alpartx

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
Nymoen95
How do I offer a new contract to my riders in career mode?

cunego59
You go to your squad, rightclick on the respective rider and click on renew or something like that. Then, a window opens where you can offer a contract.

Alakagom
Dear Managers,

Cyanide and Focus have worked hard over the years to make available the best possible version of Pro Cycling Manager. The evolution of the multiplayer mode was intended to follow this trend, with the expectation that it would offer a new and exciting multiplayer experience. We truly believe that Armada enables great online gameplay opportunities and we’ll continue working to improve and extend this new mode of play.

With all this talk of Armada, however, we have not forgotten fans of the classic multiplayer race mode. We’ll soon be integrating an online mode for friendly races, where you will be able to compete with the full complement of professional teams and squads delivered with the game.

We'd also like to say that we are very proud to see the number of competitions you organize across the year and we’re looking into ways we can support you in this.

Thanks a lot and have fun playing this brand new Pro Cycling Manager 2012!

The Pro Cycling Manager team

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

aidanvn13
This was Rodriguez's reaction when he realised Cyanide replaced the old multiplayer with Armada:lol: *facepalm*
3.bp.blogspot.com/-J5fa1HVnze4/T48ex3fAH6I/AAAAAAAAEIg/8rdRGn4rRe8/s1600/facepalm.jpg

valverde321
@alakagom - it's nice to know they are thinking about single player... Pfft

lluuiiggii
Iirc, this was Cyanide's answer to the old multiplayer back petition (you can see it on page 17 of the thread in Cyanide's forum). It's actually a week old now Pfft

mat4404
Ian Butler wrote:
mat4404 wrote:
Just played a the Giro as a stand alone race 9 times!

3 times with original database, 3 times with PCM Spain and 3 times with RSM News. Only played the 3 key mountain stages of each tour and simmed the rest. Seems a problem I've encountered a lot is the size of groups at the finish.

If many riders attack, sometimes you see gaps. If you put pressure on at the front of the race in the style of USPS or Sky, nothing seems to happen. Using Rabobanks 9 strongest climbers I put the hammer down on every major climb, 70% effort until the final 2 climbs.

The follwoing is an example from the Stelvio stage using the PCM Spain DB.

On the penultimate climb I put Slagter, Sanchez and Kelderman on the front @ 80%. Peloton reduced to between 69 odd riders. At the base of the final climb group swelled to 80 riders!

On the final climb (25km to go) put Kruijswjick straight on the front @ 80% effort. After around 8kms he runs out of steam. The peleton is only down to 61 riders. Mollema takes over again @ 80% effort. After a further 6 kms he's burnt out.

With 11kms to go The group is still 34 strong. I'm not looking to win the stage, just see what destruction I can do so I put my final man, Gesink (80 Mou) on the front @ 80% effort. With a little over a km to go he burns out. How big is the group? 24 riders strong! Diego Ulissi (74mou) is still hanging on!

In the final km the sprint ensues. Ends with Schleck winning 23 secs ahead of Contador and 45 secs ahead of the 22 remaining riders who all finish in the same time.

How can this be? A top performance by my Rabo team, all went to plan, yet we can't even shift average climbers. All climbers with 77+ Mou finish in the bunch. None get dropped.

To be honest I don't care that my rider didn't win, not one iota. What I do care about is yet again seem to have a game who's mountain AI is way off. But they solved this problem 2 years ago. Why is it happening again.

The lack of vocal complaints about the mountain AI so far has be worried that this time Cyanide won't address the issue.

A patch still has to fix it. Though in career mode, it's already fixed.

Is this confirmed? Is the mountain AI ok in career mode?

Ian Butler
I don't know if it's officially confirmed but I'm playing career mode and at the end of the stages in Paris-Nice and Criterium International I'm mostly alone or with a very small group. So the AI is correct in career mode. Also in the cobbled races I've found lesser riders falling back.

issoisso
Anybody else notice jokes in the hints & tips displayed while a stage is loading?

I just got one telling me not to try to follow a swiss machine on the flat at 60km/h or I might end up with cramps :lol:

EDIT: Maybe it's database specific?
Edited by issoisso on 01-07-2012 10:22
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

fenian_1234
Played the Punta Veleno stage of the Giro del Trentino. Still far too easy to get blocked on the narrow mountain roads - only way to get out from behind someone riding slower when using dot is to use the attack button.

Johan92
mat4404 wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
[quote]mat4404 wrote:
x

Is this confirmed? Is the mountain AI ok in career mode?

