Ezeefreak

· Total Members: 161,014
· Newest Member: Shanesuesy
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
SotD
Some weird decisionmaking for our team, and the Team GC has been thrown into the bin on a single stage...

Time to make some more clever attacks please.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

SotD
Annoying to see our riders not attack on these stages. Now we are in a bad position where Chiarello is 11th with a lot of time up to top 10, and thus maybe he'll just be strolling around doing nothing, while Giannoutsos isn't going for a stage like this either. Lafay and Militiadis doesn't try and thus their KOM points are now worthless, and our Team GC aspirations are also gone.

We really need to throw everything out there in order to have some stage succes. We won't score big in the GC.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Nemolito
Munoz not even trying to be in the breakaway once again, still finishing at 20 minutes. Inexplicable to me.

Great win for Isostar, some bad luck for Cedevita. Thanks for the great report again, cunego Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

jandal7
Haha enjoyed Pidcock's downhill adventure showing off his skills for a bit. One of those fun TDF TV moments Pfft And a big jump for him in the GC to 55th!
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

roturn
Not the best stage.

Wellens slowly slipping down to the spots, that don`t give a lot of GC points. Plus no stage results due to the team not being active enough.

Let`s hope the 3rd week can turn this around a bit. Wellens back closer to the podium and top5 and Goos a bit more aggressive.

Right now sitting in a dangerous position with riders just 4-5 min behind having a shot on breakaways.

redordead
Textbook example of how two riders don't know how to work together Rolling Eyes

Stupid race, but at least Herklotz didn't win again and if I have to lose let it be to Croatia at least Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

knockout
We dont manage to get into the important breaks like we used to do in the past and like we need to get something out of this race...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 07:45
Bot Agent

IP: None  
alexkr00
It's really starting to look like only Van Poppel will deliver something for us in this race.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Croatia14
We had so many struggles with Juan Chamorro this season, he maybe has been out most frustrating rider so far. But now he has proven his worth. What a rather strong ride in the mountains without a dom, you love to see it! And that could bode well for a potential KOM fight too. Thanks also to the Cedevita guys making it a fun and entertaining stage where they initially looked stronger.

On the other hand Hart lost all top10 hopes bar any breakaway success, but on a day like this I happily take that.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

cio93
Fair play to Chamorro and Latour, they were rightfully rewarded for their brave attacking nature today, congratulations!

Anyone else here who loved watching Pogacar and Vingegaard battle it out? Pfft

Tenorio was the most important favorite to put additional time into in the finale here with the TT coming up, as that day is where Herklotz will be the most vulnerable against any of his opposition.
Time to recover a bit!

ember
Beautiful report! Thank you for your massive work, cunego. I really enjoy reading the reports, and the graphics adds to it. Pure quality!

Good to see Foss and Amezawa be up the road again, eventhough a combination of tiredness and too much class and quality among their breakaway companions got the better of them. Very happy to see we are trying and getting involved in the breakaway action!

I also think this was a very good stage for our teams classification. If we get another big mountain stage with all three of our mountain breakaway hunters, we could maybe fight for a podium there, eventhough we’re several minutes behind now. The report was maybe so long that it got cut before that classification?

Congratulations on the win, Croatia!

cunego59
ember wrote:
I also think this was a very good stage for our teams classification. If we get another big mountain stage with all three of our mountain breakaway hunters, we could maybe fight for a podium there, eventhough we’re several minutes behind now. The report was maybe so long that it got cut before that classification?

Ah, I need to remember to check this for long mountain stages. Thanks for pointing it out, I added the missing classifications in a second post!

Once again, happy to see the nice comments on the reports, thanks everyone Smile

Imladrik
Thrilling reports indeed! It was a real pleasure to read them from a neutral point of view, thanks!

“...the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably."
A. Roy

OlegTinkov
Bad stage for Pavel Sivakov, I guess the multiple days in yellow is taking his toll. Somehow still 2nd, hoping for a solid 3rd week.

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
Gustavovskiy
Another magnific stage. Solid performance from Eastman this time. Great riding feom Latour definitely deserving the praise. Epic escapades as well, couldnt get more enterraining thst that.
Manager of Everesting

redordead
Is there a team classification for mountain points?? Rolling Eyes

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
Another annoying sprint stage finale. Nice report as always. Congratulations to Aker Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

hillis91
Arensman keeps the jersey for another couple of days, that's sweet Pfft Just a simple countdown to when he will loose it at this point. Outmatched by far the last couple of days.

Rojus with an impressive finish today, love to see it!
i.imgur.com/sqJ8APc.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/jerseydesigner.png
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/graphicartist.png

knockout
Thijssen with another strong sprint. He is definitely the highlight of our race so far Grin
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

cunego59
Another quick recap after the second week:

Stage Winner
i.imgur.com/SdXtMHw.png
i.imgur.com/yDeiaNH.png
i.imgur.com/1giQ34h.png
i.imgur.com/DYYXmJ2.png
1pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/yor.png Oliveirapcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
2pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Postlbergerpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
3pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/isa.png Harrisonpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Postlbergerpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/grm.png Larsen
4pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pol.png Latourpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/eav.png Girdlestone
5pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Tinkoffpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Uranpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
6pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/ela.png Miltiadispcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
7pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/kng.png Hsupcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
8pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
9pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/zpc.png Ackermannpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
10pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/dsc.png Yatespcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakovpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
11pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
12pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/lph.png Manninenpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
13pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/iso.png Chamorropcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov
14pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/akm.png Dainesepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/pum.png Herklotzpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/akm.png Dainesepcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/gct.png Arensmanpcmdaily.com/images/mg/2022/Micros/tti.png Sivakov

Some implications for the all-time stats: If Arensman keeps the jersey for three more days (certainly possible), he'll be second in the ranking for most days in the polka dot jersey. And if Herklotz remains in yellow until the end, he'll be just one day short of Pluchkin's all-time record for days in yellow.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Leopard Trek
Leopard Trek