TheManxMissile, OlegTinkov

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Expansion Pack: Stat Discussion
Miguel98
If I would change Pate's stats it would be his mountain to 71.

issoisso
Bushwackers wrote:
Forget my avatar or signature and pretend someone else said it.

OK, I will.

Are you bushwackers in disguise?
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Ian Butler
Well, in a database you can't do right for everyone, obviously. Whether he's worth it or not, I think it's pointless futher discussing Pate's stats to make them higher, as it's not likely to happen here. Probably best to just edit him in your own database and maybe he'll convince everyone in 2013 Wink

Avin Wargunnson
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Liggett or Sherwen? Yeah, I'd like to hear some more intelligent stuff from those two geniuses. :lol:

Yes, Pate has two GT stage podiums. One from a breakaway on a flat Giro stage and one on Prato Nevoso in the Tour, where Simon Gerrans and Egoi Martinez both beat him. In my eyes, that's not top class results.

In addition to those, he has finished third overall in Criterium International. Jens Voigt and Frantisek Rabon in front of him. Not top tier riders if you ask me.

And all of those results are before 2009. Since then, his best result is a 6th place in the USA national TT champs.

Speaking about Rabon, he is maybe even better domestique than Pate, or same level workhorse on the flat and better results wise. And still nobody is bitching here about him being underrated.
So deal with it...
I'll be back

Bushwackers
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
Speaking about Rabon, he is maybe even better domestique than Pate, or same level workhorse on the flat and better results wise. And still nobody is bitching here about him being underrated.
So deal with it...

That is absolutely hilarious. I cant believe you just said that Rabon is as good as Danny Pate. I cant tell if you're trolling or actually delusional. You're pretty much comparing the climbing ability of Greipel and Alberto Contador. When did they release you from the mental hospital?

Alakagom
Ok guys, chill out and stop. If you want to take this somewhere else, please feel free to do so. I read your suggestion Bushwackers. No need to argue anymore.
Edited by Alakagom on 07-11-2012 16:19
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

AiZaK
Ken Hanson need more SPR, maybe 72/73??

Can you add Ivan Stevic and Sinkewitz???

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 08:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Alakagom
2013 DB is looming and here's a preview screen of the stars given to the teams by the PCM ( don't worry about team names and jerseys missing, this was just purely ''stats check DB''Wink )

i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m537/Alakagom/PCM0008-1_zpsa9089954.png

There will be beta version coming soon I think. I plan to update most of stats around end of January for the V1 version, however there were few updates for the WT.

However Pro Continental, Continental and Free Agents will be done in V1, not the Beta.

fcancellara
I think Argos should have a star less, but that's my opinion.
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
Jesleyh
I kinda agree about them. Although I'm sure there are people around here with more knowledge about Cycling than I have, I would kinda make it like this.
I think that's right, Omega-Pharma will be great.
The Dutch teams seem nice, no major team, but all decent. Was surprised about Vacansoleil being above Rabo, but well, Flecha Wink
@cancellara You have to realise that the best 2/3 riders are very important in the star system... Well... Degenkolb & Kittel Grin
Edited by Jesleyh on 02-01-2013 21:40
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Alakagom
I find the stars random at times. It's very dimensional, and shouldn't really be taken much into account. Leaders matter too much in the system and less the overall depth sometimes.
Edited by Alakagom on 02-01-2013 21:41

valverde321
I think we all know the make or break with the stats though, is if a certain american has high enough stats Pfft

Squire
I think Thor Hushovd is totally underrated. I mean, come on, the man has won a MOUNTAIN STAGE in the TOUR DE FRANCE, where he beat Moncoutie, who was best climber in the Vuelta for four years in a row. I think 78 MO would be appropriate, maybe even 79. He beat riders like Hesjedal (Giro winner) and Van Garderen in the 2011 Tour mountain classification. And if that's not proof enough, how about Hushovd coming 6th on the Mur de Bretagne in the Tour, which is called the Alpe d'Huez of Bretagne. Come on, he beat Wiggins and Schleck on what is essentially the ALPE D'HUEZ! And in this DB he only has a mountain stat like an average London commuter. How can you all not see this travesty?
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2010/11_Teamstory.png

fickman
Squire wrote:
I think Thor Hushovd is totally underrated. I mean, come on, the man has won a MOUNTAIN STAGE in the TOUR DE FRANCE, where he beat Moncoutie, who was best climber in the Vuelta for four years in a row. I think 78 MO would be appropriate, maybe even 79. He beat riders like Hesjedal (Giro winner) and Van Garderen in the 2011 Tour mountain classification. And if that's not proof enough, how about Hushovd coming 6th on the Mur de Bretagne in the Tour, which is called the Alpe d'Huez of Bretagne. Come on, he beat Wiggins and Schleck on what is essentially the ALPE D'HUEZ! And in this DB he only has a mountain stat like an average London commuter. How can you all not see this travesty?

I thing u should take off ur fanglasses. HUSHOVD is 34 won 0 stages last Year, his best result was 5 in stage 7 at Paris - Nice, he was 737 in the CQ Ranking 2012 with 76 ponits while riders like Wiggins (2 with 2687), Hesjedal (19 with 1138) or Van Garderen (24 with 1062) were much better. No offense dude but u live in the past.

kevtucks
i think hes joking haha.. i would hope he is anyway Wink

Jesleyh
I also hope that he's joking... Wink
79MO is ridiculous, and the mountain classification part is of course nonsense, you shouldn't look at that... Frown
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

cunego59
I'm pretty sure he's joking, probably mocking the Norwegian hysteria that comes up here every now and then Wink I mean, not even Bushwackers demands 78 mountain for Pate Pfft

lluuiiggii
https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=14327 Pfft

haasje33
You have to take notice of the fact that in the cases Pate, Hushovd and many others the form plays a huge part in their wins and podiums.

It is impossible to create stats that everybody agrees with, so if you don't agree with the stats my proposal will be that you edit it yourself, instead of arguing constantly at this topic.
Inactive due to personal reasons.

Endast
I think we have to overvalue the best riders in all ride (mountain, sprints). This was the technical for good mountain's stages

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Popovych Leader in the Tour Down Under
Popovych Leader in the Tour Down Under