sammyt93

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
Adding new scouting areas
bennettWPS
I've got the newest version of PCM fast editor, and I was wondering how to properly add new scouting areas [Cuba, Mexico, Serbia, Croatia, etc...]. I tried it and I managed to screw up the entire scouting map. Any way to properly add them into the db through the editor?

Kentaurus
Yes, I've done this (sort of) and enjoy it much more. I'll try to step you through this.

First, I don't really add new area's per say, but adjust some that are existing and not being used. There are many you can simply adjust. So I will start there. I'm also using the PCM daily mod V1 (with or without Fenian's). As a note, this comes with several new zones including Cuba, Mexico, Croatia, and Serbia.

Open PCM Fast editor and open the DB you wish to change. Do a SaveAs to change the name so you don't screw up your base DB in case something goes wrong.

Now find the table called "STA_region" This is where you do most of the work. Sort the columns by "Weight" any region with a 0 is not being used. Now to edit, I'll walk you through one I did adding Puerto Rico.

Pick any unused region.):
Under column "CONSTANT" change the name to what you want. IE Puerto Rico.
Take note of the number under column "gene_strID_name" you will need this later.
Under column "Country" change the dropdown to the appropriate Country (I'm not sure how to add other countries, just able to use the ones there, someone else probably knows though, I used USA for Puerto Rico).
Under column "gene_b_europa" make sure the box in not checked (or is checked if it's a European country).
Under column "Weight" add a weight (values 1-3 from my understanding) the higher the number the more riders will come from this region.
Under columns "gene_f_chance_pot0" - "gene_f_chance_pot7" add values adding up to 100. This is the probability of a riders potential. "gene_f_chance_pot0" is riders with 1 potential, "gene_f_chance_pot7" is for riders with 8 potential. Adjust however you like, but I would advise to just copy from another region for balance.
Under columns "gene_f_chance_tour" - "gene_f_chance_flat" again these 7 columns must add up to 100, They control the probability of a riders style.
The columns after this, "gene_f_chance_temp_... " are not required, again though I advise to copy from a very nearby region as they affect the probability that a rider will prefer certain weather conditions.

The region is now functional, but there are 2 more steps to finish this process. The first I would do requires opening up another DB, "Local" it should be found in your Documents/Pro Cycling Manager 2011 folder. Make a backup before editing!

Open a table called "STA_localized_string"
Sort by the first column titled "IDlocalized_string"
Find the number you took note of earlier that was under "gene_strID_name" in the other DB.
To the right of that number should be what the original regions name was. Change the name under column "gene_sz_english" to what you would like this region to be called.
Save (must be called Local.cdb)

The last part goes back into the first DB. It's time to place this region, and this part can really chew up some time. (I have dual monitors which rocks for this, if your using just one, it is going to be harsh).

In PCM Fast Editor, again under table "STA_region" find columns "gene_i_pos_x" and gene_i_pos_y" these adjust where the dot is on the scouting map. It is basically a grid, with 0,0 in the top left. You can use other countries nearby to help you guess where to start.

Put in values for both X and Y and save this DB. Now open the game, load this DB, start a career, and check where the dot is on the map. Now all that is left is adjusting, this is time consuming and will require you to basically open and close PCM often (or alt-tab if you can...)

AZTECA - NBCSN pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/azt.png

Kay-peder
hi. I've tried this but when i come to the local db and should save this after i've changed it i get the message "DatabaseXML.exe have stopped. Windows is looking for a solution."

Help

lluuiiggii
Kay-peder wrote:
hi. I've tried this but when i come to the local db and should save this after i've changed it i get the message "DatabaseXML.exe have stopped. Windows is looking for a solution."

Help

You're using the Full Editor right? If yes then that means you've left something filled incorrectly, most likely a blank cell. Unfortunately there's no other way to see where the problem is then to review all your edits Sad

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 18:34
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Kentaurus
Try using Lachis editor instead of PCM-Fast Editor for the Local.cdb
AZTECA - NBCSN pcmdaily.com/files/Micros16/azt.png

Kay-peder
hi thanx for help.. now is the answer i use fast editor.
But tried now the lachis editor for local cdb..
Are waiting for it to work

Kay-peder
IT WORKED. JUST NEED TO GUESS I LITTLE MORE ON THE X/Y THANX

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content