· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Expansion Pack: Stat Discussion
SweatyViking
valverde321 wrote:
What? Perget is a decent climber Shock

He has done a lot to justify only 73 MO imo. 24 at the Vuelta last year, thats finishing ahead of Zubeldia, Machado, Anton, Duarte, Txurukka, Kessiakoff.

5th in the Route de Sud.

17th at Giro del Trentino. He finished around Tiralongo, Niemiec, Pirazzi, Sella, Nibali, Losada.

And I believe he was quite attacking in the 2010 Tour leading the KoM for a few days.

How can you say he deserves a 65? :lol:

65 was maybe a bit low, but he isn't a 73. His Vuelta was more about stability, his top mountain stage finish was a 34th place. He is more a REC rider than a MO rider, he's at 72 REC ATM, a rise to 74-75 could be fine. I was a little too fast about his MO, remember that he was barely to be seen on TV in the Vuelta and was beaten by riders like Majka, Jufre, etc.

His Giro was also a total waste except a 29th at the Stelvio (again, late in the race). If he gets 70-71 MO and 75 REC he could still get decent results if he's in top form.

lluuiiggii
SweatyViking wrote:
Tristan Valentin is a Cofidis rider and not a AG2R rider.

That's more like a bug report - so thanks Pfft (surprised to see no one had mentioned that yet Shock)

valverde321
SweatyViking wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

He has done a lot to justify only 73 MO imo. 24 at the Vuelta last year, thats finishing ahead of Zubeldia, Machado, Anton, Duarte, Txurukka, Kessiakoff.

5th in the Route de Sud.

17th at Giro del Trentino. He finished around Tiralongo, Niemiec, Pirazzi, Sella, Nibali, Losada.

And I believe he was quite attacking in the 2010 Tour leading the KoM for a few days.

65 was maybe a bit low, but he isn't a 73. His Vuelta was more about stability, his top mountain stage finish was a 34th place. He is more a REC rider than a MO rider, he's at 72 REC ATM, a rise to 74-75 could be fine. I was a little too fast about his MO, remember that he was barely to be seen on TV in the Vuelta and was beaten by riders like Majka, Jufre, etc.

His Giro was also a total waste except a 29th at the Stelvio (again, late in the race). If he gets 70-71 MO and 75 REC he could still get decent results if he's in top form.

I still dont see how he isn't a 73 to you. I think its probably perfect for him. Can get decent Top 50 results with those stats, but wont ever win anything big. Even with high REC in PCM, 70 mountain is not going to do anything for him. And just because he wasn't on TV, it doesn't take away his results, which he clearly has.

75 REC is insane for him. He's not nearly that good, and riding the Giro as a team-mate his goal wasn't to get results, so I can't class it as a failure at all.
Edited by valverde321 on 13-08-2012 21:12

SweatyViking
valverde321 wrote:
SweatyViking wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

5th in the Route de Sud.

I still dont see how he isn't a 73. I think its probably perfect for him. Can get decent Top 50 results with those stats, but wont ever win anything big. Even with high REC in PCM, 70 mountain is not going to do anything for him. And just because he wasn't on TV, it doesn't take away his results, which he clearly has.

75 REC is insane for him. He's not nearly that good, and riding the Giro as a team-mate his goal wasn't to get results, so I can't class it as a failure at all.

He had placings around 60-70 on the other mountain stages, then he started to do better, topping with a 29th on the Stelvio. That proves that he has good stability and very good recovery.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 14:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
SweatyViking wrote:
valverde321 wrote:
SweatyViking wrote:
valverde321 wrote:

5th in the Route de Sud.

I still dont see how he isn't a 73. I think its probably perfect for him. Can get decent Top 50 results with those stats, but wont ever win anything big. Even with high REC in PCM, 70 mountain is not going to do anything for him. And just because he wasn't on TV, it doesn't take away his results, which he clearly has.

He had placings around 60-70 on the other mountain stages, then he started to do better, topping with a 29th on the Stelvio. That proves that he has good stability and very good recovery.

To me thats more a sign of him getting over the big early climbs, and then holding on during the final climb. An even better sign that he's a good climber, rather than him being amazing at recovering.

He placed poorly in the later weeks mountain stages too. Obviously his recovery is pretty good, but he is nothing special, imo. For a mountain attacker/ team-mate, 75 REC is an awful lot. Even on further inspection I believe his stats are pretty good the way they are.

baseballlover312
I think people need to stop overating GC guuys recovery and underrating other guys recovery. Alll GC guys have a high stat, when they only get worse, and guys who get better have worse Recovery. I agree with Sweaty. I'd give him 72 mtn and 75 recovery.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

valverde321
Well I disagree with 75. Thats still too high for him..... 73 would be better.

And while were at it, Pinot and Van Garderen may need a bit higher REC. Both are at 73, 72 and I seem to recall they had great 3rd weeks.

baseballlover312
TJVG should have 75-76, Pinot struggled in the Alps at first but rebounded, 74.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Pellizotti2
baseballlover312 wrote:

Pinot was better than Van Garderen in the mountains, even though he struggled with stomach problems on the stage to Bagneres-de-Luchon. I can't see why Tejay should get a higher recovery stat than him.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

valverde321
Pellizotti2 wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

Pinot was better than Van Garderen in the mountains, even though he struggled with stomach problems on the stage to Bagneres-de-Luchon. I can't see why Tejay should get a higher recovery stat than him.

