· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
roturn
First of all, brilliant preview and nice interviews there.

My team really did as bad as their manager over the past 3-4 months. Apparently couldn't shine without proper management. The Ardennes triple fail, the double GT fail...

So the TdF is likely a must do great to fight relegation already. Wellens at least was the most consistent for me so far and always did well. So hopefully be can come close to top5 here with some more attacks by Goos.

Herklotz obviously wins it here. No other will stand a chance.

Croatia14
2nd in the TC behind unbeatable Evonik Cool
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 03:48
Bot Agent

IP: None  
ryant
A good way to start the race! Oliveira winning the prologue lottery and Morton doing relatively well eases the pain of Fraile turning in a bad performance.

Looking at the other teams here - it's clear Herklotz is the man to beat and even Tenorio will prove to be a big thorn in out side regarding 2nd place - which should be Morton's more realistic aim for the race. It seems I overrated our TTT setup as well, as it seems we are the 5th/6th best team here rather than being anything truly special.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

tastasol
Loved the preview!

A good start for us with a 2nd place for Larsen. Of course I have to wonder how close that was given that he was listed first in the graphic at some point there, but it's good start anyway. Two top prologues from Larsen in a row now, cool to see him filling up so nicely after SKA departed us.

Looking forward to the rest of the race. Hopefully we can challenge for some stage glory over the next weeks.

OlegTinkov
Great to have 3 riders in the top-10 but seriously worried about Pavel Sivakov, hopefully it was just a bad day and he will get better soon.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
SotD
I can't remember having been this dissapointed before. Not even trying to send a rider in the breakaway with the setup I have for this race is just pathetic. Fair enough to try and miss out - but not to try. Can't even begin comprehending how bad that is.

Bouglas 15th in the sprint, oh well, it's a bit worse than expected but he need better positioning to make the points. I guess we'll have to try again tomorrow - but it has to be better!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

knockout
Very unfortunate to miss out on the break. Havik would have been a good shout for it but i guess he started the stage slightly too far back in the peloton for the first attack. Those KoM points could have been massive for us.

Thijssen with good positioning but that incline killed him. 20th is nothing to wrote home about but i love that he tried and hope to see more of that.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

redordead
Not much of a sprint from Zariff, but seeing him in the white jersey is an early highlight for my team Grin

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

hillis91
Briliant report, thank you!
Congrats to ISA - Hexacta.

Lovely top 10 on the second stage for us, makes up the fact that we had nobody in the break. Onwards and upwards!
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

alexkr00
Arrested development Grin

Ah a weak sprint startlist is not good if that means we will be making our own leadout. We did bring a couple of good guys for the flat chase, but not a train. Still, a podium for Van Poppel is a good start.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Croatia14
Great win for ISA!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Luis Leon Sanchez
Pity Thijssen looked like he was in a good position but ended up sliding down to 20th. Hopefully he can snag some better results in this tour yet!

ember
Congratulations on what is kind of a surprising win, I feel, eventhough we lack the very best sprinters here. Well done, Scorchio!

Solid try from Dainese, thought he was going to finish even better, but suspect his tank got empty on the final hundred meters. Nice try, and 7th is a good result.

Also, Preidler not the lanterne rouge anymore is a win Pfft

tastasol
Another good stage by Larsen. Great to have him picking up some bonus points here. Also very much enjoyed the Korsaeth meme Pfft

Congrats to ISA on the win and yellow!

roturn
Anonymous start so far for the team.

Ciccone (as unfortunately) expected couldn`t really play out his PRL stat in the first stage, Wellens did okay.
2nd stage without a sprinter and no need yet to really burn energy in flat breaks, it was most important to stay in the peloton. The time trialists could attack of course but in the end chances are too slim at that point.

Thanks for the reports and congrats to yet another GT stage by Harrison, which on paper is a huge result for him for sure.

Gustavovskiy
Outstanding win. It's been a surprising Tour so far. I wonder how many monre surpriae wins we'll get.

Congrats Scorchio!
Manager of Everesting

tastasol
Almost absurd to see us do a sprint train. We haven't really had the sprinter for that in years, but I guess they must have practiced it anyways. Brilliant work from the team and a great sprint from Larsen also, considering his stats. He's really been our outstanding rider this "summer". Congrats to Nemolito on the win!

SotD
Brilliant stuff Bouglas. So damn close to the win, but 2nd is absolutely brilliant, and the exact reason why I brought him.

Not enought KOM points on offer today to make an attack worthwhile, so while I was dissapointed yesterday, the lack of an attack today was the right thing to do.

Tomorrow however is a MUST attack stage - preferably more than one guy in the attack also!

Congrats on the obligatory Manninen stage-win - well deserved, eventhough I would have preferred him waiting for a day where Bouglas wasn't in the mix.

Also, what a race Niklas Larsen is having!
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

knockout
Thijssen with a 10th place at least gets us onto the scoreboard. Not brilliant but its a start after an anonymous start to the race.

Next stage is the first i have some hopes for. Ideal scenario is that someone like Sergis joins the break.
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

hillis91
Happy to see us making moves in the breakaway and also cool to see one of the youngsters doing work!

Also cool to see the special Green Jersey kit for Manninen Smile
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.