· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Malkael
I do not see what is that weird about potential, I see it as the potential for large scale attribute improvement. In Quintana's case he has a lesser margin for potential improvement than a talented U-23 rider as Quintana is already close to being the best at climbing.

Unless the U-23 rider is somehow already a world beater at climbing, he has a larger potential for improvement upon his current attribute ratings than Quintana does.
#GoraEuskadi

http://www.theroar.com.au/author/matthew-boulden/
wogsrus
MartijnVDD wrote:
wogsrus wrote:
Like that stats, but the potentials of alot of riders puzzling. Good work nonetheless.

Actually it's quite logical. Riders with high stats and high potential will max out their main stats and develop others next, making them unbeatable.

Take Cav for example. After a few years, he'll have 85 sprinting and 70+ climbing with potential 7. If you'd give Quintana 7 or 8 potential, he'll get 85 climbing, 85 punching and around 75 sprinting, I guess.
Didn't mean with top riders. Durbridge has one star potential with TT, Howson has 2 star with a current 72 TT stat. Thought they would be more. Goes for some of the young sprinters as well.

lluuiiggii
Jesleyh wrote:
Well, the PCMdaily team believes that the gameplay is better with low RES.

But well, at this moment, the RES stat doesn't have effect on anything... (Due to Cyanide not fixing that)

Not only PCMdaily team, but generally the PCM community reached that conclusion for PCM12. And as you pointed out, no reason to change it atm since RES doesn't work on PCM13 Pfft

@wogsrus: Durbridge can go to 79 TT in the career I mentioned, that'd put him as a top 5~top 10 TTers in the game.

mat4404
Can someone explain potential to me? How can you limit it? To me it appears almost random for "developed riders". As a test I made 4 riders with 80 in all stats with 1, 3, 5, 8 as potential. The outcome was completely random. To cut a long story short, the best rider was the 5 potential rider and the worst was the 3 potential rider.

It seems to me that assigning potential to riders who are not youngsters is a fairly futile exercise. Anyone had a better experience at limiting the growth of developed riders?

lluuiiggii
Potential is not much simple indeed, and honestly I couldn't find the biggest logic to it when testing the low potentials used in Daily DB. I did, however, when comparing how the best riders' stat limits when they had low and big potentials, notice that, while it doesn't seem to affect much the limit of his main stats according to his specialization, it did seem to affect the secondary stats (in other words, the sum of all stat limits was generally lower when using low potentials for top riders, even if the main stat was similar).

According to Kentaurus, if the potential does not "match" with how good he is (f.e. Contador at Pot 3), the stat limit will be based, among other factors, on the interval of stat limits correspondent to the stat itself on the .xml files (this probably won't make much sense if you haven't checked the .xml files; basically there are intervals of stat limits, f.e. the interval lvl 7 will give a limit between 81~85; so if the rider had 82 MO and you gave him pot 3, he'll get something between 81~85 nevertheless).

So if you really want to limit the growth of developed riders, I think the best/easiest way to do it is manually edit their stat limits after you've started your career. That said, if you're playing with the Expansion Pack, the limits should already be pretty well balanced (if the limits are limited even more than that, it'll basically allow no progression for the best current riders - but perhaps that is what you want) Wink

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 06:26
Bot Agent

IP: None  
mat4404
Ah, there is a .xml file for potential? Could you point me in its direction?

I remember looking for such a file a few years ago and not finding anything. In the end I thought the potential as defined within young rider files may also be applicable to developed riders . However after days of tests realised there was no link between the two.

I do want progression albeit limited progression. I don't want Wiggins being 82 Mtn after a year etc. Really, once a rider passes 28/29 I don't want them getting much better.

FroomeDog99
I think Pirazzi needs a bit of a change. Not the best time-trialler but he did finish 2nd the Italian NC ahead of Malori and Cataldo, so maybe 66/67 instead of 63. Also I'd upgrade his hill to 74, after the Giro where he won the KotM and showed some good strength.

