Booker

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
lluuiiggii
Well, it wouldn't make much sense to add files like that, which are much bigger than the face files, only for faces, so let's hope it's useful then Smile

valverde321
Can I/should I, make a Patch Fix Request? Or Bug Report thread?

The time gaps are crazy. It said I was 2:34 down to E1 at the foot of a 5km climb. I attacked and started making up ground, when I crossed the line 8 minutes had passed.

Also I think the counter that goes after the winner of the stage, adds an extra minute. I remember seeing Szmyd come in at 6:45, but the results page had him at 5:45.

baseballlover312
Why would they mess with the clock. How does Cya manage to place so many bugs. You have to try to do this.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

T-Photon
I find it kindy funny that Cyanide decided to avoid a full beta phase for the beta testers for the first time in PCM history this year.

Look how that turned out - now the game is even more buggy :lol:

Follow our development team:
https://darkshiftstudios.com/
https://forum.darkshiftstudios.com/

-
wopstick87
I like the profile screen for each race. Gives it a real TDF feel. but in game it really needs to be like PCM11 where the different gradients are colour coded so that you know when to attack or when to survive. Also the profile really does need a zoom option in game.

ruben
T-Photon wrote:
I find it kindy funny that Cyanide decided to avoid a full beta phase for the beta testers for the first time in PCM history this year.

Look how that turned out - now the game is even more buggy :lol:

Hmm. But in all honoustly from what I remember when I was translator (cym3) and later (last year) tester I can remember a lot of testers didn't pull their weight anyway.

It's easy to say I want to be a tester but a good tester is hard to find. As a programmer myself I can actually relate to cyanide for that...

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
I dont know if this is a bug, but I set a bunch of my riders to sit at the front for the whole day. Well I guess the sprinters moved to the front to take the 20point sprint at the Tour and by the time we got to the climb all the sprinters dropped off from the front, and all my riders just went with them. Frown
Arroyo, Gutierrez, Cobo and Plaza all off the back.

Also Valverde dropped off the back of the lead group for no apparent reason and so I put him on 90 INDV. Effort and he still lost ground on the climb Rolling Eyes

Kinda frustrated.
Edited by valverde321 on 23-06-2012 04:08

Teddy The Creator
valverde321 wrote:
I dont know if this is a bug, but I set a bunch of my riders to sit at the front for the whole day. Well I guess the sprinters moved to the front to take the 20point sprint at the Tour and by the time we got to the climb all the sprinters dropped off from the front, and all my riders just went with them. Frown
Arroyo, Gutierrez, Cobo and Plaza all off the back.

Also Valverde dropped off the back of the lead group for no apparent reason and so I put him on 90 INDV. Effort and he still lost ground on the climb Rolling Eyes

Kinda frustrated.

I think that will be related to the major bug that every rider's stats are identical. Happened to me too on Vuelta Murcia, my only rider left on top was Ignatas Konovalovas, the worst climber I brought. David Boily ended up winning the stage, despite it being a huge pair of climbs and his MO stat being only 64.

lluuiiggii
So does the bug apply only to careers or single play as well? Anyway if it'll (or already is?) fixed there isn't much to worry about Wink

Btw, just seen this: Team Eddy Cannibale - Outland. I was wondering if someone is not interested in releasing a proper fake name DB Pfft:lol:

Edit: btw, how does the 'fake' stages appear in game? If I got it right, the stage name is now set within the stage files, not in the DB, and if Cyanide says that they haven't done stages for all races, do you see a stage called f.e. Bagnères-de-Luchon – Peyragudes in the Czech Tour?
Edited by lluuiiggii on 23-06-2012 06:47

Ian Butler
I don't seem to have to buy of identical stats. I just won a hilly stage with Vanendert, Vinokourov came in second, the sprinters last.

I love that the peloton gets ripped to pieces in this game.

andrelicious
Ian Butler wrote:
I don't seem to have to buy of identical stats. I just won a hilly stage with Vanendert, Vinokourov came in second, the sprinters last.

What DB are you playing with?

Ian Butler
andrelicious wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

What DB are you playing with?

PCM Benelux Realname DB

Though I have to admit I upped Vanendert's hill stat to 80, but still, he was clearly stronger than Greipel that day, on the hills!

andrelicious
Hum I'm sure the weird results will come in time Pfft I didn't notice any VERY unrealistic results before the Giro.

Top 5 in my game:

1. De Gendt with 79 MO
2. Anthony Roux with 61 MO
3. A. Vichot with 65 MO
4. R. Sicard with 70 MO
5. M. Henshaw with 58 MO

Grin

Ian Butler
Woops Grin
Then I hope the patch is released before the Giro.

Though in the sprints I also get some realistic results.
And on the cobbles as well:
The breakaway contained 8 man, 6 with cobbles above 65 and two at about 55. The two were the first ones to drop on cobblestones.

andrelicious
Well I really do hope it comes soon, won't play my TDF before it's fixed, and I'm almost there! Sad

Hum some of my sprint results were realistic, but some of them were just like WTF (Some totally random sprinter with 72 in sprint beating sprinters with 80+ - That could happen in reallife ofc, but it happens way too often)

Ian Butler
Yeah, I know what you mean now. I've played a little longer (I'm at Paris-Nice now)
And in TTs it's quite random, too.
Sure, Cancellara won, but the second and the third were like 70 PRL, while Wiggins lost 2 minutes, but it was only 10km!!

Ian Butler
Though the AI has improved lots, in hilly stages there are attacks from far out! That's great!

jt1109
Got to say the game is working really well as in the way the race is playing out very realistic at the moment, now they just need to get the stats sorted in career mode so every rider doesn't play like they all have the same stats! haha
Edited by jt1109 on 23-06-2012 11:44

R_Funk
On hard mode, i think its quite easy to win the sprints.
The sprint train functions are working very well, but it seems like the AI can't keep up with you.

PCM rulezz
the breakaways are better in this game. I have never seen a breakaway that has more than 6-7 riders. Everytime there are more the peloton chases them down.
I've just played the first 2 stages of the Tour and there were no strange result. In the stage to liege the peloton break in 2 pieces after a hard pace in the peloton and the first group sprinted for the victory. Voeckler and Vino were the strongest. Quite realistic if there is no Gilbert or Rodriquez. There were even time gaps.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.

It's difficult not to be happy when you're surrounded by Belgians. - Mark Cavendish

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Massive Carnage 1
Massive Carnage 1