· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour of Slovenia - Discussion
Fabianski
Wtf was that... Really can make no sense at all out of us finishing behind Los Pollos in that stage. I mean, being 6th best team in the pecking order and finishing 8th is just our current string of bad luck, but finishing behind the 18th strongest team is something I haven't seen all season long... Well, guess they just all had a +5 day which shouldn't exist anymore ^^
And it's obviously too much time lost compared to the top teams; I mean, we were basically as strong as Tinkoff, but end up 20" slower. Which makes our GC hopes, that were already slim after the awful stage 1, even smaller. Looks to be like another bad race for us, MG really is not much fun these last couple of weeks.

Congrats to EA on another TTT win, still got something to learn from you guys ^^

Eden95
Another fucking awful TTT.
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Luis Leon Sanchez
Solid performance from Conci for 7th on Stage 3 but a little disappointed Mas couldn't battle for the stage win there. Need tomorrow to be a bit more selective for us to have a chance of a strong GC as I'm not sure how many spots we can gain on the final stage.

ember
Argh. That looked to be perfect by Mohoric and the team early in the sprint, when he opened the gap. But then he exploded and nothing from it. That was a very big opportunity missed Sad Not his season, it seems, as he’s lacking both wins and top placings. This was the perfect opportunity to turn it around, but not meant to be Sad

Gabburo I guess did well positioning Mohoric, but seeing how long his sprint was, it would have been perfect if he could have led out Mohoric early in the sprint. Not how the AI works on such hilly finishes, which we knew pre stage.

ryant
Some average stages to begin here... Sadly our TTT unit is not like it has been in the past and we have to settle for a middle of the pack placing, really disappointing I have to say as we will now have to get a really good placing in the last stage to get anything out of this race as I doubt there will be a lot of gaps stage 4 unfortunately for us.

Wirtgen in pole position to win this race, no real surprises there at all - it must have been the education he got at cycleYorkshire Wink
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Nemolito
Juri again in the attack, what a beast. Nice to see him and Nareklishvili try something, even though they got absolutely nothing out of it Pfft Hopefully an active manager wins one of the coming stages. Thanks again for a very nice report, Abhishek!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Marcovdw
Cattaneo survives the first one, will he survive the second one?

In fact, the entire team finished in the front group on this one, which makes the time loss for Dennis and Bjerg on stage one hurt more.
Manager of Minions

Fabianski
Guess that was a pretty decent stage for us. Would obviously have preferred Masnada or Errazkin taking the win or at least a podium, but that 5th place is at least a sign of life after a pretty long period of drought in terms of stage results. What's not great for us is that there weren't any gaps after the Top 40 or so Pfft

Echoing Marco, the stage 1 timeloss is even more stupid now with most riders finishing up front. Sad to see the two Poles - Rekita and Marchewka - completely falling off the pace, but I can't really complain given their skills. Worse riders did make the split, though...

Now hoping either for a big breakaway attempt by Masnada, Darbellay and/or Errazkin and a potential KoM challenge - or for the whole team contributing to the pacemaking once again and hopefully dropping many of the current GC Top 20...

Congrats to ISA, thanks for the report.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:16
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ulrich Ulriksen
Takes some effort for the entire team to miss a 100 rider front group. Nobody good enough to get any positioning respect. Nice to see Hoehn in the break, maybe Warbasse could rouse himself on the other hilly stage to do something interesting.
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

baseballlover312
Zero pointer incoming. Kamna was never gonna have positioning priority, but missing the split behind 103 riders is about as bad as it can get.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

ivaneurope
Well, Triple P once again came up a little bit short on a stage win - with the prospect of relegation, every point matters for us though
i.imgur.com/rrQH4R2.png
i.imgur.com/KoxIGiG.png

redordead
Nothing special from my guys here, but let's wait to see where we stand after the final stage. Unless things go very wrong, we should at least hit the lower end of our point expectations.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
Two more points in the bag! Nice breakaway attempt by our level three Mexican, who clearly got the right training at Sony (well, Philips) last season. Very unlikely for us to get someone in the top-100 in GC I assume, but maybe Sütterlin is able to finish top-8 on the day and give us an extra point or two tomorrow. Won't be easy for sure.

Thanks for the great report, Abhishek!
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

Fabianski
Unfortunately just one positive thing next to plenty of bad ones...
Masnada's 4th place on the day is cool, good job. Podium would've been awesome, but 5th and 4th is a good outcome and makes sending him here worth it. Furthermore, he should end up 4th or 5th in the points standings - supposing a Würtz-Wirtgen 1-2 on stage 5 - probably addign some more points.

But: What was that team strategy once again??? Masnada (and Errazkin, and Darbellay) randomly losing time on stage 1 turns out to be really bad now, as Masnada could actually be 4th in GC now... As it is, I have to hope he'll finish inside the Top 50, which isn't a given yet.
And we absolutely had to protect Küng and Brunel on this stage - but failed to do so. Küng should easily have been on par with Paillot, or even with Würtz or Ganna. He'd have had a good shot at the Top 10 - now not even a Top 20 is a sure thing.
Similar for Brunel, who would just have needed to stay with Küng to have a good shot at the white jersey - now he'll miss out on any U25 points, which is awful.

In short, another stage where we threw dozens of points out of the window. Really not going well for us, potentially not even hitting the lower end of our expectations...

Congrats to Polar, looks like sending Bernal wasn't a bad decision after all. Likely going to be a close fight vs. Ganna for 3rd.

Luis Leon Sanchez
Solid performance from Mas for 3rd but would have preferred he try keep Conci in the lead group but maybe that wasn't possible. Unfortunately he's going to drop badly in the final stage while Conci will likely battle to make it into the Top 10 given some of those around him. Fingers crossed though!

tastasol
Great ride by Würtz! Of course some seconds in the end that might be hard to catch up, but certainly better than expected. Now let's what he has left in the legs for the ITT. A podium certainly seems possible now in GC, so fingers crossed for another good day.

Good win for Bernal, congrats!

Eden95
Nice to see Dunbar trying to salvage something here after that horrible TTT. A minute is probably asking far too much of him on a great day, so going he can ride himself into the top-5 tomorrow which should be possible if his legs are good.

Congrats beagle, Polar going from strength to strength this season. Wurtz race to lose after such a small time loss. Thank you for the report!
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

Sykkel_Freak
Good effort by Paillot and definitely within reach of a top 10 here. A 7th looks achieveable if he has a good day tomorrow.

baseballlover312
Any sort of GC placing is obviously well out of the question after missing the 100 rider peloton yesterday, but Petrovski at least ended up being rewarded for his aggression with the KOM jersey. It's not much, but it'll be better than nothing, which is what we were otherwise getting from this race.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

ember
Oooh, so close by Conti! Loved the effort and the try, and must admit I thought he looked good with 1 kilometer left, especially as I thought it was a "weak" kicker to the line, having only skimmed the profile before starting to read the report. It's the hope that kills you, they say... Pfft

Very happy with his stage effort, though, and nice to see him go 2nd in the KoM standings as a reward. Wirtgen surely still the favourite for the overall GC here, but what a hilly stage result that was by Würtz! Definitely giving Grieg a lifeline regarding the avoid the relegation battle.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Pencilized
Pencilized