· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
lluuiiggii
Jesleyh wrote:
Also, I was thinking a bit:

Isn't it better to make the max. HI stat at least 81?
Since MO, SP & COB will at least reach 81, probably 82 or 83 as well...
Wouldn't the matrix be a bit disbalanced?

Only saw this now. What does MO, SP and COB have to do with HIL? Pfft If HIL doesn't have many dominating riders at the moment that allow giving more than 80 HIL and still having realistic results (which would be open and unpredictable races, as seen in the last few Ardennes classics), I don't know how exactly does that relate to the other stats, since this situation isn't the same for MO/SP/COB.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:15
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Jesleyh
Well, i thought it might disrupt XML files(in terms of regens) and the best puncheurs being cheaper than the best cobbles, sprinters etc.
But okay, if you say it doesn't give problems Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

lluuiiggii
Jesleyh wrote:
Well, i thought it might disrupt XML files(in terms of regens) and the best puncheurs being cheaper than the best cobbles, sprinters etc.
But okay, if you say it doesn't give problems Wink

About the young riders, the different specialties mostly have the same chances for having good stats. If your worry is exactly that (that regens would soon be the all best in hilly races), I don't think there is that problem, since these slightly lower stats allow for riders' evolution, so in a few years in career you should have higher HIL limits (while unlikely creating riders with 85, 84). Additionally, if you would experience a new rider being superior to others, it would just mean that we would have gone back to the state where the hilly races favorites are clearer than today's, which are more wide open races.

No reason to worry about salaries too, stats aren't really the main salary controller Wink

Alakagom
Since potentials have changed a little, I am not going explain in detail, a potential 8 can be used in Daily DB's if a rider will dominate ranks in years to come.

Saying so, 2 riders so far receive potential of 8. Ewan and Mohoric.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Jesleyh
Allright, I'm very curious then Wink

Soo, if potentials have changed, will Kelderman have his deserved 7 potential back then? Wink

And you should feel free to explain it in detail, you won't bore me, I'm curious Pfft
Edited by Jesleyh on 27-09-2013 17:50
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

brewers90
Ahem, where's Pate? If he's not an 8 potential, then I'm not downloading the DB Cool. You wait for next season, Pate will be allowed some freedom and he WILL win at least 1 GT.

Jesleyh
Brewers, you're so wrong there, Pate got 9 potential, isn't that obvious? Pfft

Damn, can't wait for the DB, even though I've got Fifa & GTA to play Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 27-09-2013 18:10

sammyt93
brewers90 wrote:
Ahem, where's Pate? If he's not an 8 potential, then I'm not downloading the DB Cool. You wait for next season, Pate will be allowed some freedom and he WILL win at least 1 GT.

he'll win 4 because he's that damn quick he'll finsh an extra one whilst waiting Grin

baseballlover312
Alakagom wrote:
Since potentials have changed a little, I am not going explain in detail, a potential 8 can be used in Daily DB's if a rider will dominate ranks in years to come.

Is till find that a risky move for the whole game when you can't definitely prove the future.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

aidanvn13
What will Meintjes be rated as after his ride today? And his potential? Smile
Manager of
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/afr.png Project: Africa pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/afr.png

Rin
Well you never can prove it before so should everyone have potential 6? Wink

Every DB or let's say every single sports game with something called potential will have those problems as when they prove it you have already the 3rd title after the original one.

I mean when I remember the PCM05-07 ones with T.Dekker potential 8 Pfft
i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bianchi.pngTeam Bianchi - 2012 Man-Game ProContinental Tour Championsi1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc512/ANFreeman/Jersey%20Sprites/bianchi.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2013/Admin.png

Spilak23
baseballlover312 wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

Is till find that a risky move for the whole game when you can't definitely prove the future.

I've played around with potential 8 a lot for my 2005 db and have to say it worked quite well.

baseballlover312
Yet it has been proven that potential 8 can screw things up before, so I'm just cautious on it.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Alakagom
Well, just going quote this for you bb.

''new young rider .xml files by Kentaurus, potential 7 riders will now have weaker limits than before, and should mostly produce great riders but not necessarily the best ones in the world.''

New .xml files have never been used, so what happened before with potential 8 riders has no effect here.
Edited by Alakagom on 27-09-2013 20:37

baseballlover312
Okay. I'm hesitant but you guys know more than I do about databases and stuff.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

lluuiiggii
Alakagom wrote:
New .xml files have never been used, so what happened before with potential 8 riders has no effect here.

They certainly have, since like at least PCM10 Pfft However the files that are now included are very adapted to Daily's matrix and create pot-7 riders who are quite unlikely reaching, f.e., 80~82 (like what happened in the 2013 DB files).

Not sure if that's what you meant (.xml files as adapted to the matrix as these have never been used) or if you meant that PCMDaily has never added new young rider files Wink

baseballlover312 wrote:

Well, some people will have to be good in the future of careers. If you don't want to know who exactly (like we don't know in real life), use [semi]random potential Wink

Jorge14
People anyone could help me with this stats and respetiv potential(1-8)?

Davide Formolo
Alberto Bettiol
Sam Bennet- An Post
Simon Yates
Adam Yates

i need the stats and potential of this guys could anyone help??

Jesleyh
That's tough, Jorge...
Since your XML files are probably different(assuming you use an other DB, otherwise you'd wait for the PCMdaily ones), and stat matrix as well, it's hard to be accurate here. But I'll give it a try...

Davide Formolo
6/7 potential, 69MO, 69HI
Alberto Bettiol
Hasn't got that many results, but I'd say he's a 68HI puncher, with 5 potential.
Sam Bennett- An Post
72/73SP, 69HI, 6 potential.
Simon Yates
70/71HI, 67MO, 7 potential
Adam Yates
69MO, 6 potential.

Just a rough estimation, taking me just about 3 minutes, so might not be 100% spot on, but should come close.
Again, it might not fit your stat matrix or 'potential matrix'. Wink

@Alakagom
Will Kelderman have 7 potential? Grin
And will Van der Poel be included? Pfft
Edited by Jesleyh on 28-09-2013 12:13

Alakagom
Jesleyh wrote:
That's tough, Jorge...
Since your XML files are probably different(assuming you use an other DB, otherwise you'd wait for the PCMdaily ones), and stat matrix as well, it's hard to be accurate here. But I'll give it a try...

Davide Formolo
Alberto Bettiol
Hasn't got that many results, but I'd say he's a 68HI puncher, with 5 potential.
Sam Bennett- An Post
Simon Yates
Adam Yates
69MO, 6 potential.

Just a rough estimation, taking me just about 3 minutes, so might not be 100% spot on, but should come close.

@Alakagom

Kelderman will have potential of 6 : ( However his stats are high enough already meaning in most game he'll be 80 MO 80 TT stage racer. I think that's perfect, I can't see personally Kelderman dominating GT's in few years time, however he'll be one of best rounded stage racers.

Van der Poel I think will be included as FA in Jnauary 2014 DB Smile

Jorge14
Jesleyh wrote:
That's tough, Jorge...

Davide Formolo
Alberto Bettiol
Sam Bennett- An Post
Simon Yates
Adam Yates
69MO, 6 potential.

@Alakagom

Thank you Jesleyh, but i need to know all the stats of this guys could you help pls and tell me a estimative.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Cancellara on the Muur
Cancellara on the Muur