Agreed, I thought Pinot was one of the best climbers if not, the best climber in the final few mountain stages, where as in the first week he was basically just "there".

baseballlover312
Well, if you really think about it, they both had better recovery than most riders in the whole tour. Pinto 78 and TJVG 77
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

CrueTrue
Concerning talents, you also have to keep in mind that they develop during a career.

For example, Tejay really shouldn't have TdF stats at the beginning of a career, but he should have a potential that allows him to become what he showed at the Tour.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
baseballlover312
But he is what he was in the TDF. So he may develop even more, as irl.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

CrueTrue
My point is that if you give him TdF-stats, he will be way beyond his TdF-level once you reach the TdF in the game. That's not realistic, so his stats should be lower at the beginning of a career. That goes for all talents.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
baseballlover312
Lower. But only by a point or so. So when you reach the tDF, these stats will be spot on. Otherwise he will be underrated.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

alex valceanu
Do u agree with these stats for sprinter ?
Cav 83 SP /83 ACC
Greipel 82 SP/81 ACC
Kiteel 80 SP/80 ACC
Goss 80 SP /79 ACC
Sagan 79SP / 81 ACC
Rojas 78 SP /78 ACC
Farrar 76 SP / 78 ACC
EBH 76 SP / 78 ACC
Swift 77 SP/ 77 ACC
Petacchi 77SP /78 ACC
Guardini 78SP/ 77 ACC
Degenkolb 77SP / 77 ACC
Boonen 76 SP / 77 ACC

i thought some while at Kittel , maybe that 80 is a liitle bit to much , he didint win a stage in an inmportant race this year , (not Eneco )but he is talented and he abandonned in TDF . The same for Rojas he was injured , not his fault that he didint have wins .

cio93
alex valceanu wrote:
Cav 83 SP /83 ACC
Greipel 82 SP/81 ACC
Kiteel 80 SP/80 ACC
Goss 80 SP /79 ACC
Sagan 79SP / 81 ACC
Rojas 78 SP /78 ACC
Farrar 76 SP / 78 ACC
EBH 76 SP / 78 ACC
Swift 77 SP/ 77 ACC
Petacchi 77SP /78 ACC
Guardini 78SP/ 77 ACC
Degenkolb 77SP / 77 ACC
Boonen 76 SP / 77 ACC

i thought some while at Kittel , maybe that 80 is a liitle bit to much , he didint win a stage in an inmportant race this year , (not Eneco )but he is talented and he abandonned in TDF . The same for Rojas he was injured , not his fault that he didint have wins .

P-N had no pure flat stages, he was ill in TdF, and Eneco is the only other WT race for him this year, and he clearly dominated there. What do you expect? For me, there's no need at all to think about lowering him.

baseballlover312
alex valceanu wrote:
Cav 83 SP /83 ACC
Greipel 82 SP/81 ACC
Kiteel 80 SP/80 ACC
Goss 80 SP /79 ACC
Sagan 79SP / 81 ACC
Rojas 78 SP /78 ACC
Farrar 76 SP / 78 ACC
EBH 76 SP / 78 ACC
Swift 77 SP/ 77 ACC
Petacchi 77SP /78 ACC
Guardini 78SP/ 77 ACC
Degenkolb 77SP / 77 ACC
Boonen 76 SP / 77 ACC

Farrar should have 77. With 76, he will be mixed in with worser leadout men.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

SweatyViking
baseballlover312 wrote:
alex valceanu wrote:
Cav 83 SP /83 ACC
Greipel 82 SP/81 ACC
Kiteel 80 SP/80 ACC
Goss 80 SP /79 ACC
Sagan 79SP / 81 ACC
Rojas 78 SP /78 ACC
Farrar 76 SP / 78 ACC
EBH 76 SP / 78 ACC
Swift 77 SP/ 77 ACC
Petacchi 77SP /78 ACC
Guardini 78SP/ 77 ACC
Degenkolb 77SP / 77 ACC
Boonen 76 SP / 77 ACC

Guardini down to 76/77 SP.

Spilak23
SweatyViking wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
alex valceanu wrote:
Cav 83 SP /83 ACC
Greipel 82 SP/81 ACC
Kiteel 80 SP/80 ACC
Goss 80 SP /79 ACC
Sagan 79SP / 81 ACC
Rojas 78 SP /78 ACC
Farrar 76 SP / 78 ACC
EBH 76 SP / 78 ACC
Swift 77 SP/ 77 ACC
Petacchi 77SP /78 ACC
Guardini 78SP/ 77 ACC
Degenkolb 77SP / 77 ACC
Boonen 76 SP / 77 ACC

Guardini down to 76/77 SP.

He beated Cavendish in a straight sprint, the day after a tough mountain stage where he finished dead last. 79/79 for me with low secondary stats.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
New way of road painting
New way of road painting