· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Forever the Best
matt17br wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:
Giro: Quintana could not keep up with Aru, in the mountains, in the first 2 weeks.

Yes, that's an interesting point Arberg, considering that Quintana eventually won the Giro beating Aru in every other mountain stage bar Montecampione.
:lol:
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

dark_x2012
OMG Arberg not again. Pfft The stats are perfect as they are, even though I like the sounding of 84 Mountain Contador. Wink

Arberg27
C. A. Sørensen and J. Hernandez down in mountain and O. Zaugg up.

Vali
A bit of arguing why the stats should be changed would be nice.
Credits to the_hoyle for my avatar.

Kiserlovski01
Well, Sørensen was dropped every time before he could even think about being a domestique for Contador and Zaugg came close to a breakaway stage win in the Vuelta.

Vali
Yeah I know, I also didn't doubt what he said, except for Hernandez who especially was strong in the Vuelta so I wouldn't drop his stats.
I just meant that some arguments why a stat should be increased/decreased are very helpful in general
Credits to the_hoyle for my avatar.

AiZaK
In my opinion C. A. Sorensen 75 it's fine

Kiserlovski01
Vali: agree with you on those 3, guess the rest was a misunderstanding Wink
Arguments are indeed always helpful.

AiZaK: personally I'd say dropping to 74 would be justified.

matt17br
Hernandez, as other already said, has been the best Contador domestique in this years Vuelta. Also, Zaugg was in the right breakaway that time. Sorensen is fine, look at his results, hes always involved in various breakaways and he never disappoints Wink
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Kiserlovski01
You're right, not the strongest breakaway but still riders like Bart De Clercq, Romain Sicard and David Arroyo.

About Sørensen: just meant a drop would be justified, not saying there has to be one

Spoiler
tbh I don't have the 2014 EP but just to be clear: is Zaugg still on 70/74 MO/HI?

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Alakagom
Kiserlovski01 wrote:
You're right, not the strongest breakaway but still riders like Bart De Clercq, Romain Sicard and David Arroyo.

About Sørensen: just meant a drop would be justified, not saying there has to be one

Spoiler
tbh I don't have the 2014 EP but just to be clear: is Zaugg still on 70/74 MO/HI?

His Vuelta and Tour of Austria performances have not been missed by me, he's 74. He's on board of 73 to 74, so just went with upper limit this time.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Kiserlovski01
Alakagom wrote:
Kiserlovski01 wrote:

Spoiler

His Vuelta and Tour of Austria performances have not been missed by me, he's 74. He's on board of 73 to 74, so just went with upper limit this time.

Thanks for clearing things up man Smile

djick
What statistics about colo rider S.molano>c ramirez>b.ramirez>df martinez&

HellDray
maxime86 wrote:
I have a question, so i havent fully downloaded the db but i saw the hill stat screen shot and i noticed that Tom Slagter had a 78 while Tony gallopin was not listed

I'm honestly confused as to how this is possible so i researched their results and heres what i got
Montreal QuebecTDFSan Seb.WCRRLiegeAmstelFleche
Gallopin391 stage, yellow jersey for 1 day,4 top 10 finishes56356098
Slagter12111 top 35 finish14DNF6521

Like i understand that slagter was crazilly better than gallopin in Liege, Amstel and Fleche are the main classics, but Gallopin was a helper for vanendert in all 3 of those races while Slagter was his team's leader, but when gallopin was the leader, he beat slagter every time

Edit: I see gallopin is a 77, I guess that's okay but still[img-l][/img-l]

I know you're a fan of Gallopin, but Slagter worked for Navardauskas in Canada. Please be objective.

clamel
Not sure if I put this in the correct thread. And surely it has been debated before BUT.

How about those youngrider stats in regen ?
I assume you got different than the standard ones. A fast compare shows that a new sprinter gets very much higher sprint stats (if I read it correctly).
Please tell me your thoughts on how you intended these changes to come out during career play.
At a quick glance I could get a fully new sprinter at age 21 with sprint stats of plus 80. That's a bit scary, a neo-pro fighting it out with Cavendish, Kittel and Greipel.
Maybe I misunderstood this, so explain if you got the time.
Edited by clamel on 07-01-2015 11:05
Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

matt17br
clamel we are aware of this and especially this is what hurts me more. But I can assure you that is not our fault (Kentaurus' prticularly that has done a big work in the last years making those xmls spending a lot of time). I've done some tests for myself's matter and I found out that even with the clean game, using all cyanide's official stuff theresult is always the same: a big and sorrowful stat inflation that I repeat, I don't like AT ALL. We can't do anything about this. Cyanide guys confirmed that this year they messed up the random potentials and stuff and it was too late to fix it (you know the maning of too late for them.. right?) so I guess that it is wan of the causes. I personally wasn't able to bear it and I haven't reached neither 4 months of career. None that I've done much more with the past games (Max 2 years and a half with pcm 11 I think) but still.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

clamel
Well, that's sad.
But as you say it might be within limit to play out careers not longer than 3-4 years max.
Then those new regens shouldn't make to much impact I guess. Even in real life it takes a very long time for riders to develop (in most cases anyway)
So perhaps having new riders mostly being some 17-19 years will be the way to go for Cyanide in the future. Of course the odd bloke braking in at 23-24 has been seen, but rarely in this modern day.

More frequent in my dying days of the late 70's where amateur racing was "bigger" and the pro ranks wasn't so big as it is today. One could get some money for beer and pretzels riding those small crits in the Good Ole days. :lol:

Smile____________________________________________Smile

--------------------
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” Rolling Eyes

"If thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."
--------------------

Forza-Diavolo
Will there be a 2015 database at a time?

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
matt17br
Forza-Diavolo wrote:

Sure there will be one Wink

Forza-Diavolo
matt17br wrote:
Forza-Diavolo wrote:

Sure there will be one Wink

Awesome Grin

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content