PCM.daily banner
14-07-2020 04:16
PCM.daily
Users Online
· Guests Online: 20

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 142,753
· Newest Member: imedi
Donate
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Cont-Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Beijing Discussion
jph27
Tour of Beijing


Due to extreme weather, with heavy rain and landslides in the mountains north of Beijing, the MGUCI have decided to change the route of 2019 Tour of Beijing.

i.imgur.com/Al6GUvz.png

i.imgur.com/2L8MGUh.png

i.imgur.com/QV4DLfD.png

i.imgur.com/5VrGAVR.png


At the same time that some of the top PCT puncheurs are in the US racing the Nantahala Classic, the remainder are in Beijing - and as a result we have one of the strongest startlists you'll see at this level.

Not only is the puncheur field packed though. With the hilly stages featuring a great deal of repetitive climbing, it should come as no surprise that a number of strong climbers have made the trip as well. And while there is only one flat stage, the sprinting field is also quite impressive!

HILMOSTARESACC
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/min.png Claeys8367746873
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/phi.png Kelderman8271807572
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/rak.png Kinoshita8272807777
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/itd.png Izagirre8174737264
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/sct.png Beltran8179737276
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/and.png Dowsett8065746971
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bgc.png Vogt8062787163
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Borges8070757381
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/isa.png Betancourt8073727174
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kmm.png Flügel8071776572
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kul.png Vakoc8071757174
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png Waeytens8071727073
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/p4e.png Prevar8071777073
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/vvg.png Gautier8068767277
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/vlv.png Jensen8070777376
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/and.png Barrio7970696367
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bgc.png Paulinho7975707275
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/des.png Yates7970777080
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/emo.png Gebrezgabihier7970747469
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/spr.png Slagter7978717371
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/ubs.png Reichenbach7973766969


HILMOSTARESACC
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png Oomen7478767568
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/duo.png Hiratsuka7477737460
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/xr0.png Grmay7477717371
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/isa.png Boily7876727274
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/itd.png Kratochvila7776706864
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kul.png Eyob7676746966
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/bgc.png Destribois7576686975
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/p4e.png Nitu7476737070
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/rak.png Serry7875717069
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/sct.png Seibeb7675706973
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/rak.png Shirota7575696878
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png De Plus7575727270
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/vlv.png Blikra7575727072


FLHILSPACC
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/rak.png Itami75618082
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/kmm.png Haller72658079
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/spr.png Salleh70598080
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/yor.png Rowe72628070
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/lpu.png Pelucchi74687977
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/del.png Selig71657981
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/and.png Colbrelli74617975
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2019/Micros/vvg.png Vanderaerden72617975


