· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
cactus-jack
There's one thing I've been wondering about; will you still see GC-riders getting a Top 10 in sprint stages?

It's pretty anoying when you're in the Tour and you've more or less won the green jersey before the last stage only to see Contador get a 7th in Paris so that he wins it...

Edit: As a more general question; are the sprints still as God awfull as they were last year? 8000 riders up in front, AI trains that never break apart ever, you sprinter simply stopping for absolutely no reason only to continue pedaling after making sure he's just so far behind that he can't win, etc...

I've simply given up on sprinting in PCM11. I haven't played a flat stage in God knows how long.
Edited by cactus-jack on 02-08-2012 22:50
There's a fine line between "psychotherapist" and "psycho the rapist"

www.pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2013/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2013/avatar.png

Pellizotti2
Started testing the game today, but I'm not very fond of it so far.

Above all, I hate the new interface. It's a bit too small for my liking and it's much less clear than in PCM11. Also dislike the removal of the protection panel and the new hotkeys. I really can't see why they had to move them. I press the wrong button all the time.

However, one of few things I like so far is the gameplay. I've only played a few stages, but I'm pretty happy with how it has worked so far.
Edited by Pellizotti2 on 04-08-2012 21:47
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Tempo
Really not fond of this game. I have loved all them since cycling manager 2! But this one is a joke. The amount of mountain stages i have burnt 4 or 5 riders out and the peloton is still 60+ is beyond funny. And they seem in no hurry to fix it!

And the interface looks awful and half finished.

Mr_Monk
The thing that I don't like the most is that the pause button retracts. It takes to long to pause the game, they should have made it like the pevious versions and had it stay open untill you wanted it to retract.

lluuiiggii
Mr_Monk wrote:
The thing that I don't like the most is that the pause button retracts. It takes to long to pause the game, they should have made it like the pevious versions and had it stay open untill you wanted it to retract.

You can use the P shortcut, as well as + and - to increase/lower the speed Wink

Mr_Monk
lluuiiggii wrote:
Mr_Monk wrote:

You can use the P shortcut, as well as + and - to increase/lower the speed Wink

Really, you can press "p" and it pauses/unpauses?
I never bother looking at the shortcuts because I usually don't remember them anyways Pfft

Pellizotti2
You've never used the 'P' button to pause? Shock

I wouldn't be able to play if I had to click the pause in the menu every time. Would be too slow. :lol:
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

Mr_Monk
Pellizotti2 wrote:
You've never used the 'P' button to pause? Shock

I wouldn't be able to play if I had to click the pause in the menu every time. Would be too slow. :lol:

Exactly, it sucks Sad
But now that I know about the p button, my impression of PCM12 has gone way up Grin

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:32
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Ian Butler
I'm accustomed to the game by now, playing it for over a month, and I gotta say I remain enthusiastic about it. The interface needs getting used to, but when you're used to it, it's definitely great. In PCM 2011 it filled too much of the screen, now you can see more of the race and the nice graphics.
@Cactus-Jack: I haven't played that many sprints but so far they're quite good imo. So far I've had some trains that didn't make it to the finish, I didn't have Contador-riders in top 10 (but I didn't race on Champs-Elysée yet) and my sprinters seem to do what I want (unfortunately, what I want is mostly a disaster for my results Pfft).
However, I haven't sprinted that many times (maybe only a 25 sprints so far), so I can't confirm 100%.

Miguel98
I'm been playing the game for a while and two things I noted:

On a breakway, if you attack with a rider to win the stage, everyone will chase, but if another rider from another team attacks, nobody will chase. WTF CYANIDEAngry. Then, the new interface is too complicated. I have to press pause everytime to do something. In sprint, If you have a great sprinter you can't win stages. I haven't won a single sprint stage and I played probably over 200 sprints. The sponsor contract can't get renewed. Did Cyanide only tought for 1 year on Armada and then spend 1 week doing the rest?

cio93
Miguel98 wrote:
Did Cyanide only tought for 1 year on Armada and then spend 1 week doing the rest?

This is a common opinion in this forum, yes Wink

lluuiiggii
Miguel98 wrote:
I'm been playing the game for a while and two things I noted:

On a breakway, if you attack with a rider to win the stage, everyone will chase, but if another rider from another team attacks, nobody will chase. WTF CYANIDEAngry.

