· Newest Member: qvuhphe
View Thread
 Print Thread
The Politics Thread
Strydz
jseadog1 wrote:
Strydz wrote:
jseadog1 wrote:
Personally, Hillary has my vote right at the moment.

I love Trump's idea of a wall and deporting illegal's, so if Hillary doesn't win and Trump does, he will get my vote.

Whaaaaaaat!
So a Wall appeals to you? Explain why please

Because I don't think they should illegally be allowed here.. Like the Muslims we are "saving" from ISIS by bringing them to the USA just to they can do damage here because someone somewhere is sneaking in with them. Mexicans come over and take cheap jobs that somebody (teen, homeless) would gladly take.

The only thing I said I could support in the past is the idea of forcing them into the USA military upon arrival for awhile, but something would go wrong somewhere.

Well you can't build a wall of that length and expect it to be secure so talk about a waste of massive amounts of cash, also you realise that the small amount of "illegals" who are coming across the border are doing jobs that the people of your country just don't want to do.
I have no idea why forcing people into the Military is a good idea when the U.S should be drastically cutting Military spending and cutting the size of the Military as it's heavily bloated and horribly ineffective.
As to the Muslim that do genuinely need refuge I can't see how as a human you could be against taking them in, do you realise unlike Europe they just can't hop on a raft and cross the sea to get to your country (or mine for that matter) so before they even get approved as genuine refugees they have to go through that many checks it's not funny, it's almost insulting but I can understand why the U.S would fear the Islamic world considering what an absolute hash you guys and the rest of the west has done in the middle east.

A Wall is utterly fanciful and WONT HAPPEN
Hells 500 Crew and 6 x Everester
Don Rd Launching Place
Melbourne Hill Rd Warrandyte
Colby Drive Belgrave South
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald
https://www.everesting.cc/hall-of-fame/

t-baum
Bunch of euros, Aussies, etc. telling Americans what they should do with their country. I love it.
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/T-Baum_2007/3_bettini_attacks.jpg
Macquet wrote:

"We all know that wasn't the real footage of the Worlds anyway. That was just the staged footage to perpetuate the coverup that it was actually Vinokourov that won the race."

bigairgraphics.com
lakebeach
t-baum wrote:
Bunch of euros, Aussies, etc. telling Americans what they should do with their country. I love it.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Pfft
"It's very hard to work with other guys because nobody wants to work with me so it's better to drop everybody." - Peter Sagan

Strydz
t-baum wrote:

It can both ways, we live in a globalised world and not in isolated bubbles.

Also if I see an injustice am I just meant to keep quiet?

Oh and when a candidate like Trump is in with a chance to become President then the whole world should say something
Don Rd Launching Place
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald

ringo182
t-baum wrote:

Well the Americans obviously don't have a clue Smile

All countries have problems. But America don't help themselves by turning their presidential election campaign into nothing more then a televised high school class president/popularity competition.

It is purely down to who has the most money. If Trump was in the UK (or most other European countries) he would be a laughing stock like Nigel Farage (who is his equivalent politician in the UK). That is why us non-Americans have so much trouble taking the whole process seriously.

Ad Bot
Posted on 16-09-2024 10:26
Bot Agent

IP: None  
t-baum
Strydz wrote:
t-baum wrote:

Oh and when a candidate like Trump is in with a chance to become President then the whole world should say something

Trump would be a better president than Hillary, Sanders, or Obama.

You probably don't understand this, because you DONT LIVE IN AMERICA. You do not understand the issues of America, you can research them, you can guess, you can think you know. But until you're here for 5-10 years I don't think you have any place to tell us what we should or shouldn't do or who we should or shouldn't elect.

Now I remember why I always stayed out of this thread when I used to be here.

Cheerio!
Macquet wrote:

"We all know that wasn't the real footage of the Worlds anyway. That was just the staged footage to perpetuate the coverup that it was actually Vinokourov that won the race."

bigairgraphics.com
t-baum
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:

All countries have problems. But America don't help themselves by turning their presidential election campaign into nothing more then a televised high school class president/popularity competition.

It is purely down to who has the most money. If Trump was in the UK (or most other European countries) he would be a laughing stock like Nigel Farage (who is his equivalent politician in the UK). That is why us non-Americans have so much trouble taking the whole process seriously.

If it was purely down to who had the most money, Hillary and Rubio would of won the nomination by now.
Macquet wrote:

bigairgraphics.com
ringo182
t-baum wrote:
Strydz wrote:
t-baum wrote:

You probably don't understand this, because you DONT LIVE IN AMERICA. You do not understand the issues of America, you can research them, you can guess, you can think you know. But until you're here for 5-10 years I don't think you have any place to tell us what we should or shouldn't do or who we should or shouldn't elect.

Cheerio!

Good luck with Trump then.

At least it'll be good fun for the rest of us watching Trump calling the world leaders idiots at his first UN Meeting Smile

Strydz
t-baum wrote:
Strydz wrote:
t-baum wrote:

Cheerio!