Startlist

Spoiler
First nameLast nameTeam
AlexDowsettAndorra Cycling Project
AndreaZordanAndorra Cycling Project
SergioBarrioAndorra Cycling Project
SonnyColbrelliAndorra Cycling Project
DomenNovakAndorra Cycling Project
OleHirschleinAndorra Cycling Project
LluisRoperoAndorra Cycling Project
AdriaUrcelayAndorra Cycling Project
Pedro MiguelPaulinhoBerg Cycles
Alex AriyaDestriboisBerg Cycles
MarioVogtBerg Cycles
MarcioPortelaBerg Cycles
LuisAfonsoBerg Cycles
JoniBrandaoBerg Cycles
JoaoRodriguesBerg Cycles
JoseFernandesBerg Cycles
LaurentPichonCampari/Asahi development
FilippoFiorelliCampari/Asahi development
FranciscoLascaCampari/Asahi development
Ha JeonJungCampari/Asahi development
YosukueMatsumotoCampari/Asahi development
MasakiYamamotoCampari/Asahi development
FedericoRocchettiCampari/Asahi development
FilippoRocchettiCampari/Asahi development
ChristopherJuul-JensenCarlsberg - Danske Bank
RamonSinkeldamCarlsberg - Danske Bank
MatteoFabbroCarlsberg - Danske Bank
NathanHaasCarlsberg - Danske Bank
JesperHansenCarlsberg - Danske Bank
ChristianRanneriesCarlsberg - Danske Bank
LennardKämnaCarlsberg - Danske Bank
ArtursBelevicsCarlsberg - Danske Bank
JonathanBelliscycleYorkshire
AndrewFenncycleYorkshire
ScottThwaitescycleYorkshire
HeikoRedeckercycleYorkshire
MattRowecycleYorkshire
ArtemOvechkincycleYorkshire
AndersSkaarsethcycleYorkshire
StephenWilliamscycleYorkshire
RüdigerSeligDelvaux
ArthurVichotDelvaux
JasperStuyvenDelvaux
ThomasBonninDelvaux
ArtemioMoschellaDelvaux
AlessandroDe MarchiDelvaux
GregoryDanielDelvaux
Nur AimanZariffDelvaux
SimonYatesDesigual
AlexeyTsatevichDesigual
MikelLandaDesigual
MiguelMinguez AyalaDesigual
XubanErrazkinDesigual
LeoVincentDesigual
AvivYechezkelDesigual
FedericoOleiDesigual
BrunoBorgesDuolingo
GeorgiosBouglasDuolingo
Choon HuatGohDuolingo
AntonioBarbioDuolingo
DavidVeilleuxDuolingo
YoshimitsuHiratsukaDuolingo
IvoOliveiraDuolingo
NicolaBagioliDuolingo
AmanuelGebrezgabihierENI - MOL
KimMichelyENI - MOL
YannickMartinezENI - MOL
GaetanPonsENI - MOL
StylianosFarantakisENI - MOL
MartonDinaENI - MOL
DominikNeumanENI - MOL
DanielMoriczENI - MOL
IonIzagirreIberia - Team Degenkolb
JakubKratochvilaIberia - Team Degenkolb
RoyJansIberia - Team Degenkolb
AlexisGougeardIberia - Team Degenkolb
MarcSolerIberia - Team Degenkolb
JanBrockhoffIberia - Team Degenkolb
CyrilBartheIberia - Team Degenkolb
EganBernalIberia - Team Degenkolb
DavidBoilyISA - Hexacta
CarlosBetancourtISA - Hexacta
EmilianoContrerasISA - Hexacta
MichaelRodriguez GalindoISA - Hexacta
FarzadKhodayariISA - Hexacta
RicardoVan der VeldeISA - Hexacta
EvgenyRussoISA - Hexacta
Chun KaiFengISA - Hexacta
AleksandarFlügelKraftwerk Man Machine
MarcoHallerKraftwerk Man Machine
AlexandreGeniezKraftwerk Man Machine
NicoDenzKraftwerk Man Machine
FlorianScheitKraftwerk Man Machine
JosueGonzalez CortesKraftwerk Man Machine
AlexandreShushemoinKraftwerk Man Machine
AimanCahyadiKraftwerk Man Machine
PetrVakocKulczyk - Alitalia
EnricoBarbinKulczyk - Alitalia
ChiaffredoGrippoKulczyk - Alitalia
RyanMullenKulczyk - Alitalia
MektelEyobKulczyk - Alitalia
TomaszMarczynskiKulczyk - Alitalia
MattiaPozzoKulczyk - Alitalia
PiotrBrozynaKulczyk - Alitalia
ZicoWaeytensLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
SamOomenLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
JosefCernyLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
MatteoPelucchiLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
GianniMosconLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
NiccoloBonifazioLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
LaurensDe PlusLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
SzymonSajnokLierse SK - Pizza Ullo PCTeam
DimitriClaeysMinions
BjornSelanderMinions
FulgencioBruMinions
LeandroMarcosMinions
JayMajorMinions
AndzsFlaksisMinions
TareqEsmaeliMinions
AlvaroHodegMinions
WilcoKeldermanPhilips
AndreaPaliniPhilips
WouterWippertPhilips
OlivierLe GacPhilips
FelixGrossschartnerPhilips
RokKorosecPhilips
FabianLienhardPhilips
JasperBovenhuisPhilips
TomohiroKinoshitaRakuten Pro Cycling
KenjiItamiRakuten Pro Cycling
SayaKuroedaRakuten Pro Cycling
PieterSerryRakuten Pro Cycling
RafaelSilvaRakuten Pro Cycling
YamatoShirotaRakuten Pro Cycling
JiankunLiuRakuten Pro Cycling
ReiOnoderaRakuten Pro Cycling
Tom JelteSlagterSauber Petronas Racing
MarcelAreggerSauber Petronas Racing
Mohamed HarrifSallehSauber Petronas Racing
GregoryHugentoblerSauber Petronas Racing
Nandra EkoWahyudiSauber Petronas Racing
GregorMuhlbergerSauber Petronas Racing
MarcHirschiSauber Petronas Racing
MushinMisbahSauber Petronas Racing
Eduard AlexanderBeltranSwisslion Cycling Team
CostaSeibebSwisslion Cycling Team
StefanPetrovskiSwisslion Cycling Team
GaborKasaSwisslion Cycling Team
MihaPoljanecSwisslion Cycling Team
IzidorPenkoSwisslion Cycling Team
Daniel FelipeMartinezSwisslion Cycling Team
Andreas Odie PurnamaSetiawaSwisslion Cycling Team
OleksandrPrevarTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
AndriiBratashcukTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
MartinLaasTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
NicolaeTanovitchiiTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
AdrianNituTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
AnatoliyBudyakTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
AndriyOrlovTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
PetrRikunovTeam Popo4Ever p/b Nemiroff
SebastienReichenbachTeam UBS
TherySchirTeam UBS
ArturGrigrianTeam UBS
JoseGoncalvesTeam UBS
DominikFuchsTeam UBS
MatthiasFrankTeam UBS
PatrickMüllerTeam UBS
MartinSchäppiTeam UBS
CyrilGautierValio - Viking Genetics
JoniKanervaValio - Viking Genetics
MichaelVanderaerdenValio - Viking Genetics
IngvarOmarssonValio - Viking Genetics
PaavoPaajanenValio - Viking Genetics
SasuHelmeValio - Viking Genetics
MartinsBlumsValio - Viking Genetics
JaakoHänninenValio - Viking Genetics
Kristian HaugaardJensenVolvo acc. by Spotify
Carl FredrikHagenVolvo acc. by Spotify
FredrikLudvigssonVolvo acc. by Spotify
HavardBlikraVolvo acc. by Spotify
RasmusTillerVolvo acc. by Spotify
LucasErikssonVolvo acc. by Spotify
IvanSosaVolvo acc. by Spotify
MartijnBuddingVolvo acc. by Spotify
KristianDyrnesXero Racing
Tsgabu GebremaryamGrmayXero Racing
StanislauBazhkouXero Racing
JacoVenterXero Racing
JosephAreruyaXero Racing
TomDavisonXero Racing
DylanKennettXero Racing
SergioHiguitaXero Racing

