· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,280
· Newest Member: mecouponcodes
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Tasmania - Discussions
roturn
Not ideal really to see that outcome. Still looking decent for a top5 and maybe even Vansevenant can reduce his loss. But when Schelling and Phinney had been around the top spots for most of the day, Phinney should have stayed up there as well when Vansevenant higheres the pace. Then gaps would have been more realistic I guess.

In the end not good to see like 100 riders in s.t. anyway on such hilly stage. But the chances for "pure" TT riders had been known here. Even more unfortunate that Salas was placed behind the split twice now.

Other than that, it was nice to see Vansevenant really having the power, not only pulling from the field but then also keeping up till the end and without Areruya could have won it. Holding on to 2nd gives nice bonus points here and while being placed too far behind, Phinney also showed to still got the legs for the finish.

Congrats Jandal for the win and thanks for the report.

Luis Leon Sanchez
Not a great opening stage would be an understatement with Jakobsen 15th and Shikai and Cosnefroy dropped but good to see both Conci and Castrillo on the man time with the Leaders going into the TT which should give us two solid GC performances. Obviously our main hope is with Conci!

Thanks for the reports so far and congrats to the 2 stage winners Wink

Nemolito
Great way to start the season. After the flat stage disaster in stage 1, this time the team didn't care about the only remaining GC leader and Zmorka is one of the few riders who got dropped on this stage. PCM masterclass Cool

Nice to see Areruya is still great and takes the win for jandal, and Higuita in fourth does give some hope that we'll see more of him this season.

Thanks for the report, sean Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 16-10-2024 09:48
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Fabianski
It's rather positive that we were able to limit the damages on S2. As expected, Rekita didn't make the cut, but Bissegger did. I haven't checked all the remaining TT opposition up front, but I guess a Top 20 should be safe for him now, plus probably Top 30 for Küng. A shame that Brunel got caught out on that random S1 split, flat stages sometimes really suck with this PCM version (although he was obviously not the main victim).
We also have Setiawa up front, who should get a Top 50, plus Errazkin who should at least overtake most of the sprinters in the TT. Speaking of, Bol could also hold his own and get us some more depth points.

On the other hand, I hope what Darbellay's doing here (or not doing, rather) isn't a foreshadowing on upcoming races, otherwise his training would be a huge waste...

Up front it's obviously a race between the top TTers now (bar Zmorka, who arguably should've made the split as well if Ben Thomas did so), S2 might indeed need some modifications - we have a bigger group on s.t. than in S1, which is pretty weird given the respective profiles.
Regardless of that, congrats to jandal, Areruya seems to be unbeatable even in PT... My fellow promoting teams definitely off to a great start, apart from Oxxo, who really haven't been lucky in this race Sad

Thanks for the report!

SotD
Too bad a race like this doesn’t have any sort of time gaps on a hilly Stage. Now it’s just a TT-race.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

tastasol
Agree that it's bad that it's no gaps, even though I guess it was a fairly big group. For our sake, it's of course good news. Hopefully Wurtz can manage a podium now, which would be a great start to the season.

redordead
Hard to see this race getting much worse, but I guess there is one stage left.

Thanks for the reports.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

baseballlover312
Nice to see two guys in the break for us I suppose, though unfortunately they didn't make any impact on the mountain standings, so it ends up not showing up in the scoresheet. Time to ride it in tomorrow and move onto the next race.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Bushwackers
Areruya is your problem now PT :lol:

Croatia14
The king is down Sad
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Ulrich Ulriksen
Congrats to Beagle on a surprise win.

We made the climbing stage on Ukraine harder this year, will be interested to see what people think of the balance there, we could do something similar in this race. Also it might be a candidate for the alternative sprint bonuses to put a little more weight on that stage. Since the sprinters will get killed in the TT it doesn't help them too much.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

ember
Thank you for the report and race, seancoll Smile

That's a big surprise. Especially as those TTs and prologues seemed pretty straightforward last season. Congratulations on the win, beagle.

