fightinchicken26, OlegTinkov

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] Teams HQ
 Print Thread
[PT23] Cedevita | NC Recap
Luis Leon Sanchez
Really like how your team has come together and, although I would have loved to get Hart myself, I went after other targets but I'm glad you've got him!

Looking forward to your full squad announcement but expecting I will both enjoy and at times dislike the competition you're going to provide Wink

alexkr00
I guess that wage is pretty fair for a FA like Tao. I feel like anything significantly lower would have been a steal, so a pretty good signing. Very trainable as well.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

SotD
Pretty solid off season. Tao was no. 1 on my shortlist, but unfortunately never got around to be part of the fun. Had him listed at 600K. Despite going higher than that he is IMO one of the best signings in the entire transferperiod.

I hope he Can continue with you and receive the amount of training that will make him a GT podium contender.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

DubbelDekker
A ton of TT and stage-race power gained. Hope Tao becomes a success for Cedevita!
i.imgur.com/5iNQj.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 19-09-2024 22:50
Bot Agent

IP: None  
redordead
DarkWolf wrote:
I look at my history with TT and I wonder if my dealing with it would change over time. Of course, this aspect pales in comparison to my approach of cobbles. Anyway, enough about me, you have a very, very nice addition for the TT.

I was TT heavy in my debut season. Never that much until now and I hope I can return to the cobbled races sooner than later also Smile

Nemolito wrote:
CedeviTTTa

Seems like you have a very similar squad to your pct squad, but, well, again way better after an interesting transfer period where you went for a mix of improving your roster, not giving up on your Balkan identity and still managed to get some Balkan level 1 talents and get them to level 3 at the end of the season Smile

There are changes to the team, but not wholesale changes and of course I'm late with announcing all the signings Embarassed
I'm never giving up the Balkan identity!!! Cool

whitejersey wrote:
Tao is a lovely signing, he was a part of my FA shortlist, but very early on it became clear that he was going well above the 400k I had allocated towards him.

ivaneurope wrote:
TGH was one of my early targets - unfortunately his price became too high for my taste

Normal free agency then? Pfft

Fabianski wrote:
Guess we were all in the same boat there Pfft
No chance against a PT team; would've spent 500k on him, but going 700k+ wasn't an option.
Congrats red for signing him, guess your transfer season must have been accompanied by lots of feel-good-vibes. Wish I could say the same :lol:

I guess there was a certain degree of 'smoothness' for me in my transfer dealings. But that's probably down to the fact I had a decent amount of money for the first time perhaps Pfft

jandal7 wrote:
Guess you couldn't be bothered making a Geoghegan pun? Pfft

Love that pickup and of course love his new stage racing buddy Habtemichael even more. Glad he's going to another team I love - take care of my boy Smile

I already felt a bit cringe making this one Pfft
And you know about my inadequate language skills, so I'll leave the more difficult puns to one of the funniest members on Daily Wink

I liken the Habtemichael deal to my deal last year for Borisavljevic. Hopefully he can have a similar impact Smile

Luis Leon Sanchez wrote:
Really like how your team has come together and, although I would have loved to get Hart myself, I went after other targets but I'm glad you've got him!

Looking forward to your full squad announcement but expecting I will both enjoy and at times dislike the competition you're going to provide Wink

I can say the same to you. I still have work to do to catch up to your team Wink

alexkr00 wrote:
I guess that wage is pretty fair for a FA like Tao. I feel like anything significantly lower would have been a steal, so a pretty good signing. Very trainable as well.

I was hoping 600k would be enough, but I'm pretty content with 700k.

SotD wrote:
Pretty solid off season. Tao was no. 1 on my shortlist, but unfortunately never got around to be part of the fun. Had him listed at 600K. Despite going higher than that he is IMO one of the best signings in the entire transferperiod.

I hope he Can continue with you and receive the amount of training that will make him a GT podium contender.

Thanks for the word of confidence on Tao. Although training to become a podium contender might be reserved for someone else already Pfft

DubbelDekker wrote:
A ton of TT and stage-race power gained. Hope Tao becomes a success for Cedevita!

Tao should have a lot on his shoulders until I get some others up to scratch.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Laurens147
Another interesting transfer season for you, with some great additions to your TT squad and Tao. Impressive how you keep building your team without losing regional focus!
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

AbhishekLFC
Well everyone has already said nice things about Hart and I can only add my approval to it Smile Great TTT team you have now also!

ember
The TTT setup together with Pogacar and Hart should bring lots of points, I think. So many that all your relegation talk might not come true Grin Pfft

Great additions for a promoted team, and a great transfer season for you, I'd say, especially the way it started with the Ardila and Galta deal, which brought you lots of money in total and a great fundament to build the rest of your transfers on.

redordead
Transfer Deal

The ProTour has a mostly fixed calendar that features races on all sorts of terrains. So even if we are confident in our stage racing and time-trial cores we still lack everything else. This deal in some way solves at least one of those inadequacies and with all things considered we felt we got good value for the 700k we sent to Gjensidige Pro Cycling Team.