 
Ollfardh
Some kind of result is needed to keep us above the relegation zone. So let's hope Pelucchi, Cerny or Oomen can make up for Waeytens being here.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.
 
Marcovdw
New profiles should make it easier for Claeys, but I'm not convinced yet. We need the points to find our way back up.
Manager of Minions
 
Yellow Jersey
I've learnt not to get any expectations, I will not fall in this trap Pfft
 
jandal7
Well with the changed profile of that potentially MO/HI stage, it looks like a good move not to take Bennett here as I was considering (I admit I did start panicking when I saw this happen in the reporter threads and had to double check my planner) - would have been quite annoyed if I did, happily it seems no major climbers did so either or that would be a really crappy thing to happen. Would potentially not have taken Grmay now but that's less of an issue I suppose.

No idea what to expect now - probably a fairly nothing race since Grmay and even kind of Venter won't be as effective for depth which was the hope. Hopefully Dyrnes can overperform (or just perform) for the first time all year and prove he deserves a contract above 100k again next year, and maybe Areruya can get in some breaks and with some confidence after his stage win in Norway.

Come on Kelderman!
30/12/14 - matt17br said "Sutty's birthday is more important than [Jesus' Birthday]"
[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | The Life And Times | [PCT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing
[CX] Listerijns & Kiwis

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
3x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x3
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
 
baseballlover312
I think there's a better chance of Ranneries doing something on the sprint stage than basically anything else given how JJ's season has been.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy

pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png

i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

 
http://www.youtube.com/user/baseballlover312
redordead
The nerfing of Beltran has begun already?! Rolling Eyes

From a profile that looked tailor made for the Colombian, I now expect the likes of Kinoshita, Kelderman, Vakoc etc. to have just as good if not a better chance than Beltran.

I just hope Beltran can rise above these MGUCI shenanigans and perform to the same level or nearly same level as previously expected.
 
ryant
Bellis doesnt make the favourites list but make no mistake - he is a favourite. Pfft

Hopefully we can get a top 10 overall and some decent stage results to give us some points for our promotion battle.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor
 
Croatia14
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.
ICL // Euskaltel Story // Can't Slow Down // 21 and Done // Dreams of a Viper

since 2018: Radsim'05: Astana
Most Improved Team 2018 & 2019 // Manager of the Year 2018 & 2019

PCM.daily Awards:
Most Improved Member '16 // MG New Manager '16 // Thread of the Year (PCT Roundtable Analysis) '17 '18 '19 // Most Helpful Member '18 '19 // MG Team of the Year (Isostar - Adriatic) '18 // MG Manager of the Year '18 '19 // Member of the Year '19
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png
i.imgur.com/LIXbw59.png
pcmdaily.com/files/exppack/Banner/db_blue.jpg

RSM-news/PCM.daily 2019 DB Updates: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4
PCM.daily DB 2020 Updates: 1 // 2 // 3
PCM.daily Expansion Pack for PCM20
 
Ad Bot
Posted on 14-07-2020 04:16
Bot Agent

Posts: Countless
Joined: 23.11.09

IP: None  
Ollfardh
Wait, is this like a mid-season route change to cover the hill stat concerns?
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.
 
Tamijo
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.
 
