· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,119
· Newest Member: Arisha4kn
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
Value of potential
cactus-jack
I'm wondering, what does potential acctually do for a rider? I've seen several young riders who are pretty equal to begin with and will end u with pretty equal stats, yet one has 6 in potential ad the other one has 8.

Does it influence how quickly they reach their potential? They guy with 8 might peak at 26-27, whilst the other one might not peak untill around 29-30?

misar82
yeah, there are several speeds of development (not sure how many and whether you can edit that) - which are generated randomly when you start the game. So you might star a career with a rider who develops very fast and reaches full potential at a relatively early age - and then play a different game and the same rider might take much longer to develop, and even not reach his full potential by the time he reaches his declining age
"Between me and Eddie Merkcx we have won all the classics. I won the Paris-Tours, he won all the rest"
Nöel Vantyghem

Lachi
the potential represents the maximal development. A rider with potential 8 will become a superstar in the future (Contator, Cancellara, Gilbert, Cavendish).
He should develop faster too but it mainly stands for the total of all stats of that rider.

rorzcp
Lachi wrote:
the potential represents the maximal development. A rider with potential 8 will become a superstar in the future (Contator, Cancellara, Gilbert, Cavendish).
He should develop faster too but it mainly stands for the total of all stats of that rider.

Conta doesnt have potential he has lots of steaks Wink

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 02:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Lachi
In the game he has potential of 8, no matter if you like him or not.

BTW:
1. Evans is too old to never have doped.
2. Please stay on topic, so please nobody start a Conta or Evans doping discussion in this thread.

tyriion
I think the speed of progression is regulated by the table gene_i_year_progression.
Check out my ManGame team here

Lachi
I am not sure about that column, but there are many factors, like the potential, the trainer, the evolution type and so on.

CrueTrue
Some of the columns concerning riders' progression are explained here: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ad_id=9534

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Roarioum
BTW:
1. Evans is too old to never have doped.
2. Please stay on topic, so please nobody start a Conta or Evans doping discussion in this thread.

haha, you make avery subjective observations about the dope issue, then u say we should not discuss it. :lol:

Since ure very helpful most of the time, we forgive you Wink
Edited by Roarioum on 20-09-2011 18:42

lluuiiggii
Lachi wrote:
In the game he has potential of 8, no matter if you like him or not. [Contador]

Just a question: isn't it quite unreal that Bertie has a potential of 8? That way in few seasons he got 85 in his main skills. Shouldn't he have a lower potential, in order not to improve (at least MO, TT, and such)?

ruben
Most important for the development and possible final stats for every potential are the youngridercarac files in your PCM 2011/Gameplay/Youngridercarac directory.

mat4404
Ruben, I was meaning to ask you this the other day. Does the youngridercarac file dictate the values of potential (e.g <minmax value="7" min="83" max="85"/>Wink for all riders, or just the young newly generated riders?

If so, I may need to completely re-jig these files, because I'm fed up of having riders with potential of 7 reaching 85 in Mountains (particularly Schleck and Contador).

Also, if this is the case, what is it that characterises a rider as with "Tour Rider" or "Climber" or "Puncheur"?
Edited by mat4404 on 12-10-2011 20:56

Lachi
Edit: Deleted wrong information, see post by ruben below.
Edited by Lachi on 13-10-2011 17:14

mat4404
Cheers. Where are the files which dictate the values of potential for 'real' riders?

CrueTrue
gene_i_potential in DYN_cyclist.

mat4404
Sorry crue, I mean the parameters which dictate possible attributes. E.g a climber with potential 7 means his mountain stat will peak between 79 and 83. A climber with potential 6 means his mountain stat will peak between 76 and 80 etc. Like the parameter values for young riders half way down the youngridercarac file.

Any ideas where this file is? Or if it even exists.....

CrueTrue
The potential value gives the rider some stars which represent his possibilities of progression. Each star equals a stat increase of 1-2: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_455232

How the stars are calculated depends on the potential value, age, current stats etc.. I'm pretty sure that this is hard coded and can't be changed.

mat4404
Ahhhhh. Shame, because I really wanted to lower the max stat of potentials 6 and 7. Because right now its frustrating seeing so many riders get over 80 in their main stat. Especially frustrating seeing contador and schleck always getting 85 in koumas despite only being potential 7.

Lachi
Edit: See post below.
Edited by Lachi on 13-10-2011 17:13

ruben
Lachi wrote:
It only applies to riders generated during your career.
It does not apply to riders like Schleck or Contador.

This is were you are wrong Lachi.
The potentialmax values apply to current riders.

Not the basecaracs ofcourse.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Attack on Mont Ventoux