· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
Vien
Ian Butler wrote:
When's the first patch expected? Days, weeks?

In a week. But you can get it now for only €19,99.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/bettingchampion.png

Ian Butler
That are a lot of things fixed Pfft
How can you release a game that way, hasn't it been tested? Grin

chraanz
Ian Butler wrote:
That are a lot of things fixed Pfft
How can you release a game that way, hasn't it been tested? Grin

I'm not surprised.. it's Cyanide! Wink

ruben
i think im skipping PCM 2012, for now... maybe in a few months I'll change my mind. But right now, not happy with all the news

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Riis123
The new interface sucks. I really don't why they had to change it. Especially the changes in the right side (game speed, sound etc.) are flat out stupid. Why, Cyanide?

Pellizotti2
Cyanide's main focus this year seems to have been to increase the costs as much as possible, by finding new things to pay for. This is really low... Rolling Eyes
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Riis123
Riis123 wrote:
The new interface sucks. I really don't why they had to change it. Especially the changes in the right side (game speed, sound etc.) are flat out stupid. Why, Cyanide?

Sorry, i was wrong. By playing 1/2 of a stage more i must admit that the new map sucks even harder.

mowinckel91
Can't say that im impressed so far, but after a few patches it might be a solid cycling game. You will have to change interface etc to try to improve the game. I'm glad that they're trying and giving us a new game every year. Sometimes its magic, sometimes its tragic!

lluuiiggii
SportingNonsense wrote:
I really dont remember a PCM release with such a negative response!

I wasn't really active in the community two years ago, is this worse than PCM10 (people's reaction)? Shock

Actually from what I've read from that time, some people were even praising the game at first (including the AI!). Then after some time and some GC contenders winning bunch sprints, I guess they started to realize the truth Pfft

Spilak23
lluuiiggii wrote:
SportingNonsense wrote:
I really dont remember a PCM release with such a negative response!

I wasn't really active in the community two years ago, is this worse than PCM10 (people's reaction)? Shock

Actually from what I've read from that time, some people were even praising the game at first (including the AI!). Then after some time and some GC contenders winning bunch sprints, I guess they started to realize the truth Pfft

I think some of the patches for pcm 10 were really bugged..

valverde321
It works for me this year! I dont have to do any crazy workarounds!

The Music isn't super annoying after 5 minutes.

ember
I've just tried it, played the stage to Verbier in Tour de Suisse with Sky. Hit a strong pace with Rogers, Uran, Porte and Froome on Simplonpass (.HC, 25 kilometers long). At the very top of the climb, Froome and everyone else of my pacers were empty, Cavendish, who didn't do the pacing was in pretty good shape in the middle of the bunch, while Wiggins was just behind my train with a pulse around 150. The advantages of sitting in a peloton seems to have been heavily overrated. Even better, there was 149 riders still in the peloton at the summit......Then we hit Verbier, no one who attacked got away, and it ended with a sprint between 19 riders. Other than that, the blocking seems to have become worse, now it's literally impossible to attack not from the first row on a flat when the peloton is relaxed (full width).

Other than that, it's really annoying the various bars decides to slide away, guess I'll have to learn most hotkeys, as it's really annoying to click several times only to get the stage going at x8.

Hopefully the next stages I try are better, but the first one was just awful, didn't like it at all, PCM11 feels amazing compared to my first stage in PCM12 Pfft

9-Ball
Quick first impressions:

Downloaded this morning - only took 25 minutes, but had to wait an hour for the Activation key. I assume the Cyanide folks were busy with espresso.

Installation quick and smooth - activation key even works (remembering 2010 woes).

Fired up the game this afternoon on ... uh ... finishing work early (aka watching the Czech's lose to The World's Most Annoying Team) ... only played two mountain stages and one city sprint finish so far, and relatively quickly, but overall I'm more positively surprised than negatively.

The uphill attacking 'bug' is still present but from my two stages it's nothing like as bad as it was previously. I think the issue is more AI related in terms of multiple (excessive) attacks taking place. More testing needed here but I'm hopeful it's at least better.

Nice big time gaps on a couple of mountain top finishes. Surprised by this but it's a positive. I had Contador pulling out almost 90 seconds on my sluggish Shrecks and Evans, although I believe I did see someone waving a glowing green steak at the top which may have provided excessive motivation for the little fella. Or not. Wiggings trailing in about 3 minutes down, panting his little lungs up.

