· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
Ian Butler
78 Sprinting for Boonen sounds about right. But imo He should be just 1 stat lower in Cobbles than Cancellara. Cancellara is a bit stronger on the cobbles, but Boonen has the advantage of his powerful sprint. I don't know what Boonen's stamina is but he has one of the best stamina in the peleton, imo. Just look at his sprint after a race of almost 300km, he'll almost always win that one.

kumazan
I don't think Cancellara is better than Boonen in the cobbles. If anything, he's stronger in the flat, in general, cobbles or not, so the difference between them has to be in the flat stat and the secondary stats (stamina, resistance).

Ian Butler
kumazan wrote:
I don't think Cancellara is better than Boonen in the cobbles. If anything, he's stronger in the flat, in general, cobbles or not, so the difference between them has to be in the flat stat and the secondary stats (stamina, resistance).

I stand corrected.
Cancellare is indeed the best in the flat, but I think when it comes to stamina, Boonen tops most riders.
Does the flat stat have much influence when riding on cobbles?

lluuiiggii
Ian Butler wrote:
78 Sprinting for Boonen sounds about right. But imo He should be just 1 stat lower in Cobbles than Cancellara. Cancellara is a bit stronger on the cobbles, but Boonen has the advantage of his powerful sprint. I don't know what Boonen's stamina is but he has one of the best stamina in the peleton, imo. Just look at his sprint after a race of almost 300km, he'll almost always win that one.

Race of almost 300 km = MSR? In the game it's the only one anywhere near it (next is worlds at 265 kms, then the monuments at 254-258). Don't think he's almost always won it lately.

And no, I don't think flat has much influence on cobbles.

Ian Butler
lluuiiggii wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

Race of almost 300 km = MSR? In the game it's the only one anywhere near it (next is worlds at 265 kms, then the monuments at 254-258). Don't think he's almost always won it lately.

And no, I don't think flat has much influence on cobbles.

I was just talking hypothetically, not a real race, and with 300km I just meant a long race Smile Excuse me for not being clearer. I was trying to make the point that Boonen gets better the longer the race, compared to other racers.

lluuiiggii
While I meant that in the longest race of them all, where if Boonen has such good stamina he should do very well, he hasn't done so good.

Ian Butler
lluuiiggii wrote:
While I meant that in the longest race of them all, where if Boonen has such good stamina he should do very well, he hasn't done so good.

Yes, I know. But that's because there aren't many cobblestones. And also, Boonen is human, and no matter how good a human can be at something, you can't always be on top of it.

I'm merely saying Boonen's one of the best sprinters after a hard, tiring and long race, but not the fastest in a pure, normal mass sprint. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 20:22
Bot Agent

IP: None  
lluuiiggii
There are actually 0 cobblestones, like most races. You didn't say "he has the best stamina on cobbled races". And with the couple of hills in the end, MSR is harder than a pure sprint stage (ignoring the length of them both). But I agree that, being a classics rider, Boonen has an advantage on most others on the longer races. And btw, Boonen is already the best STA rider in the DB with Cancellara at 82 (not in PB, but in final V2).

Ian Butler
Oh, okay, I didn't know that, I'm still with the database from Cyanide.
I guess you know more about it than I, I'm probably mistaken, then. Though I do not doubt Boonen's talents as a sprinter.

I actually meant there aren't many races with cobblestones compared to other sprintstages. If you're only good at cobbles, your season will be quite short, imo.

fickman
Carlos Betancur from Acqua & Sapone deserves better stats, 1+ Hill and Acc:

1. Trofeo Melinda
1. Stage 5. Tour of Belgium
2. Stage 2. Giro del Trentino
2. Stage 4. Giro del Trentino
2. GC. Giro di Toscana
2. Stage 4. 4 Jours de Dunkerque
4. GC Giro del Trentino
4. GC 4 Jours de Dunkerque

Ian Butler
fickman wrote:
Carlos Betancur from Acqua & Sapone deserves better stats, 1+ Hill and Acc:

1. Trofeo Melinda
1. Stage 5. Tour of Belgium
2. Stage 2. Giro del Trentino
2. Stage 4. Giro del Trentino
2. GC. Giro di Toscana
2. Stage 4. 4 Jours de Dunkerque
4. GC Giro del Trentino
4. GC 4 Jours de Dunkerque

Couldn't agree more!

issoisso
Don't think this has been mentioned before:
The acceleration stat has quite an impact on how well you climb, as it gives a bonus to it after a certain % of incline.

This makes some guys climb way better or worse than they should. Sánchez and Cunego are the most easy to notice. Please take that into account.
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Squire
Really? Can the game make the Rodriguezes better than the Wigginses on steep gradients? I'm impressed.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2010/11_Teamstory.png

issoisso
Squire wrote:
Really? Can the game make the Rodriguezes better than the Wigginses on steep gradients? I'm impressed.

Yep. It's been in since 2007 or 2008 or so. It's not a huge effect, but it can make quite a difference between contenders. Especially as the effect is on any climber over 5%...which is basically any actual mountain.

Meanwhile, a high TT stat will give the same bonus, but in climbs under 5%. So....meh.
Edited by issoisso on 08-06-2012 19:45
The preceding post is ISSO 9001 certified

i.imgur.com/YWVAnoO.jpg

"I love him, I think he's great. He's transformed the sport in so many ways. Every person in cycling has benefitted from Lance Armstrong, perhaps not financially but in some sense" - Bradley Wiggins on Lance Armstrong

Ian Butler
Huh, didn't know that, about the acc and TT.

fcancellara
This one is quite obvious, but 75/76 TT for Kelderman?
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
AiZaK
This SAGAN is amazing!!

How many SPRINT its well for him??? 81/82???

Alakagom
Who did he beat ? Swift ? Albasini ? Haussler ?

Few are 77 Sprinters and some aren't even true sprintersWink He'll prove his sprinting at Tour and then we'll see.

Although if there was sprinting consistency stat, well he'd be pretty much one of the best there.
Edited by Alakagom on 14-06-2012 16:16
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Pellizotti2
Then he'll start to beat the absolute top sprinters like Cavendish and Greipel, which he so far hasn't done. In Switzerland his main rivals are riders like Rojas, Swift and Davis. Not exactly supersprinters.

We can't judge Sagan until we've seen him against Cavendish and Greipel in the Tour. If he beats them, then I'd say he deserves 80+. At the moment, I still think it's a bit high.

EDIT: Zabel'd Pfft
Edited by Pellizotti2 on 14-06-2012 16:18
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Avin Wargunnson
I agree his stats are okay as they are, too bad there is not a stat to reflect that he can win all year without much race preparation. Smile
I'll be back

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
The pack preparing for a mass sprint finish