· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
Ollfardh
The Conglomerate is going to have to step up to defend their thread of the year title!

Naturally I will follow the race with great interest now, to see if I'm right about everything.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

ember
Sensational preview, pure quality. Thank you a lot for putting in the work, Fabianski, but also to everyone who has contributed and helped out, especially Abhishek and bbl.

I’m hyped! This is the greatest MG race there is.

As said in the interview, we hope to challenge on several stages, having Kragh for the prologue, Dainese as a wildcard on the flat stages, and then most importantly Amezawa and Preidler to chase breakaway glory in the mountains. The latter is key for us to have successful Tour, I really hope we see them aggressive from early on!

redordead
knockout wrote:
redordead wrote:

Looks like I lost to Evonik for the worst TTT again Pfft

Gotta try harder if you wanna beat me for that Pfft

Need to have the right bunch of talents at a wildcard one year Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
Thanks for an amazing preview, cunego (and everyone). Definitely one of the top-5 best previews I've read this year. Looking forward to what my boys can perform in their final GT for at least a year probably, I hope Matti wins at least one stage so we can be forever remembered in MG history Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

DubbelDekker
This preview is a work of art
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

AbhishekLFC
ember wrote:
Sensational preview, pure quality. Thank you a lot for putting in the work, cunego

Sorry, had to correct that Smile

Fabianski
AbhishekLFC wrote:
ember wrote:
Sensational preview, pure quality. Thank you a lot for putting in the work, cunego

Thanks for fixing that, I would definitely not have had the time (nor the motivation) to do this fantastic piece of art! Thanks a lot for your innovative initiative, cunego, and to all those who contributed! It was a great idea, perfectly executed - I think we should have a "Preview of the Year" award just for this one Smile

I'm usually hyped for the Tour as well, but GC-wise I'm afraid it'll just be a boring race. However, if the overall winner is clear in the first half of the race already, and given Herklotz' pretty weak mountain support team, we might be in for some great breakaway fights.
On the other hand, PCM often is too much like real life, other teams will just chase down the escapees and leave empty-handed. Hoping it'll be different here Pfft

Thanks again for the preview, and good luck to all participants!

ember
AbhishekLFC wrote:
ember wrote:

Thank you! Embarassing mistake, really, as I knew cunego was the guy writing the PM questions too Pfft

Thank you for having done all the work and put it together, cunego!

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 06:45
Bot Agent

IP: None  
cunego59
ember wrote:
AbhishekLFC wrote:
ember wrote:

Thank you! Embarassing mistake, really, as I knew cunego was the guy writing the PM questions too Pfft

Thank you for having done all the work and put it together, cunego!

Fab has written some absolute banger previews, so I don't mind that association at all Wink

Thanks for all the nice words, everyone Smile

baseballlover312
Hey hey hey, cunego didn't do it all alone. Pfft

Fantastic preview, should be a great race. But Herklotz needs to win.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Eden95
This is some of the greatest work I’ve seen out into the MG in a while - congrats Cunego, this is amazing!
I hope it isn’t a total dead rubber up too and Morton and/or Tenorio can push Herklotz to his limits. Really hope Kemboi and Manninen dominate the flat stages and take in a few points Smile

Also awesome to see Brenes tied 3rd in days in the KOM jersey. It was one of our saddest moments to see him lose it on the last mountain stage to Carthy three years ago, he was so agonisingly close to finally taking home the jersey.
Edited by Eden95 on 08-03-2023 02:57
Indosat - ANZ HQ

"This Schleck sandwich is going to cause serious indigestion for Evans" - Phil Liggett

OlegTinkov
Will be hard for the race itself to outshine the preview Pfft love the team photos!

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
redordead
I'm already stealing PT points with Zariff Embarassed

On the other hand Pogacar again with the now customary bad prologue Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

SotD
Great job describing the prologue, and a very surprising battle for the win. Big congrats to the two top guys here!

Nice to see Nsengimana briefly in the hot seat, and actually performing rather well. Delco even better in the end! Giannoutsos below par, but it was Chiarello who was all over the place being one of the worst in the entire field. He's not great, but he shouldn't be that bad!

For our goals of the race it doesn't matter though, as I want to see our riders be aggressive, so getting off to a poor start sets the scene really.

Ideally we can use the bad start to feature in the 2nd stage fighting for the KOM jersey off the gun! Would be a great way to start the race. And then it will be interesting to see if the bumpy ride favours the likes of Bouglas or if we have to wait for stage 7 to see him make his presence.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Gustavovskiy
I guess I need to moderate my expectations.

Congrats to cycleyorkshire, it's always greatly rewarding to take the first stage of a GT!
Manager of Everesting

alexkr00
The preview is as great as most of us probably assumed it will be when cunego contacted us to answer the questions Grin

The sprint field looks rather weak this year so maybe Van Poppel can actually score some good points.

Some of our rivals in the bottom of the rankings are looking to score quite good in this Tour, which is not great news for us. And some even started from the first stage. Congrats, ryant.

The four editions of the Tour brought some surprising winners, but after that it only went to well established GT riders. I don't think we'll see a return to the early editions any time soon Grin
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

whitejersey
I see a result like this from Vlasov and I get upset that I let him go, it was for the greater good back then but he's such a beast! Incredible report!

ember
Thank you for rolling out the stage, cunego! The graphics and spectacors next to the road combined with having a pre-stage favourite, made me feel the hype/nerve more than usual.

And so close for Kragh! Unfortunate to be on the wrong side of the decisive second there.

Oliveira taking it is a surprise, but it's also a prologue Pfft Congratulations, ryant!

Looking at Preidler and Amezawa's prologues, I'll vote we turn the GC upside down and stop the race right now Grin More seriously, their prologue efforts are fine, this wasn't a stage for them, the mountains and hills will hopefully be with aggressive racing.

cio93
It has begun! Grin

Cunego has indeed delivered on the promise his questionnaire foreshadowed, no questions remaining.

The prologue could've been better, but the time gaps are irrelevant by the TTT at the latest. The stage looked lovely either way!

As per my statements, tomorrow's stage holds a very dear place in my heart, but would preferably be uneventful as it's not hard enough to look for any splits.
Stage 4 however should become the first battleground, and the gap to yellow is at least within bonus seconds range.

With Ganna graduating from TTT duties to a leadership role, we needed loanees to fill the gap, so I hope Fabianski will enjoy Bissegger and Brunel stepping onto the biggest possible stage for their GT debuts! Smile

Another fallout of Ganna maxing out were our serious cap struggles last off-season, which meant both Stüssi and Vasyliv as our best Herklotz domestiques had to be sold. Ollfardh correctly spots the mountain support as the weak point in our lineup, and hopefully Herklotz can deliver on the consensus expectations well enough for nobody to exploit this.
We brought in Madouas as an all-purpose superdomestique to put a band-aid on this issue, it remains to be seen if this weakens our TTT lineup in a significant way. It's also the first ever Grand Tour for maxed Florian Stork, our now second best German stage racer.

Still, two 75mo domestiques for the race favorite is a risky place to be in, but to end with a positive, we have managed to at least fill half of the 8 spots with Germans again!
And with the remaining four riders being French and Swiss, it's again a Herklotz support squad consisting exclusively of riders from Germany and its neighboring countries.

knockout
All our riders outside the top 100, distanced last in teams classification, so no surprises here...

Kinda regret not having Chavanne or Stoltz in my team anymore for this stage after years without proper prologues in GTs but we know why we did those moves...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Promo : Lance Armstrong
Promo : Lance Armstrong