General pacing of the game is still far too speedy in my view, and it's a shame we can't mod this. Base flat speeds are mis-representative versus overall map/stage lengths which hurts the experience. I might be alone in caring about this.

Sprinting feels about the same as last year.

Interface tweaks weren't immediately pleasant (all a bit small on my 24" screen running at 1920x1200) but it's a streamlined a little which isn't a bad thing. Could do with some modding for clarity, however and I'm not sure if some functions haven't been removed as I couldn't find the usual controls on rider protection and opponent recon. That may just be me, so far.

Same dreamy music as ever. Almost fell asleep in the middle of a mountain stage.

Same old possibly inebriated commentary but I don't think we even hope for improvements in this arena any more.

Graphics appear about the same as 2011 to me, which as I understand from the limited pre-release info I read is to be expected. I do see new (ugly) crowd models/textures and buildings, however. Generally speaking, there's more going on beside the road, even if it ain't too pretty. The game appears a bit of a system hog, as ever. My system is far over the recommended specs and it's not exactly jaw-droppingly beautiful to look at, nor does it run without an occasional frame stutter (mainly in cities) - nothing to significantly dent the experience.

No crashes or obviously huge bugs.

-/+ speed controls still work.

Database is obviously a mess but I see some real name replacements are up already. Lots of work to do there, still. I haven't compared numbers yet but I wondered if the db is the same as last year's vanilla file, in terms of ratings, which would be odd.

Overall then, much more positive than negative but if you have 2011 I couldn't really recommend it as a big upgrade based on features explored so far. I didn't touch MP/other features yet. I'll post more later when I hit a BSOD.

baseballlover312
I'm quite content now with PCM11. Really no reason to transfer yet.

I just got an idea. Why doesn't Cyanide ditch the in race menu music and get some decent commentary that every other sports game has?

And 19.99 Euros for a patch? Jesus. I'm fed up with Cyanide. Okay. Until this Armada mode proves worthy, Cyanide and Focus aren't getting my money this year.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Julian
Mountain stages are unplayably unrealistic. There seems to be the same effect of drafting like in the flats so you have to stay in the groups and win moutain stages sprinting in the end. I started with Andy Schleck in some kind of a cat 2 race with a mountain finish and he was the rider with the best mountain rating by far. i attacked at the beginning of the last mountain and paced his ride perfectly but he was caught just a few kilometers later by a big group of riders with a low 70's mountain rating. Even in the Tour big groups finish the mountain stages in the alpes unified.
Also the new system of placing your riders in the correct position of the pack is pretty messed up. you have to pay constant attention to all of your riders all the time because they often backdrop for no obvious reason. especiallialy your sprinters need much attention in mountain stages because they don't stay in the grupetto though yellow and red bars are completly full.
the new 3d-interface is horrible and won't get better by getting used to it.
This is totally contrary to my first PCM 2011 impressions because PCM 2011 delivered some pretty exciting races in the beginning.
Edited by Julian on 21-06-2012 23:05

fsikansi
I need help, I can't play online, I got the message "Player key not found", I used my activation code as player key. I just receive the activation code in the email with the download link.

Polti
fsikansi wrote:
I need help, I can't play online, I got the message "Player key not found", I used my activation code as player key. I just receive the activation code in the email with the download link.

same hereSad

baseballlover312
And anyone know if the 60 day race limit was extended to fit the larger schedule?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ian Butler
Yeah, I'm kind of curious about that one myself. Anyone played 60 days yet? Pfft

Riis123
Julian wrote:
Mountain stages are unplayably unrealistic. There seems to be the same effect of drafting like in the flats so you have to stay in the groups and win moutain stages sprinting in the end. I started with Andy Schleck in some kind of a cat 2 race with a mountain finish and he was the rider with the best mountain rating by far. i attacked at the beginning of the last mountain and paced his ride perfectly but he was caught just a few kilometers later by a big group of riders with a low 70's mountain rating. Even in the Tour big groups finish the mountain stages in the alpes unified.
Also the new system of placing your riders in the correct position of the pack is pretty messed up. you have to pay constant attention to all of your riders all the time because they often backdrop for no obvious reason. especiallialy your sprinters need much attention in mountain stages because they don't stay in the grupetto though yellow and red bars are completly full.
the new 3d-interface is horrible and won't get better by getting used to it.
This is totally contrary to my first PCM 2011 impressions because PCM 2011 delivered some pretty exciting races in the beginning.

Agree. The 2011-version is way better regarding in-game.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
There's always one...
There's always one...