PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
More realistic names PCM11
lluuiiggii
AiZaK wrote:
Please add the archive in the next update DB.daily

Archive?

AiZaK
Are there some archive with Realistic Names of Scouting Zones or not??

Sorry but I speak english a little bit, I don´t know if it´s 1 archive, plugin, add-on,...

Ultimately, The next PCM.daily DB/update has "More or Better Realistic Names"??

lluuiiggii
Ah, you mean like the files MrDemus posts here? If yes, then he answered you just above your post Pfft

MrDemus wrote:
EDIT: Also, feel free to give me feedback on my existing work. It is in the Daily DB, so most of you should have it. Spelling mistakes, typos or just countries that need an overhaul. Feedback in general is also welcome Smile

So yes, as it's also mentioned on the features, the more realistic names are included in the DB Wink

MrDemus
For everyone playing with the Daily DB for PCM12, I have done an update with the following features:

1) Eritrea now scoutable
2) Oman, Qatar, Zimbabwe etc. no longer produces young riders, as I found it unrealistic.

Note: Eritrea is placed wrong on the map. This has no effect in game.

This is ONLY for people who play with the PCM Daily DB for PCM 2012

https://www.sendsp...ile/5rzice

Install: Download BOTH files (one is attached. The other one is in the link) Unzip and place regen.xml in Pro Cycling Manager 2012/xml/youngridercarac and overwrite the existing file. Place the DB file in you documents/Pro Cycling Manager 2012 and then the corresponding folder.

Enjoy Smile
MrDemus attached the following file:
regen.rar [82.69kB / 171 Downloads]

Edited by MrDemus on 20-10-2012 20:37

lluuiiggii
One is not attached Pfft

MrDemus
And...I will most likely release another update at a later date including new countries (most likely Iran, Algeria and South Korea)

But for now enjoy Eritrea Grin

MrDemus
lluuiiggii wrote:
One is not attached Pfft

Apparently you can't attach xml files Pfft Made it a zip. Should work now.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 12:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
MrDemus
Could a mod please rename this thread to "...PCM12" and move it to PCM12 database forum instead?

Pwetty pwease. Me love you long time.

CrueTrue
Wink

http://www.pcmdaily.com
MrDemus
Cheers Mike Grin

MrDemus
Not only for this update, but for the improved names in general (featured in the PCMDaily DB's):

If you find any mistakes - be it spelling errors, typos or just general mistakes (girls names etc. Pfft) please post them in thsi thread so I can correct them.

The feedback is what makes this file better.

MrDemus
Update on the progress:
I have collected names for Iran and South Korea. So only Algeria missing. Unless you guys have requests?

Also, I promised to look through the portuguese names, so that will also be done for the next release.

Wild Dog
Could be nice with some more names for african countries. Rwanda and Ethiopia now you have already made Eritrea and is working on Algeria Smile

Actually if you could make these (don't know if you already work on some of them) Smile
Algeria (In progress?)
Ecuador
Ethiopia
Iran (In progress?)
Namibia
Rwanda
Zambia

Grin
Edited by Wild Dog on 21-11-2012 14:48
Vincenzo Nibali - Rui Costa - Nairo Quintana - Alberto Contador - Peter Sagan

WDshirts

The Last of the Real
- Story about Dries Deckers - racing against Merckx, de Vlaeminck etc.

MrDemus
Algeria: I plan on adding
Ecuador: Not sure if I'll make them (likely not)
Ethiopia: Possible
Iran: In progress
Namibia: Not likely
Rwanda: Not likely
Zambia: Not likely

davidov
Take a look at another thread: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_565257

I posted there my work a few months ago, which includes many more countries. Feel free to use it or take parts of it.

zmiguel91
Why the portuguese names have not changed in PCM.daily 2013 DB?

I did a pretty good list, perhaps needs some tweaks because common names appear too much, but it is a list that makes the game create portuguese cyclists with much more realistic names. Wink

lluuiiggii
zmiguel91 wrote:
Why the portuguese names have not changed in PCM.daily 2013 DB?

I did a pretty good list, perhaps needs some tweaks because common names appear too much, but it is a list that makes the game create portuguese cyclists with much more realistic names. Wink

They haven't changed because we haven't got knowledge of this list. Pfft Where can it be found? Smile

zmiguel91
lluuiiggii wrote:
They haven't changed because we haven't got knowledge of this list. Pfft Where can it be found? Smile

I talked to MrDemus about the list in mid November. At that time he was working with the names of african countries and said he would check the list. I thought meanwhile that had been taken into consideration and would be changed for 2013DB.

About the list, I do not have it on pc or mediafire, but I can try to create a new one if necessary. Wink
Edited by zmiguel91 on 21-01-2013 13:27

lluuiiggii
zmiguel91 wrote:
I talked to MrDemus about the list in mid November. At that time he was working with the names of african countries and said he would check the list. I thought meanwhile that had been taken into consideration and would be changed for 2013DB.

About the list, I do not have it on pc or mediafire, but I can try to create a new one if necessary. Wink

Well, the list was never posted in public, so we never got to know about it. But let's wait to see if MrDemus still has it, perhaps there's no need for a new one Smile

MrDemus
I have not worked on this in ages. I have been very busy. Basically what happens is: I have looked at the portuguese names, and it should actually be in the version where Eritrea is scoutable if my mind serves me right.

Regarding the other countries, I have done some work, but not nearly enough, and since life is pretty busy right now the project is on hold for a while.

However, I do hope that Eritrea as a scoutable country will feature in the Daily DB.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
A Church ? and Jesus ?
A Church ? and Jesus ?