· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
purepasd
tellico wrote:
Just for sure...: equipment stars still has no effect on riding?

Nope

MacC
started playing the game today and its great!

Had one crash and havent got too deep into it but gameplay is really cool and the graphics are exceptional

baseballlover312
I was wondering. Cyanide bragged about a new placement feature. However, I've watched many commentaries and seen many screens, and I don't see it. Anybody seen/used it?
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:32
Bot Agent

IP: None  
lluuiiggii
baseballlover312 wrote:
I was wondering. Cyanide bragged about a new placement feature. However, I've watched many commentaries and seen many screens, and I don't see it. Anybody seen/used it?

Some brief info about it:
https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_539374

You order it by, having selected the rider you want, right clicking on another rider and clicking the icon which looks like a circle.

Vinofan
Am I the only one that finds it anoying that when you go hard in the mountains with your team there is allways a couple of bad climbers in between your "train" and the other good climbers so when they tire out the other riders stop with them? It makes everything look really stupid when your climbers just climb away for like 20 sec before the other riders start chasing you...

wopstick87
I just have to gripe about this again. The profile view for the in-game interface!!!! It has improved in the new patch 1.2. But seriously a giant map in the middle of the screen that disappears after you release the mouse. There is plenty of room where the 2011 map was located in the top right corner. Who wants a giant map in the middle of the screen? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

hazzy
I don't know why but i'm loving almost everything in the game. Armada mode, the new inteface in-race or in the menus. I think it's awesome, personally.

R_Funk
Vinofan wrote:
Am I the only one that finds it anoying that when you go hard in the mountains with your team there is allways a couple of bad climbers in between your "train" and the other good climbers so when they tire out the other riders stop with them? It makes everything look really stupid when your climbers just climb away for like 20 sec before the other riders start chasing you...

I think it depends on which difficulty you are playing. try one harder?

Avin Wargunnson
hazzy wrote:
I don't know why but i'm loving almost everything in the game. Armada mode, the new inteface in-race or in the menus. I think it's awesome, personally.

What do you like on the menus interface? There is 90% of empty space and actual information are so small that it is barely visible Rolling Eyes
I'll be back

R_Funk
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
hazzy wrote:

What do you like on the menus interface? There is 90% of empty space and actual information are so small that it is barely visible Rolling Eyes

less is more Wink

Maximka
Aweful rider model and texturizing! ARGGHHHH!!!!
Missing my old PCM09 Sad
Jerseymaker from Russia
img15.hostingpics.net/pics/713935winner1.png

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/9367052post.png

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/963628winner2.png

mbelashov.ru
Avin Wargunnson
R_Funk wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
hazzy wrote:

less is more Wink

It depends on personal liking, for me it is almost unreadable at 1680x1050 resolution on my TV, i need to sit centimetres in front of it Frown
I'll be back

alex valceanu
Well i personally like it Wink

cunego59
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
R_Funk wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
hazzy wrote:

less is more Wink

It depends on personal liking, for me it is almost unreadable at 1680x1050 resolution on my TV, i need to sit centimetres in front of it Frown

You know, there's a simple solution for that: Don't play it on your TV Pfft Seriously, you can't blame Cyanide for that, the interface is well-structured on smaller resolutions Wink

Teddy The Creator
Maximka wrote:
Missing my old PCM09 Sad

+1 PCM09/10 rider models were the bomb. New ones suck..

Avin Wargunnson
cunego59 wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
R_Funk wrote:
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
hazzy wrote:

less is more Wink

You know, there's a simple solution for that: Don't play it on your TV Pfft Seriously, you can't blame Cyanide for that, the interface is well-structured on smaller resolutions Wink

True, still i believe there is too much empty space even on the lower resolutions. And if you would see how amazing the game looks while playing on TV Smile
I'll be back

lluuiiggii
Teddy The Creator wrote:
Maximka wrote:
Missing my old PCM09 Sad

I disagree. The new rider model is much more realistic, muscles/veins/face look graphically much better. New equipment that came with it is of higher quality, rider model is solid and we can notice height/weight changes (while everybody was quite similar and looking like Cancellara in earlier games). The onus for it is the modified jersey style, which is hard to make jerseys, but since the "elite" of shirtmakers can make the real jerseys look perfect in the game, I'm fine with that Smile

Teddy The Creator
lluuiiggii wrote:
Teddy The Creator wrote:
Maximka wrote:
Missing my old PCM09 Sad

I disagree. The new rider model is much more realistic, muscles/veins/face look graphically much better. New equipment that came with it is of higher quality, rider model is solid and we can notice height/weight changes (while everybody was quite similar and looking like Cancellara in earlier games). The onus for it is the modified jersey style, which is hard to make jerseys, but since the "elite" of shirtmakers can make the real jerseys look perfect in the game, I'm fine with that Smile

I understand all the detail, and the equipment is better for sure, but the rider models for me look really nice in '10 especially. I dunno, just think it looks nicer.

lluuiiggii
After getting a bit used to the new rider model, the old looks so fool Pfft This screens sums it up for me Pfft
https://pcmdaily.com/photogallery.php?...to_id=2679
https://pcmdaily.com/photogallery.php?...to_id=3131

Vinofan
R_Funk wrote:
Vinofan wrote:

I think it depends on which difficulty you are playing. try one harder?

I found some of the problem. This usually just happens when I am playing single stages, thanks anyways Wink

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
TITAN05 # 4
TITAN05 # 4