Sondre Holst Enger | Age: 30 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 275k
FLMOHITTSTRSRCCBSPACFTDHPR

i.imgur.com/txcXK6f.jpg

Enger: I was disappointed I couldn't do enough to help Gjensidige survive and I am now at another newly promoted team with a similar goal. I'm the team's designated sprint leader and I intend to repay their trust in me.

Bostjan Mervar,
team representative and general manager of Cedevita

Fabianski
I guess there are worse ways to fill gaps Pfft
Seems like we somehow like the same riders, would also have loved to get Enger, but couldn't afford him. Looking forward to have a PT-size wallet one day Wink

So it's basically just the couple of cobbled RDs where you can't expect much more than depth points (maybe hills, too), but imho your team definitely doesn't look like a clear-cut "relegation favorite" Smile
And the age structure of your team is just amazing - another aspect of team-building where you serve as a great example!

SotD
Enger is a brilliant PT match this season I think. Especially if you plan him a little bit creative, then there are so many gaps where you can avoid the top sprinters, instead of just going for the best calender for him. I would think a couple of GC races where he's favorite for 1-2-3 stages could be better than one of the shorter GC races where he has an outside shot of top 10 (but need to beat significantly faster guys). Qatar being the obvious one he need to rider regardless of planning strategy.

redordead
Laurens147 wrote:
Another interesting transfer season for you, with some great additions to your TT squad and Tao. Impressive how you keep building your team without losing regional focus!

I'll post my departures in the next few days and you'll see a few local riders have left. But I also restocked the cupboard with an old-new guy and some talents Smile

AbhishekLFC wrote:
Well everyone has already said nice things about Hart and I can only add my approval to it Smile Great TTT team you have now also!

I'll be relying on the TT lottery this season for sure Pfft

ember wrote:
The TTT setup together with Pogacar and Hart should bring lots of points, I think. So many that all your relegation talk might not come true Grin Pfft

Great additions for a promoted team, and a great transfer season for you, I'd say, especially the way it started with the Ardila and Galta deal, which brought you lots of money in total and a great fundament to build the rest of your transfers on.

I'm not convinced how many points the TTT will bring, but it felt like a solid mid-long term investment. I'm happy with my transfer dealings, not sure how much of that will lead to results, but I reckon we at least have a chance.

Fabianski wrote:
I guess there are worse ways to fill gaps Pfft
Seems like we somehow like the same riders, would also have loved to get Enger, but couldn't afford him. Looking forward to have a PT-size wallet one day Wink

So it's basically just the couple of cobbled RDs where you can't expect much more than depth points (maybe hills, too), but imho your team definitely doesn't look like a clear-cut "relegation favorite" Smile
And the age structure of your team is just amazing - another aspect of team-building where you serve as a great example!

Sorry I took all your riders, but I guess I can take that as a compliment of sorts? Pfft
I'll have some 'zero' pointers on cobbles and hills. I think my team is probably a bit older, but it will be the first time I go into renewals with no declines which is a good thing Smile

SotD wrote:
Enger is a brilliant PT match this season I think. Especially if you plan him a little bit creative, then there are so many gaps where you can avoid the top sprinters, instead of just going for the best calender for him. I would think a couple of GC races where he's favorite for 1-2-3 stages could be better than one of the shorter GC races where he has an outside shot of top 10 (but need to beat significantly faster guys). Qatar being the obvious one he need to rider regardless of planning strategy.

I kind of planned on having a sprinter all along. Enger tbh wasn't that high on my board, but I couldn't really get any of my top targets. As transfers progressed I found Enger a more appealing option for PT and my team in particular. I like his profile and the value he should provide, but I will probably need him to perform quite well if I want to make a fist at survival.

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

redordead
Transfer Deal

We promise this is the last one, the last deal involving a time-trialist that is. We had a good line of communication established with DuckDuckGo - Everesting after the Howson deal, so we couldn't pass on the chance to make another inquiry. We had to act fast, but for a fee of 400k we were able to get one more rider for our TT core.

Lawson Craddock | Age: 31 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 90k

i.imgur.com/g79XUB1.png

Craddock: I was excited to join when I saw all the effort that has been put into the time-trial department. Focusing on those races will be the key to a good season for us.

Bostjan Mervar,

SotD
If I wasn't gambling on training all over the place I would have given you fight for the teeth for Craddock. He's simply way to good to be sold for that little. He's a perfect 200+ point scorer at PT level. In particular with a TTT setup like yours as a bonus.

redordead
SotD wrote:
If I wasn't gambling on training all over the place I would have given you fight for the teeth for Craddock. He's simply way to good to be sold for that little. He's a perfect 200+ point scorer at PT level. In particular with a TTT setup like yours as a bonus.

Hopefully he's a seamless fit into my unexpectedly newfound TT depth.
And watch those teeth!! Pfft

redordead
Free Agent Signing

We weren't a prominent force in free agency this time, but it is still the only place where we can hope to recruit the lone and best Balkan talents. With that said we believe the following rider can develop as a good all round climber.