Obviously a disappointing outing by Wirtgen, but even more by Phinney. Cool to see both Leknessund and Evenepoel inside the top 10, amazing starts for their seasons.

whitejersey
Damn crazy win for Mullen Shock

Booker
So cool to see Ryan Mullen still doing well at the top level, after a couple of seasons in his younger years with Kulczyk. Congrats on the win beagle and nice reporting, sean!

ryant
Mullen winning is a surprise to say the least! Probably us getting two riders in the top 10 also is a surprise but given how stage 1 ended up I feel I'm owed that. Pfft

The hill stage being non-existent is a problem really but thats how the AI works out I guess with their being a TT on the back end being "viewed" as the deciding stage when it wasn't in games previous.

Also dont want to moan too hard as I know it was kinda expected that leadouts just suck completely but I thought we all agreed that these wide drag strip finishes would be phased out? Just so that the no 1 sprinter doesn't always finish outside the top 10.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Fabianski
Shock
Pretty big surprise there! As ember mentioned, we're not really used to see such results anymore with the RDC limitation to +/- 2. But I guess it still has a slight impact.
However, I suspect that it was more the weather conditions that had a major influence here. I guess they changed pretty significantly throughout the race, and with the favourites being spread out from 60th to 10th position there's a lot that can happen. It's still surprising to see Mullen overcome that 3 points difference - congrats to beagle on a great start to the season!

Congrats also to Oxxo, that's 3 promoting teams winning the first 3 stages of the year (and the 4th one getting a 2nd place). Would've been great to keep up with you guys Pfft

Still, I'll definitely not complain about our result here. Küng has been fantastic, taking 13th place on GC (in what admittedly was a pretty much perfect race setup for him). Bissegger taking 16th is fine and pretty unexpected pre-race. We have Odie in 29th for a great start as well, and Errazkin and Bol both hanging onto a Top 50, too. Brunel and Darbellay obviously the losers, but other teams were far, far worse off.
And Rekita taking our first stage Top 10 of the year is cool to see as well - no regrets for the GC, as he was never expected to be up there anyway.

Thanks for the reports, and congrats to all who did well.

@UU, yeah, looking forward to see whether that really makes a difference. However, not sure whether Tasmania should be made a lot harder, as I don't think the pure TTers have too many shots at a GC result anyway.

SportingNonsense
Well, 2nd in a PT stage race may be tough to top for the entire season, but hard to be happy when it's a defeat from Ryan Mullen of all opposition. Slightly alarming to see Phinney so far down as well, greater variances in results by ability than I would have anticipated.

Tough for depth scoring that so many of the team were hit by the random losses on Stage 1. At least Firdaus picked up some U25 level, and was amusing to see the Wirtgen brothers finish together on Stage 1.

On race design, do we have the option to be more aggressive on the time gap settings for Stage 2? That sort of thing could split the result gaps up more, without altering the stage design itself.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/9357923136_f1e68270f3_n.jpg

Ulrich Ulriksen
SportingNonsense wrote:

On race design, do we have the option to be more aggressive on the time gap settings for Stage 2? That sort of thing could split the result gaps up more, without altering the stage design itself.

Will look at that, my memory of testing this in PCM 22 in the past is it doesn't do much. But maybe if we went to like 2 or 3 seconds.

ryant wrote:

Also don't want to moan too hard as I know it was kinda expected that leadouts just suck completely but I thought we all agreed that these wide drag strip finishes would be phased out? Just so that the no 1 sprinter doesn't always finish outside the top 10.

We committed to getting rid of them in the sprint GC races. But we don't have the time to go every races to find and fix them all. But now everyone is in tune with this if people note them this season and want to shoot me a PM I will at least have a good list to work from. Looks like a full review of Tasmania would make sense.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

DubbelDekker
Very happy with Leknessund finishing 6th in GC and winning the YC. That's a decent point haul in this field. Especially after the hilly stage failed to deliver gaps.

Grats beagle!
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

jph27
Well that was a very random TT! 20th isn't terrible but looks like Thomas had a bad day, and with Fernandes and Craddock being dropped on Stage 1 our depth scoring suffered even with vdP and Bettiol doing better than expected.

Thanks for the reports and congrats beagle!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
On request: Lotto Belisol
On request: Lotto Belisol