AbhishekLFC
Hmmm, Kelderman 2nd on the favourites list...12th place incoming Rolling Eyes
 
jph27
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.
 
fintas
I can't expect much from this race, since Vogt doesn't have what it takes to get a good result. On top of that, his presence should limit the possibility of Paulinho getting a good result.
pcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/bgc.pngManager of Berg Cyclespcmdaily.com/files/Micros17/bgc.png
 
Tamijo
jph27 wrote:
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.


Yes I know that - just did not want to disclose anything at this point in time Wink
 
redordead
jph27 wrote:
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.


That remains to be seen. Still, not sure we would see climbers like Oomen, Grmay etc. on the startlist if this was the original profile.

Either way it pans out, it doesn't feel right to change profiles after planning has been done.
 
DaveTwoBob
Flugel has a top 5 goal here and will strugggle to make that even with the course redesign.

Thanks for the preview jph.
Manager of Suntory [ICL]
Manager of Kraftwerk Man Machine [Man Game]
 
Ollfardh
redordead wrote:
jph27 wrote:
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.


That remains to be seen. Still, not sure we would see climbers like Oomen, Grmay etc. on the startlist if this was the original profile.

Either way it pans out, it doesn't feel right to change profiles after planning has been done.


I don't really remember why I sent Oomen here to be fair, but I do agree with your point. Changing profiles midseason is something I don't like to see. Especially if it means the AI will favour Waeytens.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.
 
Tamijo
redordead wrote:
jph27 wrote:
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.


That remains to be seen. Still, not sure we would see climbers like Oomen, Grmay etc. on the startlist if this was the original profile.

Either way it pans out, it doesn't feel right to change profiles after planning has been done.


Clearly I'm not MGUCI and as such not the one to defend the change, but the profile said 100% hilly find I hard to see that it would be fair to have riders with little HI and mediocre MO to make out the entire top 10-15, what would be the case if it was not changed. There is very few (If any) top quality climbers here and a bunch of top punchers, indication that 9/10 riders a puncher race.
 
redordead
Tamijo wrote:
redordead wrote:
jph27 wrote:
Tamijo wrote:
Croatia14 wrote:
Go Beltran! Shambolic decision though to change the route, I hope this race turns out to be similar to what could've been expected from the previous design.


The previous design was a 100% mountain race, off course it will be different otherwise no reason to change it.


However, because of how PCM18 Mountain/Hill AI works it is still a harder than usual hilly race - repeated climbing will favour riders with better Mountain stats, so it shouldn't prove too much of a disadvantage that the profiles have changed.


That remains to be seen. Still, not sure we would see climbers like Oomen, Grmay etc. on the startlist if this was the original profile.

Either way it pans out, it doesn't feel right to change profiles after planning has been done.


Clearly I'm not MGUCI and as such not the one to defend the change, but the profile said 100% hilly find I hard to see that it would be fair to have riders with little HI and mediocre MO to make out the entire top 10-15, what would be the case if it was not changed. There is very few (If any) top quality climbers here and a bunch of top punchers, indication that 9/10 riders a puncher race.


I agree the "100% HILL" sign was odd. I have no knowledge of how stages, ratios and those settings work, but I looked at the profile and based on the old stage 1 and stage 4 it seemed it would require a good MO stat.

I've tried to get Beltran into as many hybrid MO/HI races with the planning, so to have one potentially disappear due to profile changes. Well I just don't like it Pfft

Also I'm not trying to blame anyone here, it is what it is. I don't wanna whine anymore. Lets hope it's still a good race! Smile
 
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
ICL19 - Race Discussion Story Games 86 13-07-2020 22:58
Tour of Northern Europe Discussion [Man-Game] General 54 13-07-2020 22:25
Tour of Northern Europe - Stage 6 [Man-Game] Results PT/PTHC 1 13-07-2020 21:47
Tour of Northern Europe - Stage 5 [Man-Game] Results PT/PTHC 1 13-07-2020 10:46
Euskal Bizikleta Discussion [Cont-Man-Game] General 28 12-07-2020 22:07
Login
Username

Password



Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
VDV counter attack
VDV counter attack
PCM 08: General PCM-screenshots
Fantasy Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet dominox 2,751 PCM$
bullet baseba... 2,711 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 2,700 PCM$
bullet df_Trek 2,540 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 2,200 PCM$

bullet Main Fantasy Betting page
bullet Rankings: Top 100
ManGame Betting
Current bets:
No bets available.
Best gamblers:
bullet baseball... 15,456 PCM$
bullet jseadog1 14,955 PCM$
bullet Marcovdw 13,593 PCM$
bullet dominox 11,945 PCM$
bullet trekbmc 11,294 PCM$

bullet Main MG Betting page
bullet Get weekly MG PCM$
bullet Rankings: Top 100
Render time: 2.49 seconds