprised this season when our team is not last in the startlist image Pfft
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

matt17br
Excited to see what this debut PT season has in store for us, Badaling is never a great indicator of strength so I wouldn't be too worried to see Ulissi underperform (not that he's gonna crack the top 10 too often this season).

I sent Gaday here and he pretty much has the same name as last year's winner, could this, uhhh, mean anything?

Excellent preview btw, love to see an MG rookie report from the first day of the season already.
Manager of pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png Generali pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/ged.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
ember
This should be fun Grin

Very unusual to try a PT hilly classic without any expectationcs at all, but I'll need to get used to it, as we'll be the last teamin any startlist for such race, I expect Pfft

With Bakelants slightly weaker compared to last season, this season should on paper be even better for EBH and Ponzi in their final year before declining. What I look the most forward to though, is how trained versions of Sagan, Mohoric and Lutsenko do. If the DH stat counts for something, this classic must be to the liking for especially the former two.

Looking forward to the report! Fingers crossed we can get in the breakaway and such be seen here Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 07-12-2019 08:29
Bot Agent

IP: None  
SportingNonsense
Let's go Godoy Pfft
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

baseballlover312
Love seeing a couple of my loanees making their PT debuts. Hopefully Eg and Olesen do well for their host teams!

Let's get this season started!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
knockout
Awesome to see one of the new managers start as reporter already and the preview looks promising too. Thanks a lot for that Grin

First race of the season and the heavy hill trainings of others and the new game raises the excitement for the hill opener even more than usual. I hope that Skujins can continue getting those top 5 results against full startlists as he used to do and while this race often is more random than others, it should still be a first sign for things to come...
A Big Thank You To All MG And ICL Reporters!
And To All Who Organize Something On Daily As Well!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/thread.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/thread.png

Ollfardh
Good to see you join the reporter crew, the preview sure looks nice.

Now to wait for the PCT start Grin
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Tamijo
8 riders 83+ - 13 81+, sorta crazy ain't it.

Anyway interesting to see how this will turn out: Good luck to everyone.
I'm quite sure this time we won't see a breakaway winner, but guess it could be anyone of those 13.

AND THIS

knockout wrote:
Awesome to see one of the new managers start as reporter already and the preview looks promising too. Thanks a lot for that Grin

Gustavovskiy
Indeed, an auspicious start. Kudos Fabianski! Good luck everyone!
Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Duolingo pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png

Heine
Here we go!

Finally the season is under way Grin

the_hoyle
Moulingui making his PT debut. Best of luck to him and looking forward to what will be an exciting rave. Hagen, Ponzi or Mohoric for me
i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png
.: Manager of :.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png GCN ProTeam [MG] pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2018/Micro/mg18_gcn.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

sgdanny
Our first PT race and we cant be happy with less than a win. That is the hard nature of this season, we just cannot be happy if Ponzi doesnt get the win or get close to winning. He's got fantastic support this race, so hopefully that can improve our chances. I just dont hope a repeat of last year, so theres that to fear for. We're in here for the win!
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

i.imgur.com/LG7ailu.png

TheManxMissile
Quick general question: i see the Barbados flag not next to my team on the starlist? Does PCM18 not like new nations or just a minor DB oversight?
(you'd argue it's a small detail but it's our identity your messing with!)
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Fabianski
Yes, I noticed that, too. Some of the riders don't have a flag, too, but that's obviously not visible in the reports. I contacted the Admins as soon as I noticed the issue, but apparently the PCM15 file is not compatible, and they haven't found time yet to complete the flags.
I'm sorry for this, but I too hope it's going to be fixed for the next races. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this atm.

EDIT: I manually added the flag to the screenshot. OK now?
Edited by Fabianski on 02-11-2019 21:41
i.imgur.com/Ivui2bO.png

Kentaurus
lol it looks fantastic!

tsmoha
No expectations for this one. Only thing I want to have is some early aggressive racing, showing our colors at some point early/at halftime maybe.

Nice to see the action starting. Thanks for all the guys, taking care of the early states of the season/reports and stuff!

Eden95
Completely missed this until now, saw it posted in the MG general and thought “eh we’re not PT”. Too used to being in the PCT I think :lol:

I guess we’re in a similar situation to Fablok where every time Bakelants sticks on a jersey, he needs to be competing for the podium. I made some uh, interesting race choices for him this season so hopefully he can make everybody RD count!

Even if it’s an unflattering result, it’s the first PT race for us with a few Indonesians in our squad - so that’s pretty cool Smile

Excited/terrified to see what the juiced up versions of Mohoric, Sagan and Lutsenko can do too. Should be a good race!
Thanks for the preview.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Jump to Forum: