Print Thread
[PCT '23] McCormick Pro Cycling
redordead
Brandon "Cheat Code" McNulty!!

Hopefully this form is reserved only for HC/C1 races Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

AbhishekLFC
Ominous signs for the rest of us with McNulty in this kind of form!

Ulrich Ulriksen
i.imgur.com/efGEADm.png

McCormick Pro Cycling congratulates Brandon McNulty and the entire McCormick Tour of America squad on achieving the team's first ever Tour of America stage win. Team sport director Ken Ulriksen said "Brandon was feeling good from kilometer zero so we made the early decision we were going to chase hard on the climbs and make everyone suffer. The team was awesome and then Brandon did his thing. Thanks to our sponsors McCormick for their support and to the organizers for putting together a great race."

After the stage McNulty said, "It was a great win for me and a milestone win for our program. Sepp [Kuss] and Larry [Warbasse] have both finished top 5 on the GC here and know this race, They and the rest of boys made sure I had everything I needed. I've got wins in two of the four grand tours now, completing the set will be a career goal."

Alex Hoehn, Thomas Revard and Lawrence Warbasse set the pace on the penultimate climb.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/ToA/S13/ToAS13_84.png

McNulty drops Inkelaar 2k from the top to go solo to the finish.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/ToA/S13/ToAS13_93.png

Edited by Ulrich Ulriksen on 31-05-2024 01:49
Man Game: McCormick Pro Cycling

cunego59
Really cool achievement, and to have it be an American rider who you yourself developed makes it even better. Now let's see how far he can go in the GC ...

baseballlover312
Congrats Ulrich! Huge for the team
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

kandesbunzler26
I didn't realize this was your first ever win in the ToA, that's of course a huge result for the team! And in style, too, winning a big mountain stage from the group of favourites shows how strong a rider McNulty is.
i.imgur.com/77VDWQo.jpeg

i.ibb.co/PC3Kfz9/Signature2020.pngi.ibb.co/Hpc4z3S/FINALUSER.pngpcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/mostimproved-bk26.png

MacC
Congrats on a great win Ulrich!

I'm also surprised it was your first at ToA. McNulty is a sure-fire star already

Fabianski
Big congrats, definitely an awesome story to have a homegrown, local rider get your first ToA stage win! And even the GC isn't gone yet, even though Eastman won't be easy to beat.
As others say, McNulty's future looks bright - and even the present does, looking at Hong Kong or now ToA!

Ulrich Ulriksen
i.imgur.com/efGEADm.png

McCormick Pro Cycling congratulates Brandon McNulty, Sepp Kuss, Lawrence Warbasse, Greg Daniel, Thomas Revard, Alex Hoehn, Charles Matte and Zeke Mostov and all the team's support staff on achieving the team's best ever result in the general classification at the Tour of America, as well as winning a stage and the young rider's jersey.

Manager Ulrich Ulriksen said "We waited a few days to put this statement out because really the team weren't in a celebrating mood after seeing the race escape us by 2 seconds. Brandon feels responsible for not finding the time in the IT and for not holding on for the win in Stage 2, Larry and Sepp feel like they failed him when he was out of position on Stage 15, all the boys are questioning their effort in the TTT and the support staff wonder if McNulty could have beaten Powless on Stage 18 if we had got the tire changed quicker. But really when you lose by that small a margin their are a million things that could have happened differently so you have to ask did you leave everything you had on the road. And we think we did."

Team leader Brandon McNulty said, "In the end we lost to a great rider and team in Ryan Eastman and Glanbia and I am very proud to have finished ahead of more great riders like Neilson Powless and Rafael Reis. It was also awesome to be on an all US podium and come so close to being the first US winner of the race. I can't thank my teammates enough, many of them sacrificed personal goals to be here to support me in this race."

Road Captain Lawrence Warbasse said of the race, "I've achieved a lot in my career but being able say I was there when Ryan Eastman won a heavyweight fight to become the first American to win the Tour of America is definitely going to be up there in the stories I tell my grandkids."

Ulriksen concluded "the McCormick project will continue to focus on winning the Tour of America, with primarily American riders, as a major goal. I am not sure if Brandon will be back next year but you can be sure we will do our best to field a top quality team. Luckily, the expansion of our sponsor focus into South America broadens our options. Jhonatan Narvaez has already told me he wants in on the team next year and we have been hearing rumors that next year's parcours might have more in it for a punchy rider like Jhonatan."
Edited by Ulrich Ulriksen on 12-06-2024 03:25

AbhishekLFC
Great ToA for the team and McNulty. Eastman was just a fraction stronger but it was great fight to follow. McNulty will only get stronger and that's a scary thought!

redordead
McNulty maintaining his "Cheat Code" status, congrats Smile

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Laurens147
Congrats UU! What a shame to lose it by such a small margin.
Anyway an example for me (and other managers for sure) how to build a succesful local based team Smile
MG - Lotto - Caloi
[MG] New Manager of the Year - PCM.daily Awards 2022

Fabianski
Definitely understand that this "random" defeat stings! McNulty now no longer has the chance to be the first US winner in ToA - but still, congrats on a great race overall! I didn't expect Brandon to make it such an insanely close race, with Eastman's climbing advantage - which turned out to be not as big as I expected. From an outside view, it was a fantastic fight until the penultimate stage, so you definitely put together a great race (both with your team and as a race designer)!

McNulty's time has already begun, and I'm sure we'll see many more great things from him - even though as mentioned in your post it might no longer be worth sending him to ToA, now that the "history writing" incentive is gone. But you could still be the first US team winning ToA with a US rider Wink

All the best for the final month of the year!

Imladrik
Congrats on the ToA result! Other races were less successful, but seing McNulty that high up is nice.

Good luck for the last month!

“...the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably."
A. Roy

Ulrich Ulriksen
i.imgur.com/efGEADm.png

McCormick Pro cycling congratulates Thomas Revard on achieving an important milestone for the team. In winning the King of the Mountains jersey in Euskal Bizikleta, with a brave breakaway ride, Revard becomes the first of the original McCormick core riders to score a win. The team looks forward to seeing many more successes from Revard and the other remaining members of that original class, Alex Hoehn, Zeke Mostov and Noah Granigan.

Revard leads over the Alto de Aiastia, the last climb of the race, to secure the KOM jersey.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2023/Reports/C1/Euskal/S4/16.jpg

Ulrich Ulriksen
With the 2023 season officially wrapped up I thought I would end McCormick’s fifth season and first in PCT with some awards. Very creative, I know. Diving straight in:

Young Rider of the Year

Prior Winners:
2022 Brandon McNulty
2021 Thanakhan Chaiyasombat
2020 Thomas Revard
2019 Daniel Habtemichael

This award has yet to be won by a McCormick rider riding in McCormick colors, with loan-ins winning ’19 and ’21 and a McCormick rider on loan winning in ’20 and ‘22. This year has one candidate who fits one of those categories – Gage Hecht, who had a strong season on loan at King Power highlighted by two days in the Maglia Azzurra.

But perhaps it is a sign of the team’s growth that this year there were three strong candidates riding on the team. Quinn Simmons was the team’s most active rider in breakaways and won the KOM jersey in the Tropicale Amissa Bongo. Andrea Bagioli was the team’s 4th highest scorer, had numerous strong white jersey performances and won his national road race title. In any other season all that would have won him this award in a landslide but this year there was a special competitor – Brandon McNulty.

McNulty was by far and away the team’s highest scorer. He won Young Rider’s jerseys in the Tour of America, the Tour de Suisse, the Tour of California and the Hong Kong Challenge. He also finished 2nd in the White Jersey competition at the Tour de France, meaning he was 1st or 2nd in the young rider competition in every race he entered except one (a race which we shall never speak of again). He also scored overall podiums in California and at the Tour of America and won the Hong Kong Challenge. On top of all that he won the team’s first ever stage at the Tour of America and came a frustratingly magnificent 2 seconds short of winning the race overall. And the winner is, for the second year in a row:

Spoiler
Brandon McNulty

Mateo Frankovic Domestique of the Year

Prior Winners:
2022 Alex Hoehn
2021 Roman Seigle
2020 Mateo Frankovic
2019 Mateo Frankovic

Former Domestique of the Year Roman Seigle often worked to set up our three-headed puncheur monster. Fikri Azka Mohammad brought his unique combination of skills to bear on two of our most successful races, the Tour of South Africa and the Tour of Lithuania, where his ability in the hills and role in the team time trial team were vital.

Another rider key to those TTT successes was Greg Daniel . Daniel also finished 7th in his one chance for team leadership, at the Tour of Norway and capped off his season by leading the USA World Champion Team Time Trial team across the line.

As the most important race of the McCormick season, the Tour of America is a key chance for our domestiques to show themselves. And this year our mountain squad did just that, repeatedly ripping apart the race. Charles Matte, Alex Hoehn, Thomas Revard, Lawrence Warbasse and Sepp Kuss all played a part on the front at that race as the road went uphill. Special recognition must go to Kuss for sacrificing his own GC ambitions to be the last man for McNulty and doing an outstanding job of putting the other challengers under pressure. A lot of good choices here and the winner is:

Spoiler
Sepp Kuss

Dan Holloway Rider of the Year

Prior Winners:
2022 Lawrence Warbasse
2021 Ian Boswell
2020 Sepp Kuss
2019 Dan Holloway

Typically, this award has gone to one of our leaders. This year in addition to Bagioli and McNulty, our top scorers were Maximilian Walscheid and Jhonatan Narvaez.

Walscheid had the most wins on the team while Narvaez was our second highest point scorer. His season was highlighted by 2nd overall at the Tour of South Africa and a repeat win in the Ecuadoran national road race. But really, who are we kidding here, the man ahead of Narvaez in points had almost 4x the number of points scored. And the winner is:

Spoiler
Brandon McNulty

MacC
Still feel gilty abut that Tour of America thing....

seancoll
Tough for anyone to even fight McNulty for awards. What an amazing rider and excited to see what he can do this upcoming year! Have to assume he'll be leading the awards for many years.
MG Manager - SEE Turtles

jandal7
Why are the other awards named after their progenitors but not the Daniel Habtemichael Young Rider of the Year? Pfft Though I think after the last two seasons, McNulty might have a better claim... and eventually he will probably have an argument against team legend Holloway for the Rider of the Year too!
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?