PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Slovenia - Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Marcovdw
Cattaneo puts himself in fifth place for now. I'll be happy if he stays there but that will be difficult with everyone in front of him being very good against the clock and the likes of Wurtz and Dunbar close behind...
Manager of Minions

Nemolito
Nothing for us in the time trial, might have been just a bit too bumpy for Sütterlin. Or he was just not feeling superb. We only bring six points back to Mexico, but with Juri wearing white for a day, a great TTT and one of our Mexican talents scoring KoM-points those six points mean a lot to the team.

Congratulations tastatol on the stage win, and thank you Abhishek for five wonderful reports Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cunego59
Would've liked to see a bit stronger races from Uwizeyimana and especially Izagirre, but Hadi in 29th place makes up for that. Him in the Top 30 plus three riders in the Top 100, and Silvestre's second place in the opening stage make this a pretty decent race for us, even if it still doesn't amount to many points. But we could't have expected much more, tbh. Bit of a shame we weren't more active on the two hilly stages in breakaways, but that's only a minor complaint.

Congrats to SN and tastasol for the successful race and thanks Abhi for the great reports!

redordead
Solid time-trial for us to finish out the race. TGH dropping from 3rd to 5th was something I saw coming. He did a good job to hold off the rest. Lammertink jumping up to 11th isn't a surprise, although this was probably one of his weaker TTs this season. I'm a bit more surprised Habtemichael only dropped from 10th to 13th. I had my doubts if it was worth sending him here, but he proved he was well worth the inclusion Smile

Craddock in 21st and Nareklishvili 24th make it 5 riders in the overall top 25. And we add another team classification win to our collection, I'm always delighted with those Grin

I think we can say we made a successful return to what is supposedly our home race Smile

Congrats to Vesuvio, Wirtgen is unbeatable in these types of races. Thank you to Abhi for the nice reports Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

tastasol
More or less the best possible outcome for us that stage. Thanks guys. Würtz able to take home the stage narrowly and also quite narrowly getting up to 2nd in GC. Wirtgen is close to unbearable in these kind of races, and even though we had a slim chance after the good riding by Würtz in the hilly stages, Wirtgen is definitely a deserved winner of the race. Big congrats to SN!

And thank you for the reports, Abhishek for the quality reports (as always).

Jakstar22
Yeh not at all okay with the result. Idk where Bobridge was. The fact that Bevin finished ahead of him in the GC is ridiculous. He’s been extremely disappointing this season and I don’t know what’s going on

Eden95
Another potentially great race result totally undone by our terrible TTT. Great ride from Dunbar and 6th definitely isn’t the worst, but it could have been so much better.

Thanks for the reports, congrats SN
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Fabianski
Well, I guess this was another pretty average TT by us, without any standout result. Looking at how many 78 TTers beat all of Rekita, Bissegger and Brunel makes me sad and just makes me wonder what's wrong with my riders... For some of them, the not completely flat stage is a valid explanation, but not for all.
But at least our most important man did a good job - I was hoping for Küng to hold onto a Top 20, and he even improved to 16th place. And Masnada lost less than I was anticipating, 26th is a good result for a 73 TTer.

But yeah, still sad about all the stupid time losses, especially on stages 1 and 4. Küng should've finished 9th, as he should have easily held onto the first big group yesterday. Brunel should have been at least in the Küng group; he'd be in the Top 20 as well. And Masnada and Darbellay should've avoided that stupid split on day 1, which would've been a Top 15 for the former.
Looking especially at Cedevita really makes me wonder what we did wrong, with Bissegger & Brunel definitely not worse than Nareklishvili, and Darbellay about as strong as Craddock uphill...

So I guess we finally got our expected minimum points - thanks to some great Masnada performances on days 3 and 4 - but I guess in this race alone we threw more than 100 points out of the window. Hurts after we already lost about 50 of them in Arab, so I have to hope we'll be more lucky with splits and depth in other races.

Congrats to Wirtgen, the win never was at risk after gapping Würtz on stage 4. Bernal really strong to deny Ganna the final podium spot, and TGH with another great result for Cedevita as well.
@Eden, I think with a TTT result that would've been in line with your actual team strength, Dunbar would've finished 5th, as you lost about 20" to comparable teams (ELCO, Bralirwa). But I do believe the Top 4 would still have been out of reach...

