· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB: Support and Comments
Kodro
Hi there,

sorry if this problem already occured somewhere else on this forum but I didn't find a solution yet. I have successfully downloaded and installed the pcmdaily 2013.db (all in one), thank you for the great work! I manage to play single races or the tour de france, no problem but each time I try to start a career the game crashes. It crashes early in the game, even before I can pick a team, so probably a database problem? What should I do? Can somebody help me please? Thx!

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:30
Bot Agent

IP: None  
CrueTrue
There's been some reports about game crashes relating to the nationality of the manager. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself, so I don't know too much about it - but from what I've heard it won't crash when you're a French manager.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Jesleyh
CrueTrue wrote:
There's been some reports about game crashes relating to the nationality of the manager. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself, so I don't know too much about it - but from what I've heard it won't crash when you're a French manager.

That's strange. Now you mention it, when I tried to start a career with a random nationality(Danish in this case) 5 minutes ago it happened too.
But I'm always Dutch, and Dutch seems to work fine with starting careers Wink
I also tried some other countries, and some others seem to work fine too...

When I restarted the game after crashing, Denmark worked again.
I guess you just have to try it multiple times, and then it works Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 28-02-2013 14:52
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

FroomeDog99
Kentaurus wrote:
Soo... found myself with a problem.

Caleb Ewan won the Australian Road Race Championship for me in my career (see sig.) however each race that he runs after this (including TT), he wears a white UCI jersey with Europe written on the sides of the back. He should be wearing the default AUS_maillot_champion jersey (green and gold). I also tried adding a jersey for bls_maillot_aus (in the bls folder). Neither worked.

So then I started playing with things. The champ jerseys, including AUS worked fine for the next rider I tried to mess with, Ryan Eastman. And changing Ewan's nationality didn't help.

Anyhow what I found, was that changing his ID from 4532 to 1 fixed the problem. I'm guessing somewhere there is a spot where the game struggles with IDs higher than a certain number. I'm going to start fidgeting with the game to see if I can find that number, but I'd rather find a solution that allows the game to work fine with high numbers.

EDIT: Does not seem repeatable outside of my save, made a new save, didn't have this issue.

Riders wear that jersey when they are top of the Continental Rankings I think Wink
Edited by FroomeDog99 on 28-02-2013 14:56

cio93
FroomeDog99 wrote:
Kentaurus wrote:
Soo... found myself with a problem.

Caleb Ewan won the Australian Road Race Championship for me in my career (see sig.) however each race that he runs after this (including TT), he wears a white UCI jersey with Europe written on the sides of the back. He should be wearing the default AUS_maillot_champion jersey (green and gold). I also tried adding a jersey for bls_maillot_aus (in the bls folder). Neither worked.

So then I started playing with things. The champ jerseys, including AUS worked fine for the next rider I tried to mess with, Ryan Eastman. And changing Ewan's nationality didn't help.

Anyhow what I found, was that changing his ID from 4532 to 1 fixed the problem. I'm guessing somewhere there is a spot where the game struggles with IDs higher than a certain number. I'm going to start fidgeting with the game to see if I can find that number, but I'd rather find a solution that allows the game to work fine with high numbers.

EDIT: Does not seem repeatable outside of my save, made a new save, didn't have this issue.

Riders wear that jersey when they are top of the Continental Rankings I think Wink

Indeed, that wasn't a problem at all. If he took yellow in the TdF, you wouldn't want to change that back either Wink

Kodro
will give it a try this evening, thanks!!Smile

Batigol19
In my opinion, the faces take up too much MBs and don't look much good in PCM11-12 (not much recognizable), so we've decided to left it out of the "main" download. But for cases like this, there are good news: as has been mentioned some times, we're planning on releasing some extras to the V1, among which will also be a .cdb with all 127 faces allowed by the game.
Luigi: when can I expect faces pack please? Soon? or not?

Enemy1604
Why don´t cyclist any helmets and clothes

lluuiiggii
Enemy1604 wrote:
Why don´t cyclist any helmets and clothes

Because you haven't installed it correctly Wink Pfft

Install again and make sure that the 2013 DB is installed in the folder where your Pro Cycling Manager is installed.

In Steam, that's probably something like C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2012.

In other versions, it's C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Pro Cycling Manager - Season/Seizonen/Saison or something like that 2012.

Batigol19
usually there is always a topic on creating the faces of riders. And then nothing! Besides the topic "some faces that are in the game," there is no link, no pack and when I ask or look in the various forums of the game there is little or nothing. The only link was the 127 faces for PCM2011 by "jomo". But even this link no longer exists in the forum. I have a beautiful 2013 Database PCMDAILY but lack faces.
HELP

AiZaK
Hello, Is Amissa Bongo race in the game??
Edited by AiZaK on 03-03-2013 13:03

lluuiiggii
Batigol19 wrote:
usually there is always a topic on creating the faces of riders. And then nothing! Besides the topic "some faces that are in the game," there is no link, no pack and when I ask or look in the various forums of the game there is little or nothing. The only link was the 127 faces for PCM2011 by "jomo". But even this link no longer exists in the forum. I have a beautiful 2013 Database PCMDAILY but lack faces.
HELP

Now they are released Pfft
https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=28481

AiZaK wrote:
Hello, Is Amissa Bongo race in the game??

No.

fickman
At last Year UCI Road World Championships Elite Men Colombia participated with 7 riders at National Teams gene_i_num_cyclist_WC Colombia only has 4.

fickman
STA_region might need an overhaulin some columns arent quite real.

lluuiiggii
fickman wrote:
STA_region might need an overhaulin some columns arent quite real.

What do you mean, more specifically?

fickman
Isnt Luis Leon Sanchez suspended???

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-...on-sanchez

Blueprint
fickman wrote:

Yes, but that's his team's decision. As there is no end date for this yet, it's hard to implement such a suspension into a database. Besides, if you choose to manage Blanco, you can make a different decision, would be strange if the database would force you to suspend him yourself. So I think it's a good call to let him race.

fickman
Blueprint wrote:
fickman wrote:

Yes, but that's his team's decision. As there is no end date for this yet, it's hard to implement such a suspension into a database. Besides, if you choose to manage Blanco, you can make a different decision, would be strange if the database would force you to suspend him yourself. So I think it's a good call to let him race.

I understand, but since I want to start my career as real as posible and he hasnt race untill now if i want to give him a 90 days ban can I use same ban as Alex Rasmussen??? Injury 3???

CrueTrue
fickman wrote:
At last Year UCI Road World Championships Elite Men Colombia participated with 7 riders at National Teams gene_i_num_cyclist_WC Colombia only has 4.

They can't be entirely correct since there's a limit on teams and riders.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
fickman
CrueTrue wrote:
fickman wrote:

They can't be entirely correct since there's a limit on teams and riders.

I was told everythin under 200 riders its ok and at the moment with 7 riders for Colombia I think there are 167.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
The future of the cobbles
The future of the cobbles