Well I've studied Politics and also the U.S.A and if you think I haven't looked into this then you are mistaken.
Why can't people from the outside looking in talk about U.S politics and culture considering that your country loves to call itself the Leader of the Free World. Also any country that has the ability to wipe the human race of the face of the planet many times over does make what happens in your country important to everybody else.
Please tell me how Trump would make a good President? Is it his ability change his position on any issue depending on the audience he speaks to? Or that when fact checked 76% of what he said this election campaign has been false? That he decides to help lower the level of public debate at every opportunity?
Is this what you look for in a President?
Don Rd Launching Place
William Rd The Patch
David Hill Rd Monbulk
Lakeside Drive Emerald

t-baum
Strydz wrote:
t-baum wrote:
Strydz wrote:
t-baum wrote:

Cheerio!

Well I've studied Politics and also the U.S.A and if you think I haven't looked into this then you are mistaken.
Why can't people from the outside looking in talk about U.S politics and culture considering that your country loves to call itself the Leader of the Free World. Also any country that has the ability to wipe the human race of the face of the planet many times over does make what happens in your country important to everybody else.
Please tell me how Trump would make a good President? Is it his ability change his position on any issue depending on the audience he speaks to? Or that when fact checked 76% of what he said this election campaign has been false? That he decides to help lower the level of public debate at every opportunity?
Is this what you look for in a President?

Amazing you studied politics and the USA, but not my post.

And throwing up completely biased politifact numbers does not help your argument.
Macquet wrote:

bigairgraphics.com
jph27
No one is telling you what to do. They are simply stating their views, which they are perfectly entitled to do so - especially considering the role that the US President plays in world affairs, which means that this election impacts everyone.

The issues that are being raised with Trump are all fair points, that are easy to see for outsiders but that can be clouded by the issues within the US. No one deserves to be attacked for making their opinions heard, and many of the points raised in here by members outside the US have been very conducive to the debate. And let us not forget that Americans are allowed to have an opinion on the politics of other countries, it isn't a one way street.

t-baum
jph27 wrote:
No one is telling you what to do. They are simply stating their views, which they are perfectly entitled to do so - especially considering the role that the US President plays in world affairs, which means that this election impacts everyone.

The issues that are being raised with Trump are all fair points, that are easy to see for outsiders but that can be clouded by the issues within the US. No one deserves to be attacked for making their opinions heard, and many of the points raised in here by members outside the US have been very conducive to the debate. And let us not forget that Americans are allowed to have an opinion on the politics of other countries, it isn't a one way street.

That's not an attack..... Jesus Christ does there need to be a safe zone on pcmdaily?

I agree with what you said mostly
Macquet wrote:

bigairgraphics.com
ringo182
t-baum wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:

If it was purely down to who had the most money, Hillary and Rubio would of won the nomination by now.

As far as I'm aware Clinton and Rubio have both had careers in politics. As far as I'm aware they are also not billionaires.

Trump is a spoilt billionaire who has decided to become president because he's got nothing better to do. Will you be voting for Kanye West next time Smile

t-baum
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:

As far as I'm aware Clinton and Rubio have both had careers in politics. As far as I'm aware they are also not billionaires.

Trump is a spoilt billionaire who has decided to become president because he's got nothing better to do. Will you be voting for Kanye West next time Smile

Every single candidate still in the race has raised and spent more money than trump.
Macquet wrote:

bigairgraphics.com
Margh Norway
The establishment candidates (like Rubio and Clinton) always get the big donations by banks, pharma, arms industrie, etc.

TheManxMissile
Simply put: Watch the John Oliver, Last Week Tonight, segment on Donald Drumpf.
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

ringo182
t-baum wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:
ringo182 wrote:
t-baum wrote:

Every single candidate still in the race has raised and spent more money than trump.

So what? Trump has 4.5 billion dollars. He doesn't need to raise money.

Would Trump be in this position without his money? No.

Did you know that if Donald Trump had put his money in the bank when he INHERITED it, it would be worth more from the interest then what he has made from business. Trump is actually a very very poor business man. He simply had that much to start with that he couldn't possibly fail. And now he could be president of America. Reckon he'll have his Mafia mates running his security Smile

ringo182
Sorry. Not sure why that posted twice.

t-baum
Ringo, even the biased politifact knows that isn't true.

https://www.politi...umps-fath/
Macquet wrote:

bigairgraphics.com
matt17br

These look like 2 different things in my books Wink
And I'd like to know why the fact he spent less money is any relevant because it doesn't seem to be anything anyone should argue about when talking about potential US presidents. Plus it's basically the single argument Trump supporters are using to take the piss out of Sanders' fundraising campaign...

What Trump has done is basically getting a free campaign by all the main TV broadcasters - not like he needed it anyway with the money he has and so he wouldn't need to raise any money - because what he does is increasing ratings, let's say it fair and square.

Then again he's somehow the least worse among the top 3 reps right now. People are overestimating the damage he would do - not saying he won't do any damage, he's just going to say bullshit and not act, since it's not clear whatever he is going to do anyway since he likes "randomly changing his mind", what I'm worried about the most is people like Cruz who is basically a dumb-ass terrorist.

"There is a religious philosophy in Islamism that encourages them to lie to carry out jihad," Cruz told Fox News last week. He went to a kill-the-gays conference. He repeats lies about climate change and about Planned Parenthood. He had a fabulous time at a college that banned interracial dating. "I thought it was the job of a military chaplain to be insensitive to atheists," he said.

Edited by matt17br on 11-03-2016 16:11
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Final Kilometre