Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
hillis91
Wow, a great TTT. Loving it so far! Smile
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

SotD
Impressive stuff from Tinkoff who are having a great season aswell.

Not so much a stage for us, but we always knew that. Hopefully the time lost from our main guys mean that we can go on the offense tomorrow. Perfect case scenario with either Giannoutsos or Chiarello joined by Lafay to pick up early KOM points to give us atleast a single day in the polkadots. It would be a huge succes for us.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

OlegTinkov
I love it when a plan comes together!

Uran waving at Kritskiy: This could (and should) have been you! Smile
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Reports/GTM/Tour/S5/35.jpg

Would be great if Sivakov can take yellow tomorrow but that will be really hard.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 05:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Nemolito
We'll remember the positives:
* Aesthetic time (on purpose, obviously)
* Had the lead for at least a few seconds
* Superb TTT report as expected

Congratulations Oleg Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

ember
Massive TTT for Tinkoff, congratulations, Oleg!

For Preidler, this is hopefully perfect for later breakaway participations Pfft

SotD
I was a bit bummed at first to see Miltiadis and Delco in the move instead of adding Lafay as an obvious KOM chaser - but boy was that a brilliant effort by both! Miltiadis taking a stellar stagewin ahead of a chasing pack. I did never expect him to take a stagewin at the Tour de France due to his pretty useless backup stats - but he did it! Delco kept forcing himself to struggle for his teammate, and obviously the never ending battle for KOM points from Arensman made him suffer in the bid for stage glory.

I certainly didn't expect us to fight for a stagewin already, and now we both have a stage win, and a very close 2nd by Bouglas. It will be interesting to see if we can continue to fight for points. So far it seemed like the right path to pick a horrible TTT setup in order to get freedom for attacking, as the route seemed very open-ended for the first 10 days. The 3rd week is always difficult as better GC riders than Chiarello and Giannoutsos could be set free.

Happy to be at the receiving end of luck, as it really could be our way of surviving.

Miltiadis is also now the first ever cypriot rider to win a Grand Tour stage if I'm not mistaken!

redordead
Nice ride by Ardila, our best stage of the Tour so far Smile
Hopefully Beltran and Pogacar get their chances soon as well.

Congrats SotD Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Gustavovskiy
Epic stage. Legendary report. Outstanding victory, congrats SotD!

Too bad we already lost pretty much all the leeway we managed to get from the TTT. Eastman seemed to put up a good fight but he just didnt have the legs to keep up. Almeida also already out of contention for the U25 competition. Here's hoping for better luck in the next mountain stages.
Manager of Everesting

tastasol
Feels like a stage were we should have been in the break. That being said, all of our guys have lost some time now, so hopefully it frees them up. Nesset with a solid start to the race.

ryant
The TTT result was less than impressive I have to say... Shock

Glad Morton at least put that behind him and managed to strike Herklotz with a slight blow even if its just psychological. It's disappointing that we weren't given the gap that we deserved but we'll take the 8 seconds and we move back to inside a minute of Herklotz and move to 4th in the GC so things aren't all bad - we just need Morton to consistently do this really. Smile
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

ember
Brilliant report, thank you, cunego!

And congratulations, SotD, that's a huge, huge win, obviously.

For us, that was a very poor stage, as it's these kind of stages we have to get involved in and try for the breakaway. Not happy to see us completely invisible, not even trying once. We need to change that!

hillis91
Amazing report!
And congratulations, SotD - great win!

Arensman doing work early in the Tour. Love to see it!
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

knockout
We did very well to get into a favourable situation on a stage i had highlighted for my team with two solid climbers in the break.

We played it different to what i would have done - Sergis as the more explosive rider might have been better as the protected rider.

We come out with very little out of the good situation despite the break being a big success.

Not really sure what to make of that...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Croatia14
We didnt even try, that doesn't forecast the race very well for us.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

tsmoha
Feels like a Morton 'classic' - putting up a show, but not being rewarded with a significant result. Still impressive ride, but I fear he would need to actually gain more time, whenever Herklotz is beatable.

Nemolito
Nareklishvili is definitely an interesting breakaway choice Pfft Munoz chilling at the back of the peloton again with a 78th spot in GC so far, hope he is saving himself and he doesn't just suck this hard. Good for Manninen that Herklotz didn't score many points here today.

Congratulations on a great win to SotD, and thanks for another thrilling report to cunego Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cio93
Phew, that suddenly became very scary!

I explicitly warned to not get ahead of ourselves and only attack when the situation is perfect, and we go and nearly throw a decent chunk of the lead away...

Fair play to Morton, who definitely deserved a gap there. I apologize on behalf of the timing. Frown
Fair play to Sivakov as well for staying in touch and getting a nice stint in yellow as a reward now. Would've loved the extra points, but it also keeps us out of the spotlight for the next handful of days.

And massive congrats to SotD for reaching one of the biggest possible milestones for your project! Smile

alexkr00
Disappointed we didn't join the breakaway today.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

cunego59
Apologies for the delay today Pfft Once again, with 7 stages under the belt, it’s time for a review of the week:

Stage Winner
i.imgur.com/SdXtMHw.png
i.imgur.com/yDeiaNH.png
i.imgur.com/1giQ34h.png
i.imgur.com/DYYXmJ2.png
1pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
2pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Postlbergerpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
3pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Postlbergerpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
4pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Latourpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/eav.png Girdlestone
5pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Tinkoffpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Uranpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
6pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.png Miltiadispcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
7pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/kng.png Hsupcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov

SotD
I wish you could ask your riders not to participate in intermediate sprints. I really have no idea why Bouglas thinks it's viable to put his efforts into a competition he's far from being relevant in - yet again it cost him in the final - this was, on paper his best shot at a good result with the slight incline towards the finish. Sadly not.

Also my riders seemed to take the day off - not crucial, but Miltiadis and Giannoutsos losing time here is a bit irritating - atleast we managed to put 3 riders in the front group with Chiarello being one of them.

Regardless of this blunder of a stage the first week has been kind to us! More of this please! Smile

Congrats to all of those with succes so far. It seems somewhat spread out across the board.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.