I've experienced the same. THe AI in single player is pretty much crap, however I think in career mode its very good. I'm in my second season now playing the Giro, and I had a lot of fun. I like the gameplay very much in career. Lots of attacks, pacing to work, alternative tactics can work (Andy-style attacks in the mountains) etc.
www.pcmnorge.no

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ian Butler
issoisso wrote:
Anybody else notice jokes in the hints & tips displayed while a stage is loading?

I just got one telling me not to try to follow a swiss machine on the flat at 60km/h or I might end up with cramps :lol:

I don't think it's database specific, I've had the swiss machine too Smile

cunego59
Yeah, it has put a smile on my face as well Smile Let me know when you find more!

johannes-w
What? I havent seen one of thoseSmile sounds funny though - I only get stupid tipsPfft

kieranm
First post, but need to have a rant.

I've had every version of pcm and this is the worst by a long way. I'm playing stage races or classics solo. The AI and controlling of the riders is awful!! How can you get it so right on previous versions, then make a total mess of it.

Since when do cyclists go uphill at 4kph? When do riders with full energy just decide to fall off the back of a group. It's truly awful!!!

I won't be playing it anymore and unlikely to buy any further versions.

baseballlover312
Ian Butler wrote:
issoisso wrote:

I don't think it's database specific, I've had the swiss machine too Smile

Alll those tips are in the magazine in PCM 11
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Teddy The Creator
kieranm wrote:
First post, but need to have a rant.

I've had every version of pcm and this is the worst by a long way. I'm playing stage races or classics solo. The AI and controlling of the riders is awful!! How can you get it so right on previous versions, then make a total mess of it.

Since when do cyclists go uphill at 4kph? When do riders with full energy just decide to fall off the back of a group. It's truly awful!!!

I won't be playing it anymore and unlikely to buy any further versions.

I would play career mode first, apparently the gameplay is far better. And it's a bit cynical to write the game off before the final patch is even out.

Ian Butler
@ Teddy: You have to play career, gameplay is much better indeed Smile

the_hoyle
Well... I have to say that I am quite disappointed with it. The game finally arrived last Wednesday, and I am unable to play it. I was unable to load 3D stages, and more than half of the Simulations would crash upon completion. I contact PCM about this, and after waiting a couple of days, I get a reply asking for me to send them a report of my laptop. I reply, and again a few more days later, they tell me my laptop is not good enough and that's that...

Ok, my laptop is not the greatest, but other PCMs have worked fine, so why does this suddenly require so much more from a graphics card/video card?

On the plus side, I did think that the new layout of the career screen was very nice, and the built in season planner would be very helpful. Sadly I was was not able to fully experience it over a longer period of time.

So back to PCM11 it is. Before this though, I have to email PCM for them to resend me the installation link, as I uninstalled everything before I installed PCM12 *sigh*
.: Manager of :.
i.imgur.com/FNKAFFk.png
.: My Awards :.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/graphic.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/graphicartist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/artist.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/graphic%20artist.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/graphicartist1.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2017/jersey.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/jersey%20designer.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/jerseydesigner1.png
i.imgur.com/8u03OA4.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2014/avatar.png

valverde321
the_hoyle wrote:
Well... I have to say that I am quite disappointed with it. The game finally arrived last Wednesday, and I am unable to play it. I was unable to load 3D stages, and more than half of the Simulations would crash upon completion. I contact PCM about this, and after waiting a couple of days, I get a reply asking for me to send them a report of my laptop. I reply, and again a few more days later, they tell me my laptop is not good enough and that's that...

Ok, my laptop is not the greatest, but other PCMs have worked fine, so why does this suddenly require so much more from a graphics card/video card?

On the plus side, I did think that the new layout of the career screen was very nice, and the built in season planner would be very helpful. Sadly I was was not able to fully experience it over a longer period of time.

So back to PCM11 it is. Before this though, I have to email PCM for them to resend me the installation link, as I uninstalled everything before I installed PCM12 *sigh*

Wow that sucks! But simulation should work fine, if it worked last year!

I think they are just too lazy to figure out your actual problem.

Have you thought of upgrading your laptop a bit? I think RAM is pretty cheap and that may be all you need to play everything on lowest settings and simulate and such.

Is there a special setting you had your laptop on, to play PCM 11, that you dont have set for PCM 12? (I think you can put your graphics card to "gaming mode" or something like that)

Edit: Update Graphics Card Drivers maybe?
Edited by valverde321 on 02-07-2012 20:32

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Attack, Rinero!