seancoll

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB: Support and Comments
sam1196
My computer is actually a sh*tty thing... But i doubt it changed. I try that, and what if that doesn't work?
VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO

lluuiiggii
Contact Cyanide support would be the next step I guess. Since you are sure that the "vanilla" game with the latest patch and no DB doesn't work, it seems to be a problem with the game rather than a DB.

sam1196
Ill try everything you said, tommorow... But i'm quite sure it always crashes
VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO

EdvaldBoassonHagen
I just installed the database . When comes the moment of choosing the equipment , i don't see anything , not even purple squares . So i launch the race and the riders are floating in the air without helmets and cycle . What should i do ?

lluuiiggii
Riders are floating and aren't using any equipment.
This means that the equipment isn't in the right folders, and thus you've probably not installed the Expansion Pack / 2013 DB correctly.

Install again and make sure that the Expansion Pack / 2013 DB is installed in the folder where your Pro Cycling Manager is installed.

In Steam, that's probably something like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012.

In other versions, it's C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Pro Cycling Manager - Season/Seizonen/Saison or something like that 2012

ppanther
Maybe you could add some CONTI teams. If we take a look at best teams 2013, these are the top15:

1. 31. La Pomme Marseille CONT 386
2. 32. Team Nippo - De Rosa CONT 335
3. 33. Drapac Cycling CONT 286
4. 35. Huon Salmon - Genesys Wealth Advisers CONT 233
5. 36. Synergy Baku Cycling Project CONT 213
6. 37. BigMat - Auber 93 CONT 208
7. 39. San Luis - Somos Todos CONT 197
8. 41. Adria Mobil CONT 170
9. 42. Christina Watches - Onfone CONT 167
10. 45. Team Gourmetfein - Simplon CONT 146
11. 46. Groupement Sportif Petrolier Algérie CONT 145
12. 47. Rabobank Development Team CONT 136
13. 48. Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies CONT 125
14. 49. Hengxiang Cycling Team CONT 125
15. 50. Cyclingteam De Rijke - Shanks CONT 120

I know you are not going to add Asian or South American teams, because they would lack races. Ok, maybe then it was a stupid example to post top15, because most european teams are already there. But to bring it to the point: Could you add Gourmetfein Simplon? I would consider them as Austrians best team these year. Zoidl, Eibegger, Pöstlberger and Kvasina should have a team and since Team Tirol is there, they should also be there.
Edited by ppanther on 09-04-2013 18:12

Rosenvold112
I've used your updates for many versions of PCM, and after I just bought PCM 2012, your update was the first thing on my list Smile

However, I am having a problem. All logos and most flags are just pink Squares - even the Team Logo on the main Career Screen. I tried to copy over the Local.cdb from the PCM Daily Backup-folder, but it didn't help Sad

I bought the game over Steam, and seemingly the game should be updated to 1.4.0.0 - but how do I check this?

Thanks in advance Smile

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:31
Bot Agent

IP: None  
CrueTrue
Steam auto-updates, so I can only assume it's 1.4.0.0.

Did you try the advice below the purple flags issue?

I still have purple flags after doing what's said above.
There seems to be an incompatibility issue with the Steam version of Pro Cycling Manager 2012.

Here's something that might work:
Open My Documents\Pro Cycling Manager 2012 and delete the Local.cdb~ file.
Open Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012\PCM.daily DB Backup and copy the Local.cdb to:
Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012\Database ... and to:
My Documents\Pro Cycling Manager 2012

If that still doesn't do the trick, you may need to mark the Local.cdb as read-only (right click the file -> Properties) after having copied it from the Backup folder.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Rosenvold112
Thanks a bunch for the quick answer. I didn't realize I was supposed to copy the file to the SteamApp directory. I'm sure that'll do the trick.

Am trying to re-install the entire game right now - which is quite troublesome through Steam, but thanks anyway Smile

lluuiiggii
If you're missing team logos, then there's another problem, which is that the files are not in the correct directories. So you might have installed the DB to the wrong directory (by default, it is installed to Program Files/Cyanide/Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012; you should change this to Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012).

The flags could also be because of this bad installation, since the flags used by the PCMDaily DB in the 2013 V1 are located in a new folder of the game (instead of using the same folder that the original game does). If however the problem with the flags still persists after the rest of the DB is installed ok ( = if you see team logos, equipment, etc, but not the flags), then it's probably related to the Local.cdb Wink

fickman
CrueTrue wrote:
I can only speak from experience. When I messed with numbers (increasing the amount of riders), the WC races would crash. It was OK as long as I switched two nations' allocations (e.g. 9 for Colombia, 4 for France), but whenever it didn't add up in the same way as before, it'd crash.

Now this may have been changed in PCM12 (or I may have screwed it up in the past), so it's worth a check anyhow.

Im playing in my 4 season and had no problems with crashes so i can say there is no problem to give a country like Colombia 7 riders like IRL as long as there are not more than 200 riders taking part of the race.

Goubazz
The torrent is very slow ? is-it normal ?

Jesleyh
I wanted to ask it in an other topic, but I figured out I could better ask it in this topic:
Will the next update only include WT riders stats(most of them cobbled and hills probably), or will the PCT stats and some CT stats also be changed, and more 2013 routes added and things like that? Wink
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Miguel98
Jesleyh wrote:
I wanted to ask it in an other topic, but I figured out I could better ask it in this topic:
Will the next update only include WT riders stats(most of them cobbled and hills probably), or will the PCT stats and some CT stats also be changed, and more 2013 routes added and things like that? Wink

I think PCT. Not shore about CT tough.

contsupreme
I've got a problem when downloading the link that Crue True posted on page 7 of the comments section. My download stops after like 15 mb and says "unknown network error" and I THEN I continued doing it again and again. Sane problemAngry Any solutions please?

kevtucks
Miguel98 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

I think PCT. Not shore about CT tough.

i think i read in earlier post(db stats discussion) that ct/pct teams were main concern/being concentrated on, and wt riders up to about now being updated.

Jesleyh
Well, the update is already released Wink
It's focussed on the WT.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

kevtucks
Jesleyh wrote:
It's focussed on the WT.

Where?

admirschleck
kevtucks wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
It's focussed on the WT.

Where?

https://www.mediaf...33yn66s89q