Thanks for the reports, and congrats to all who got from this race what they were hoping to.

cunego59
Fabianski wrote:

But yeah, still sad about all the stupid time losses, especially on stages 1 and 4. Küng should've finished 9th, as he should have easily held onto the first big group yesterday. Brunel should have been at least in the Küng group; he'd be in the Top 20 as well. And Masnada and Darbellay should've avoided that stupid split on day 1, which would've been a Top 15 for the former.

While I certainly understand the frustration, I don't think these kinds of calculations make a lot of sense, since they ignore the "unrealistic" or unfortunate time losses other riders suffered. Craddock for instance also lost time in the split on stage 1, and Kämna should never ever lose those 1'09 on stage 3, so isn't Kung rather lucky to be ahead of them in the GC?

And if Kung should've stayed with the first bigger group on stage 4 (which I don't agree with btw, because all but one of the riders ahead have a higher mountain stat than him, if I'm not mistaken, many of them significantly so, and that was what seemed to matter most), then certainly so should've Bevin, or Ioannidis, perhaps even Hadi, which would've pushed all of them past Masnada in the GC. And there are probably more examples similar to those.

I also tend to focus on the time losses of my own riders and wonder what could've been, I think that's normal, but in my opinion it is also a bit of a distorting thing to look at when evaluating team performance tbh.

Fabianski
I definitely see that point, yeah, and it'd have taken a lot of luck to make it happen. But other teams - especially Cedevita and (at least partly) Puma got that lucky scenario, hence the "what if"... OK, "should have" might be a strong term, but I just don't like our strategy here, always focusing on different riders... But yeah, I guess everyone would get some better results if playing their own team Smile
I was however definitely hoping to have more riders up front, given that we did have one (or two) of the stage favourites - didn't play out as I hoped it would.

It's clear that other teams were unlucky, too - including yours, of course, and e.g. Kämna should've been fighting for Top 10 at least - but then again there are teams hitting the optimal scenario. So I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle - some points really were on the table and were lost due to stupid positioning, and others would have required other teams to have bad luck. I still do think my team lost more points due to bad luck and strategy than they gained from "good" luck (or bad luck from others), but hopefully that somehow evens out over the year. I think the most "unrealistic" thing here was that stage 1 split, whereas the splits over the hills can happen (although they caught out riders that should never have been, too ^^).
However, I'm still impressed that Cedevita apparently have cracked the secret code for depth results, as they tend to get those pretty often Wink
Edited by Fabianski on 09-04-2024 15:11

baseballlover312
Not a bad TT by Kamna. Could have been a really solid result here if he hadn't needlessly lost over a minute on stage 3. Instead, it's barely a top 20 and the KOM prize that we'll have to settle for. Very far from ideal when you're in a difficult relegation battle, but those are the breaks we got.

Thanks for the reports!
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

ryant
A little surprised to see stage 4 do that damage to us. No one in the front group and Hayter and Oliveira both doing well enough to recover to some below average placings overall. Still the race wasn't a complete bust, Hayter managed what may seem to be his first and (potentially) last white jersey win which was nice to see.

Thanks for the reports and congrats SN for the win.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Marcovdw
Seventh is probably where Cattaneo deserved to finish, so all is good leaving Slovenia.

Thanks for the reports AbhishekLFC and congrats SportingNonsense!
Manager of Minions

redordead
Fabianski wrote:

However, I'm still impressed that Cedevita apparently have cracked the secret code for depth results, as they tend to get those pretty often Wink

Please don't jinx us! Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Luis Leon Sanchez
A solid performance from Conci in the final stage to make it into the Top 10 so we need to be happy with that! Mas dropping badly as predicted with some depth points from Cosnefroy. Not a bad race for us Smile

jph27
Had very little in the way of expectations for this race, so a decent stage result from Van der Poel is a nice bonus. Unfortunately we don't have the riders needed for a decent TTT squad so Cataford's GC hopes were always a long shot, even before the hills ended up being so selective. Thanks for the reports and congrats to SN!

OlegTinkov
Banaszek started the race well with his 3rd place during Stage 1, also the TTT was pretty good. Total no show during the hilly stages 3 and 4, the ITT was alright; great screenshots of Goldstein and Zakarin, thank you AbhishekLFC!

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/Slovenie/TOSS5%201.jpg

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/PTHC/Slovenie/TOSS5%2012.jpg

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
cio93
That was a very good race for us, not unexpectedly as this is exactly what the TTT squad is set up for.
Very good minor points scoring through the U25 and teams classification on top of the great depth beyond a Filippo Ganna who was in top form on the tough stage 4.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
CSC preparing an attack
CSC preparing an attack