There are so many factors that interference in that.. rider ability, GC position, etc etc

Miguel98 wrote:
The sponsor contract can't get renewed.

Yes it can after the latest patch. And surprisingly, the process is more logical than I'd have imagined Cyanide to have done it.

Hayfisch
After one season(only one massive problem):
1. category and HC category mountains no problem for sprinters-> so the whole peloton reach the last mountain. Tried with several databases and it's every the same shit. I don't know why CYA can't solve that problem.

cilldroichid
Miguel98 wrote:
On a breakway, if you attack with a rider to win the stage, everyone will chase, but if another rider from another team attacks, nobody will chase. WTF CYANIDEAngry.

I've played over 100 stages in career mode now and i have not seen that, in fact if anything its the opposite way. There is a breakaway in nearly every stage and without fail it is caught before the finish, with the exception of some cobbles races, with and without me helping the chase.

Miguel98 wrote:
In sprint, If you have a great sprinter you can't win stages. I haven't won a single sprint stage and I played probably over 200 sprints.

Again i'm getting the opposite impression, i'm winning too many sprints but that might be partly due a pre-season training camp and playing on normal difficulty.

Miguel98 wrote:
Then, the new interface is too complicated. I have to press pause everytime to do something.

As PCM2012 is my first version of the game i can't comment on previous interfaces but i don't find anything to difficult about the current interface. I agree with having to press pause evertime is annoying, i feel that is to do with the timescale of the races which in my opinion is way to fast. Thats the one major thing i think is poor with the game there should be a option for real time scale particularly in the final 20km's.

I'm really enjoying PCM and i think PCM has gained a lifelong fan. However i've only being playing PCM for about a month so maybe as i play it more i will notice more things wrong with the game, as the long termers here seem to.

cio93
cilldroichid wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:
In sprint, If you have a great sprinter you can't win stages. I haven't won a single sprint stage and I played probably over 200 sprints.

Again i'm getting the opposite impression, i'm winning too many sprints but that might be partly due a pre-season training camp and playing on normal difficulty.

Yep, that's it. For players used to the game a bit, I think hard difficulty and no training camps should be the basis to determine sprint AI.

cilldroichid wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:
Then, the new interface is too complicated. I have to press pause everytime to do something.

As PCM2012 is my first version of the game i can't comment on previous interfaces but i don't find anything to difficult about the current interface. I agree with having to press pause evertime is annoying, i feel that is to do with the timescale of the races which in my opinion is way to fast. Thats the one major thing i think is poor with the game there should be a option for real time scale particularly in the final 20km's.

I'm really enjoying PCM and i think PCM has gained a lifelong fan. However i've only being playing PCM for about a month so maybe as i play it more i will notice more things wrong with the game, as the long termers here seem to.

There we have another problem. As a newbie, it might seem fine, but many of us who were used to 2011, it's much more complicated that it used to be without adding features worth that.
Edited by cio93 on 05-08-2012 16:26

Pellizotti2
What the fawk have Cyanide done with the .dem files? I just noticed that there's files missing even in places like Italy. I knew that the number of files was lower than in the previous games, but this is just ridiculous. Why remove them? Why? Angry

I'll copy my PCM11 files, but still. This made me angry.

lluuiiggii
Pellizotti2 wrote:
What the fawk have Cyanide done with the .dem files? I just noticed that there's files missing even in places like Italy. I knew that the number of files was lower than in the previous games, but this is just ridiculous. Why remove them? Why? Angry

I'll copy my PCM11 files, but still. This made me angry.

I believe it's to save space in the disk. Same reason as to why they'll release a stages pack, rather than including it in the game from the beginning.

valverde321
I think most go on holiday in August, yes. Dont know if thats the cause of the delay or not though.

And lets be thankful (and hopeful) that the final patch wont be in October like PCM 10 Pfft

cio93
valverde321 wrote:
I think most go on holiday in August, yes. Dont know if thats the cause of the delay or not though.

They shouldn't deserve any holidays before they fixed the basics of the game Wink Pfft

Avin Wargunnson
valverde321 wrote:

And lets be thankful (and hopeful) that the final patch wont be in October like PCM 10 Pfft

I would not be so sure about that. Wink
I'll be back

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots