· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
baseballlover312
Who would suit it then? Guys like Purito, Valverde?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Avin Wargunnson
Pellizotti2 wrote:
The worlds course is waaaaay too hard for him. Even Sagan has said he wont target it because it involves too much climbing.

Arguably the most difficult parcours since Duitama, climbing-wise

Not so much true, he said it is very hard for him, but still it is his biggest target of the season after Tour. He will give it everything there. But still i agree it is more for climbers.
I'll be back

Pellizotti2
baseballlover312 wrote:
Who would suit it then? Guys like Purito, Valverde?

Climbers, yeh. Those two, along with Nibali are probably the biggest favourites
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Avin Wargunnson
+ Colombians i think. And Kreuziger. Pfft
I'll be back

Jesleyh
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
+ Colombians i think. And Kreuziger. Pfft

I wasn't planning to get in this discussion, but if you shout Kreuziger, I have to shout Mollema, ofc Pfft
He's peaking for the WC as well.
Edited by Jesleyh on 15-08-2013 09:45
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 20:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Alakagom
Not sure when this thread became World Champs Contenders thread really. But yeah, you can discuss all of this somehwere else please.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Avin Wargunnson
Sorry, i got lost. Embarassed
But ffs, it is Kreuziger Jesleyh, you are still making Kreuzinger out of him. Grin
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 13-08-2013 11:46
I'll be back

MartijnVDD
lluuiiggii wrote:
In case some people are not following the PCM12 forums anymore: a PCM12 stats update has just been released, including the most up-to-date stat edits by Alakagom (but, as far as I know, there's still some more stats to be updated). I don't think there'll be an update for PCM13, since the Expansion Pack will eventually be released and it'll obviously have the most updated stats. But for now, if you want to take a look at the stats and discuss them, the .cdb file is attached (again: it's for PCM12, does not work on PCM13).

Is there a quick and easy way to convert these stats to PCM 13?
I tried editing them manually, but that turned out to be donkey work.

Jesleyh
MartijnVDD wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:
In case some people are not following the PCM12 forums anymore: a PCM12 stats update has just been released, including the most up-to-date stat edits by Alakagom (but, as far as I know, there's still some more stats to be updated). I don't think there'll be an update for PCM13, since the Expansion Pack will eventually be released and it'll obviously have the most updated stats. But for now, if you want to take a look at the stats and discuss them, the .cdb file is attached (again: it's for PCM12, does not work on PCM13).

I don't really think so, at least not fully
Since the PCM 12 one has more free agents, more teams, other rider IDs possibly etc.
You can try with Excel editor, and then copying Dyn_cyclist for the WT & PCT teams(others could mess up) with the updated .cdb, paste it at an ordinary excel file. And then open the PCMdaily DB for PCM 13, and copy to Dyn_cyclist from that excel file, and paste it in Dyn_cyclist in the PCM 13 DB. At least it's worth a try, not sure if it works Wink

@Avin Sorry Sad
I understand how you feel, if that helps..., a lot of guys say Keldermann Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

lluuiiggii
Jesleyh wrote:
MartijnVDD wrote:

I don't really think so, at least not fully
Since the PCM 12 one has more free agents, more teams, other rider IDs possibly etc.
You can try with Excel editor, and then copying Dyn_cyclist for the WT & PCT teams(others could mess up) with the updated .cdb, paste it at an ordinary excel file. And then open the PCMdaily DB for PCM 13, and copy to Dyn_cyclist from that excel file, and paste it in Dyn_cyclist in the PCM 13 DB. At least it's worth a try, not sure if it works Wink

When you convert a DB, you copy all the riders/usually teams/etc. At least riders for sure. Thus the PCM12 and the PCM13 PCMDaily's DB have the same number of FA, same rider IDs, and in fact less teams (since the PCM13 Real Name DB has the same teams + the 4 included in the Off. Release that weren't in the DB). Converting should be easy with Excel Editor, you just need to make sure that all the riders are matching (e.g. Di Luca and Menchov I think are in the PCM13 Real Name DB but not in the PCM12 update). I can do it later and post here if you want Wink
Edited by lluuiiggii on 15-08-2013 17:56

Nookie_85
Jasha Sütterlin have to be a Stage Race Driver. He is considered as the next Jan Ullrich and at the moment his Mountain and Hill stats are way too low

Spilak23
Sütterlin didn't show anything on mountain stages in both Thuringen or Aosta

MartijnVDD
lluuiiggii wrote:
I can do it later and post here if you want Wink

No need. I'll wait for the Expansion Pack. =)

Cossack
lluuiiggii wrote:
can do it later and post here if you want Wink

If you don't have any more urgent work (like 2013 Expansion Pack) then I'd be happy to see a stat update for RealName, as we still don't have last patch, so the waiting for it and proper PCMDaily DB gets really long Wink

fickman
What are the odds of having all the riders taking part at Tour de l'avenir in the next DB update?

Jaxxe
Give Mørkov about 75 in Sprint (same as Matti Breschel) - he won the Danish NC in June and now a stage in the Vuelta.

And make Alex Rasmussen far much better in hill and mountain.
Edited by Jaxxe on 30-08-2013 06:59

Jens Baggesens Vej 29
Jesleyh
I'd say just a very high flat, and not improving his sprint too much.
But sprint would be okay as well.

@Fickman Now, that'd be amazing!
But I can't see it happen, that would be a lot work and deciding stats of them is pretty hard Wink

Selwink
Jesleyh wrote:
I'd say just a very high flat, and not improving his sprint too much.
But sprint would be okay as well.

@Fickman Now, that'd be amazing!
But I can't see it happen, that would be a lot work and deciding stats of them is pretty hard Wink

I do believe quite a lot of them are already in the RNDB (Ewan, Fernandez, Yates as well IIRC, Teunissen, Van Baarle and some more as well I believe)
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

Jesleyh
Yes, the guys from the biggest cycling nations are in,'most of the time even their teams.
But the minor nations aren't. It'd be pretty cool to have them in, I love developing talents Wink

Anderis
As a Garmin fan, I think some of their riders should have their stats corrected.
1. Vande Velde should have a better flat skill. Something around 69-70 I think. He is quite good at maintaing good position in the peloton on flat stages and as a decent time-trialist, he really deserves more, than 67. He beat riders like Voeckler, Nicki Sorensen, Devenyns and Samuel Dumoulin from a breakaway on a flat stage last year in TdF.
2. Not sure if Hesjedal shouldn't have more Fighting spirit than just 68. He attacked at many races. Liege-Bastogne-Liege this year and during a Giro in one of the early stages, Tour de Suisse stage 2 and then at the TdF he was in the breakaway several times. He also tried to be in a break several times during TdF2010 despite fighting for top10 spot in GC. He was chosen the most combatative rider in both Canadians WT races and in one of the TdF stages that year. I could find even more examples, but I think these are enough to justify more than 70 fighting spirit skill for him.
I believe he should also have more than 62 sprint. 64/65 would e OK to me. He has many good places from reduced group sprints during his career:
https://www.procyc...a-di-Ascea
https://www.procyc...?id=112420
https://www.procyc...?id=112267
https://www.procyc...?id=106813
https://www.procyc...?id=106795
3. Danielson should have definetely less downhill skill. He was dropped on a downhill this year in Tour of Utah and I realised he never really feels comfortable on a downhill compared to other riders and is often in trouble. I think something around 60-62 should be a valid value for him.
4. On the other hand I believe Talansky should have better downhill than 65. I was watching him during TdF and he was really comfortable there. 72-74 downhill is what I see for him. I would consider give him also +1 on recovery, he proved another time during TdF (after last year's Vuelta) that he tends to be stronger in 3rd week.
5. Farrar has a poor season and maybe he should have his sprint skill lowered by 1. But maybe he should have increased hills after this:
https://www.procyc...13_Stage_2
6. Howes proved in Tour of Poland that he deserves mountain skill- around 71-72 IMO.
7. Nuyens is a bit overpowered considering his recent form. On the other hand, I believe Van Summeren is slightly underpowered. He is one of the most consistent cobble perofrmers in recent years. He had a decent Flanders this year and looked strong in Roubaix before getting mechanical problem at the worst possible moment. I think he deserves 77 cobble skill and Nuyens should have lowered several skills by 1 or 2.
8. I also wonder if Dan Martin should have 80 hills. He won LBL and Catalunya and I believe he could've won La Fleche also if he wasn't caught by a mechanical problem near the finish, he was clearly the fastest over the last meters of a climb but just badly positioned due to earlier mechanical problem. That makes him the best hill rider this season in my eyes. And it's not a one-off because he was in top3 in Catalunya, Lombardia and Tour of Poland in the past.
9. Raymond Kreder could have more cobble skill than 62. He rode Roubaix and Flanders this year. And had 10th place in this in the past:
https://www.procyc...?id=107380
10. Lachlan Morton should be improved overall after impressive showing in Utah and USA Pro Challenge.
First of all, he should have his TT skill increased:
https://www.procyc...age_5_Vail
(it was an uphill TT but Morton had one of the best intermediate times before the climb started, he was also two times in top10 in national TT despite very young age)
Then he should have his downhill skill increased. He won a stage in Utah because he was able to increase the gap to the chasing group on a downhill at some point.
And then considering a top5 finish in USA Pro Challenge he could be strengthened overall.

I hope I used skills from right database for discussing them. Smile Please consider my view, I tried not to be biased.
Edited by Anderis on 31-08-2013 21:44

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Dangerous finish