· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,116
· Newest Member: Bogger
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
More realistic names PCM11
MrDemus
As Dailys 2012 DB is fast approaching, and I for one intend to play with Champion System, I am going to release a version with Hong Kong names in, so you can get domestic talent for this team.

MrDemus
In addition I plan to add even more names to some existing countries...IF I have time for it, but I would like to be able to do so.

AiZaK
This Add-on will be included in the PCM Daily 2012 DB???

Thanks!!

MrDemus
It featured in the 2011 DB, and will also be a part of the 2012 DB.

MrDemus
A I have recently found some space in my calendar, I have decided to update this file.

What the update will contain, and how big it will be is still undecided. I hope to redo some of the countries I wasn't all that happy with in the previous versions.

But I will need your help. If you have played with the Daily DB's, and have encountered any typos, errors etc. please post them in this thread ONLY related to young riders names.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 10:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
MrDemus
I have looked thorugh the data already present, and I have come up with which countries will be overhauled:

Definitely
Kazakhstan
Basque Country - Surnames done
Luxembourg - Surnames done
Latvia - Surnames done
Australia - Surnames done
Brazil - Surnames done
Croatia - Surnames done
South Africa

Maybe (if I have the time and motivation)
UK
Denmark
Canada
Slovakia
Slovenia
Moldova
Belarus
Japan
Finland
Malaysia

I have no ETA on this except: it's done when it's done. It's a huge piece of work collecting the data.
Edited by MrDemus on 10-08-2012 11:29

MrDemus
I have finished surnames from Basque country and Luxembourg today. Reserach is nearly done on Latvia and Croatia (Also surnames)

And beside the misleading thread title, I believe you can also use this in PCM12

baseballlover312
A was reading the first post and saw you changed all the Canadian first names to French. Wouldn't it make more sense to do a 80-20 split, as not all canadians are Fench Cnadian. Wink
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

MrDemus
baseballlover312 wrote:
A was reading the first post and saw you changed all the Canadian first names to French. Wouldn't it make more sense to do a 80-20 split, as not all canadians are Fench Cnadian. Wink

If you read the later posts Wink you would get the reason.

Let me sum up: You are not able to divide the names, and I don't like mixed names eg. Francois Smith. So I made the choice to keep it purely french-canadian Smile

lluuiiggii
If you need any help with Brazil, just let me know Smile I've got a DB with 70~75 Brazilian riders, perhaps I could get their first/surnames and take out the less common ones?

MrDemus
lluuiiggii wrote:
If you need any help with Brazil, just let me know Smile I've got a DB with 70~75 Brazilian riders, perhaps I could get their first/surnames and take out the less common ones?

If you cpuld send them to me it would be great Smile Don't take anyone out though. They will be duely sorted in the research progress.

lluuiiggii
MrDemus wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:

If you cpuld send them to me it would be great Smile Don't take anyone out though. They will be duely sorted in the research progress.

Ok, isolated the names, here are them (71 riders - attached). I thought in taking out some because, for example, if a rider called "Pagliarini" popped up in the game, it'd be too weird (not common at all here, and there was the cyclist with this name, though he's not in this file) Pfft
lluuiiggii attached the following file:
names_1.rar [7.63kB / 153 Downloads]

MrDemus
lluuiiggii wrote:
MrDemus wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:

Ok, isolated the names, here are them (71 riders - attached). I thought in taking out some because, for example, if a rider called "Pagliarini" popped up in the game, it'd be too weird (not common at all here, and there was the cyclist with this name, though he's not in this file) Pfft

What I do is, I go through football leagues, and write down how many times a certain name occurs. Therefore Pagliarini won't show up unless at least a couple of people have that name.

The research takes a lot of time, but it's worth it to get better names.

Thanks for the file Smile

MrDemus
Progressing quite slow atm. School starts soon, gf and kid demands attention, but I was able to do a bit more work.

I will probably release two version. One where all the "must do" countries are done, and then at a later point another version with some of the "maybe" countries.

baseballlover312
It says you have the tiop 1000 U.S. surnames. Does that go for first as well?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

MrDemus
@ManxMissile:

It is possible, but really it is not the question Smile I was only asking for new nations that are not scoutable in the game as it is.

TheManxMissile
fair enough, but it might make it to any new db Smile
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

MrDemus
Besides Eritrea, I was thinking along the lines of South Korea, Iran, Algeria and Turkey (not sure if they are already there)

MrDemus
I have improved most of the countries promised above. At least those were I could find better data than I already had.

Other than that, I have collected names for Eritrea, so that it can be added as a scouting zone. I also plan on getting names for Iran, Algeria and South Korea depending on if people want it.

EDIT: Also, feel free to give me feedback on my existing work. It is in the Daily DB, so most of you should have it. Spelling mistakes, typos or just countries that need an overhaul. Feedback in general is also welcome Smile
Edited by MrDemus on 15-10-2012 13:06

AiZaK
Please add the archive in the next update DB.daily

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content