· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
djick
What do you think about the statistics d.diaz?f.gaviria?r.contreras?

matt17br
djick wrote:
What do you think about the statistics d.diaz?f.gaviria?r.contreras?

We had a nice discussion in the past pages on the first two of them Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
fidjim2013
matt17br wrote:
Tafiolmo wrote:
There are some good arguments for and against Froome and Contador about who should have the best acceleration. As stated Contador has a great acceleration but the problem is with Froome, as he really doesn't accelerate like other people. Contador accelerates in a normal style, whereas Froome has his famous 'crazy sprint' uphill which I guess is hard to incorporate in the stats properly.

I also think that Rodriguez being so much higher like 5 points in acc is a bit much and also I've never ever really noticed Uran accelerating that much so seems quite high too.

Exactly, it's impossible, unless Cyanide implements some kind of animations/additional stats that looks quite impossible to me right now..

Rodriguez acceleration stat is deserved imo, it may turn out that it will advantage him a bit too much on some mountain stages, but if we wouldn't give him such a high stat he may be DISadvantaged in the Ardennes/Hilly Classics. It's impossible to make it 100% realistic, but that's the closest way imo. Uran acc may be decreased ofc Wink

Froome has the ability to attack on the saddle and it's impossible to do that on the game

clamel
On the issue on adding a minor point or delete such a point on the top cyclists in lets say the category of sprinters.

I mentioned before that it's more important to get certain cyclist better values on areas they are mentioned to be good at and at the present they are not.

Let me take one example on United Healthcare Adrian Hegyvary
Almost unknown, but this can be read on the teams website

"Adrian Hegyvary is a time trialist and lead-out man who races for the ... added to his previous successes on the bike with an impressive sprint"

In the pcmdaily db he has these numbers (actually many more DB has almost the same)
plain 66 / acc 62 / sprints 58 / TT 64 / Prologue 64

--- This can't be correct values on such a rider, or ???

So this rider is more important to improve than thinking about adding or deducting a point on sprints for Cav, Kittel, Sagan, Degenkolb or the colombian Gaviria.

Just my two cent on this sometimes very heated thread.
Lots of more riders like Adrian that is very much off on their specialities according to websites of their teams.

I'm very certain that the brains behind this great DB are thinking on these issue but the riders out there are soooo many and getting the values, even 75% correct, is a very hard task.

But I do think info like this on Adrian could lift the DB more than smaller adjustments on the more famous riders.

So mates who knows similar issues ?
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

matt17br
clamel wrote:
I'm very certain that the brains behind this great DB are thinking on these issue but the riders out there are soooo many and getting the values, even 75% correct, is a very hard task.

Exactly, that's the point of creating such a thread mate, we occasionally take a look at the lesser known riders but we can't go into their stats one-by-one using CQ or PCS, thus we wait for some reports like yours Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

clamel
Happy to help as you already know

Cheers

This site https://www.herald....au/teams/ gives some useful short info on some cyclist and you might pick up something useful. Who knows.
It was on this I found info on Adrian Hegyvary for one.

Lots of new riders too, but then you haven't got those aussie teams in your DB.
But you might add some ???
Edited by clamel on 11-02-2015 19:55
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

AiZaK
Vuillermouz has 76 in Mountain, in my opinion would be perfect with 1 less. 75 is perfect
Edited by AiZaK on 18-02-2015 22:21

fidjim2013
AiZaK wrote:
Vuillermouz has 76 in Mountain, in my opinion would be perfect with 1 less. 75 is perfect

I agree and it makes no sense that he has the same climbing than Sergio henao and carlos betancur but at the same time he got a pretty good result at the giro by finishing 11
Edited by fidjim2013 on 18-02-2015 22:40

Paul23
clamel wrote:
Happy to help as you already know

Cheers

This site https://www.herald....au/teams/ gives some useful short info on some cyclist and you might pick up something useful. Who knows.
It was on this I found info on Adrian Hegyvary for one.

Lots of new riders too, but then you haven't got those aussie teams in your DB.
But you might add some ???

Some interesting texts about the riders. Looks nice, but I'm not sure how accurate those informations are.(I just want to say, that you need to see them race yourself to make up your opinion.) F.e. when I was watching Le Tour back in 2006, the commentators were talking about Boonen and his chances to win the Tour Grin. Or when Gilbert won a stage, they said he is an "excellent climber". So not everything said, or written is a fact.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Jesleyh
Really? Might just be Germans Pfft
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

matt17br
Nah, Vuillermoz is good at 76. None of the riders on 75 showed decent performances in the gts lately, while Vuillermoz was really a great domestique at the Giro, other than showing other great things in other races. The reason why Betancur and Henao are on 76 is that the first one had an awful year in 2014 if we bar Paris-Nice that I don't actually count as a mountainous stage race, more as a hilly one. Henao instead is much better as a puncher than on the mountains, where he never proved anything special. Don't forget that people like Yates, Pellizotti or Chaves are on 76 as well, I'd say that they don't really deserve to have one point more than Vuillermoz, don't they Wink

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 08:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
bob7
matt17br wrote:
The reason why Betancur and Henao are on 76 is that the first one had an awful year in 2014 if we bar Paris-Nice that I don't actually count as a mountainous stage race, more as a hilly one.

So why Porte has 78 MO ?

matt17br
Because he actually proved that he can climb well if he's in shape. He can't fight for a gt top 10, that's why he's got a rather low recuperation stat.

AiZaK
If you play career mode with Vuillermoz in september he will be 77 or 78... i think one more time that 75 its perfect for him

matt17br
AiZaK wrote:
If you play career mode with Vuillermoz in september he will be 77 or 78... i think one more time that 75 its perfect for him

Well, that depends on his potential and the characteristics evolution. Even if we'd lower his stat he'd get to 77 or 78 easily at the end of the year. My advice would be lowering the evolution to 0.2/0.3, more realistic imo. He's also a talented climber, I don't rate a breakthrough from his side too unrealistic right now, thus no reason for lowering is potential either.

bob7
I have another question. Why the potential of top rider is so high ? Why it isn't depends on age ?
Edited by bob7 on 19-02-2015 15:08

matt17br
bob7 wrote:
I have another question. Why the potential of top rider is so high ? Why it isn't depends on age ?

Taking say Sagan as example, he's already got high stats. So if you give him a potential that's lower than 7, his potential won't be high enough for the game to fall between the limits set in the various youngriderscarac.xml files. Therefore Sagan will progress beyond his potential, depending on the stat (so he won't improve that much in cobbles and sprint, but he will on the mountains and tts, which would make an unbeatable rider of him), and we obviously don't want to see this happen in the long run, because he's already got high stats in basically every single field. That's why for example Frank Schleck, a casual 30+ aged rider has got 6 potential.

It depends on the age as well, of course, but it's more about what do you think about that rider's potential. For example, Power looks set to be a world-beater a day, thus we gave him 7 potential if i'm not mistaken.

henricoboy
What would be the stats og fernando Gaviria. He had a great start at the season. And What would be his potensial?
Henrik Horgen Laksholm

matt17br
@henricoboy: https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....st_1015764

Also, reading the whole page and the page before would help as well. As for the potential, I'd roughly say 6.

Croatia14
if JJ Lobato is still on 71 hills, i would love to see his hill-stat upgraded. He really delivers better in sprints on a bumpy terrain than on flat terrain...He also climbs better than most of the other sprinters, so I think his stats in these regions could be near JJ Rojas...
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
TDF13: Multiplayer 1