· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
The Hobbit
Realism is what we're aiming for though. It is my opinion if all you want is gameplay play a completely fantasy database or maybe give him low potential. If we display kwiatkowsky as he is then surely what he will become in a few years is symbolic of what will happen in real life? Anyway when I played with him he didn't progress at all and has a total palmares of nothing....

I vote give him realistic stats, same goes for all youngsters, and if he develops into a monster fair enough, you can make a game fun regardless of the competition, make it your mission to be his personal destroyer or something, or just pretend he's a drugs cheat and give him a tonne of 'unavailable injuries'.

He should be as good as he is.

Jesleyh
@Alakagom

Yeah, about the potentials, I was thinking, is this right and/or are you informed of this?

ruben wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

And that top-riders develop more with potential 1 than 7, just seems very illogical to me, you probably understand that Wink

Yet, they do. Depending on what stat limits you set in the young carac files. It's more likely a 80CL could reach 83 CL with potential 1, then with potential 7.
Because if youngrider file is set so a potential 7 rider maxes out at 82CL, then 82CL is really the limit he can achieve.

If you give a 80 CL rider potential 1, he's already far past the limit of MO set for a potential 1 rider in youngridercarac. The game can't handle that and there's a big chance it adds 3 stat points to his possible limit.

Thus giving potential 1,2,3,4,5 is a BAD idea for top riders. They should have potentials that are within the limits of the corresponding youngridercarac files.

Still with me?

Edited by Jesleyh on 02-10-2013 16:52
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

lluuiiggii
@Jesleyh: did you test that yourself and find the same results? Because from my part, I've definitely had different findings than ruben's. Maybe it was like that some years ago, but, although I struggle to find a logic that explains the generated stat limits for all riders, I'm fairly certain that the limits are working much better than they did before: in a few quick tests I've made with the new .cdb/.xmls/etc, taking MO for example, I didn't get more than 20 riders who had a limit of 80 or more; this number used to be 40+ in other releases. So be it because of the new potentials, be it because of the new .xmls, or whichever other reason, the limits are working quite well currently and that's what I mostly care for Wink

Jesleyh
No, I didn't test it myself, that's why I was wondering whether it's true and might be a possible improvement for the DB(which is probably isn't then, if you are right Wink)

But allright, that's good to hear Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
fickman
Something that has been bothering me 4 quite a long time is some retired riders with 3 or 4 potential. Guys who r still in the DB and have been retired 4 2 or more years that still have enaugh potential to develope. All retired riders should have 1 as Potential IMO.

Jesleyh
Well, they have to find out which guys retired first.
When they did, instead of changing their potential to 1, they could better delete the guy, since he retired Pfft

nacho63
Noooo, I like using the GCN boys Wink

lluuiiggii
Well, yes, all retired riders should be deleted rather than kept with potential 1 Pfft Since the Real Name DB release we've done a good 'clean-up' of retired riders, specially among the older riders which were more checked, but it's hard to get them all. If you know of retired riders who are still in the DB let me know Wink

baseballlover312
If a rider retired midway he is still in the DB right?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

lluuiiggii
baseballlover312 wrote:
If a rider retired midway he is still in the DB right?

Depends mainly on when did he retire. He can also be left in but marked to retire after the 1st career year (f.e. how Veilleux is set).

AiZaK
What do you think about Stats for Warren Barguil???

koreksiak3
It was discussed few pages back just search for it (I think stat will be about 75 in MO)

MartijnVDD
AiZaK wrote:
What do you think about Stats for Warren Barguil???

74MO, iIrc...

Jesleyh
@Alakagom
Something I thought about, what did you stat Quaade at?
Since he'd be very hard to stat, I think.

My personal opinion would be 74/75TT, 72PRL.
Though that probably would be way too high for his non-WCITT results, but too low for his WCITT result Wink

PhilipBusch
Jesleyh wrote:
@Alakagom
Something I thought about, what did you stat Quaade at?
Since he'd be very hard to stat, I think.

My personal opinion would be 74/75TT, 72PRL.
Though that probably would be way too high for his non-WCITT results, but too low for his WCITT result Wink

He actually has a lot of good results in long itts. He won the NC elite in 2011 as an u23 and placed second in the wc u23 to Durbridge. The thing with him is that he can't do anything besides tting on long, flat power routes. He is decent in prolouges (maybe 70-71) but he is not good in technical or hilly tt's. So 75 wouldn't be too high, maybe even 76 would be fine.

Jesleyh
Yes, I know he got some good TT results outside of the WC, but most of those results could also be achieved with f.e 73TT.

Kiserlovski01
What are Trentin's SP and ACC stats?

Daggen
Where did Luigi post the features?

Jesleyh
Homepage, second-latest news.

Though normally in this section a thread with features is opened as well, I'm surprised it isn't there(yet) Wink

lluuiiggii
Jesleyh wrote:
Homepage, second-latest news.

Though normally in this section a thread with features is opened as well, I'm surprised it isn't there(yet) Wink

That's because not all numbers are closed (sponsors, variants, there's still a chance that we add a couple of races). So we'll wait until everything is 100% certain in order to create the thread with the actual list of features Wink

For example, when we wrote the features news we had 9 Vuelta variants - now we have 11 Pfft
Edited by lluuiiggii on 13-10-2013 19:14

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
A win for Scott Nydam