With that said we welcome:

Husein Selimovic | Age: 22 | Lvl: 1.00 | Wage: 85k

i.imgur.com/rCkuYRS.png

Selimovic: I only need to look at all the riders that came before me and are still here, to know that this is the place where I want to be at. I've already been told that I'm likely going on loan, but that's perfectly fine. I can't wait to get started!

Bostjan Mervar,

redordead
Free Agent Signing

After making the deal for Craddock we for the most part exhausted our funds. We had just a little cap space left late in transfers to look for one more rider in free agency. There weren't many options left, but looking at our squad there was one rider that stood out from a regional and squad fit aspect.

With that said we welcome:

Jernej Svab | Age: 28 | Lvl: 4.100 | Wage: 105k

i.imgur.com/LA7jStm.jpg

Svab: I'll help any rider that's in a leadership role in any race I can. Apart from that my expected role is to go in breakaways whenever I can to contest intermediate sprints, KOMs and even stage wins. And that's what I enjoy the most!

Bostjan Mervar,

redordead
Departures

We haven't had a transfer season so eventful or at least had one where so much money changed hands. A total of 9 riders that were a part of the team last year have moved on a permanent deal. Another 4 riders are spending the season on loan elsewhere.

Transferred

Aleksandar Roman

Only one season for the Serbian climber with us. He was used to winning PT titles with Isostar and he kept his solid contribution by helping us promote. He goes to Aker - MOT with cash in exchange for Steven Lammertink.

Eduard Alexander Beltran

Team legend Beltran leaves after 4 years of being the alpha and omega of the team. From single handedly keeping the team in PCT in 2019 to contributing majorly to our promotion last year or giving a degree of confidence to plan our seasons in advance, he leaves the biggest mark yet. We will have a special post to commemorate his time with the team before the season starts, where he will now ride for Team Popo4Ever p/b Morshynska who bought him for a fee of 800k.

Gasper Katrasnik

Katrasnik spent two seasons with us after signing as a free agent. He didn't have his best first season, but really took off last year and carried us to promotion with his attacking style in flat races. He leaves for a rather paltry sum of only 350k, continuing our good relations with fellow Slovenian team Trans Looney Tunes.

Nur Aiman Zariff

After just one season with us Zariff leaves to conquer the CT sprinting scene in a similar fashion to how Lahcen Saber and Dusan Rajovic left to do last year. We wish Nur Aiman all the best as he joins Air New Zealand-Alfa Romeo for a fee of 800k.

Lucas Eriksson

Another rider who spent just a year with us, after joining from free agency. He proved his effectiveness when he was given an opportunity, which to be honest wasn't too often. We're happy to see him follow in Havard Blikra's footsteps as he joins the Scandinavian team Tafjord Kraft. We earn 413k in the deal.

Andres Camilo Ardila

Parting ways with Ardila wasn't something we planned, but we were willing to listen to offers for the young Colombian. We got a lot of interest and in the end MOL Cycling Team made us an offer we couldn't refuse. So Ardila left in exchange for Fredrik Strand Galta and 1m in cash. The Norwegian was then rerouted to Carlsberg - Danske Bank for an additional fee of 1.5m.

Hayden McCormick, Kees Duyvesteyn

Both our Kiwis were given a chance to go back home. As part of the same swap deal that brought back Dusan Rajovic. We sent an additional 50k to Spark-BNZ Racing to make the deal work.

Marko Pavlic

Letting go of Pavlic was a late decision for us. We needed a little bit of extra money to finance one of our loan deals. Given some of our additions and the current makeup of the squad we felt Marko was somewhat expendable. He was an underrated contributor for us and we know he can do great work for his next team, which is Genii Hyundai N Cycling. They paid 200k to secure his services.

Loaned Out

Aljaz Jarc, Aleks Bechkov

Both riders rode on stagiare contracts for us last season. Both are already 24 years old and behind in their development. If we were a PCT team both would probably stay with the team, but we can't change the past. We weren't sure about our finances so both will only reach level 2. We thank Genii Hyundai N Cycling for taking them on loan.

Dorde Duric

Dorde is a level 2 rider so we could have kept him in PT, but we figured our squad would be quite full so we looked for a loan for him. So we very much appreciate Fastned offering to take him on loan. As a young cobbler riding with someone like Nathan Van Hooydonck should be a great experience.

Husein Selimovic

Since both Jarc and Bechkov are behind in their development we wanted to make sure to not slow down Selimovic. We had to pay a bigger fee, but we were able to negotiate a loan with the 1-3 clause to ensure his development. Genii Hyundai N Cycling stepped in once again and so we thank them for their contribution in our goal to develop Balkan riders.

Bostjan Mervar,

OlegTinkov
Preview Cedevita 2023 accessories
OlegTinkov attached the following images:
mg23_ced_socks.png mg23_ced_shoes.png mg23_ced_gloves.png mg23_ced_bottle.png

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
redordead
Thanks Oleg! Grin

Even if we spend just a year in PT at least we'll look great doing it Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Facebook Team: 1 - 2 - 3
Facebook Team: 1 - 2 - 3