Also, another rider that I've changed is Kevin Reza. He's got a few good results this year like those below, so I've upgraded his sprint to 74/74.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race.p...?id=116913
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/T...Saint_Malo
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/T...ps_Elysees
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/B...assic_2013

Other then that though, the stats are great. Great gameplay so far.

lluuiiggii
mat4404 wrote:
Ah, there is a .xml file for potential? Could you point me in its direction?

I remember looking for such a file a few years ago and not finding anything. In the end I thought the potential as defined within young rider files may also be applicable to developed riders . However after days of tests realised there was no link between the two.

I do want progression albeit limited progression. I don't want Wiggins being 82 Mtn after a year etc. Really, once a rider passes 28/29 I don't want them getting much better.

No, when I say .xml files I mean the young rider ones. It's the same that defines stat limits for already existing riders.

Another option for what you want is to put a low development speed, like 0.2 or 0.1. Then riders will take longer to develop, and some of the current existing riders might start declining before they reach their top. Pretty sure that Wiggins will never improve 5 points in one year with such development speed. You could also lower the age of decline to 30/31.

welker3257
Could you lower some of Sagan's stats? He won Tirreno by 5 minutes in one of my saves. He even gained 25 seconds on Nibali in the last Time Trial.
Gig 'em Aggies

Fast N' Loud Cycling Project - ICL

Cossack
Most likely he peaked for Tirreno/MSR while the others took it easy. Was it 2013 route or a variant? Were there any mountain stages, or just only hills?
Edited by Cossack on 28-10-2013 09:08

Cossack
issoisso wrote:
But yeah, he needs way lower recovery

Why? He is really consistent in TdF and even going into breakaways on mountain stages doesn't make him too tired.

Jorge14
People i need to add both Simon Yates and Adam Yates, could you help with the entire stats of them and respetive potential and if possible give link of photos to put in pcm editor?? WinkPls

Jesleyh
Well, the .cdb is attached to the Support & Comments thread, so you can look for yourself(and even copy their whole lines with the Excel editor, that saves you time editing-wise Wink)
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Jorge14
I Dont understand Jesleyh

Selwink
If you download the mentioned .cdb you can look up how the Yates's are statted and you can copy their stats with the Excel Editor
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

TheManxMissile
I've said it before and i'll say it again (and probably again after this) but Kwiatkowski NEEDS something done about him... He is just too good in too many places. It's the same with Sagan.
Admitedly this is not the normal situation but i got Kwiat to 2nd place in the Giro! A full 2'00 ahead of 3rd place, and 20'00 ahead of 10th (this race included Froome, Purito, Valverde, Nibali, Hesjedal, Scarponi, Basso... in fact it was only really missing Contador and Quintana). No big breakaways, just insane consistency and climbing. Yes he did well in the Tour but the 76MO makes him a potential winner in almost any short tour race.
Sagan is again insanely good. His issue can solved by dropping REC, which should take him out of GC contention. No issues with HL, SP, CB combination but he is usually battling at the top end of races like the Dauphine (or even Trentino in one career).

Fun fact, i removed Sagan from Cannondale for Lasnik story, they are suddenly the worst WT team Pfft
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

Jorge14
Selwink wrote:
If you download the mentioned .cdb you can look up how the Yates's are statted and you can copy their stats with the Excel Editor

Selwink and who is the cdb. file to download?

Selwink
It should be in the .7z file. Extract it and open the file in the editor of your choice.
link
Edited by Selwink on 06-11-2013 21:11
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/micro/npn.png[PCT] Novatek-Panarmenian.net
[ICL] Sugoi-Xanterra & Canada Dry Dev Team
Stages (Requests closed)

i.imgur.com/vR8EVAA.png

'But why were [...] they helped to get to space? To find answers, we must look at predictions not of science, but of science-fiction.'
Ancient Aliens

AiZaK
Hello, I want to create Simon & Adam Yates in PCM 2012, Which potential and stats would you give them???

Jesleyh
Again, the .cdb is attached to the support thread of the expansion pack, so you can see for yourself Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
do not simulate!!!
do not simulate!!!