View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2013
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB Stats discussion
Pellizotti2
Jesleyh wrote:
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Don't forget that if he hadn't lost the 10 minutes, they wouldn't have given him space, others would defend their podium spot against him etc.
Cutting 10 minutes off his time is just not fair.

Tell me, where did he gain time on the other contenders because they allowed him space?

Well, I really don't know, haven't watched every second on my holiday. I just mean that you can't just cut 10 minutes off his time, that'd be unfair I think.

Of course not, but the point remains:

He never gained back any of the time he lost to Froome and Purito, and only a few seconds on Quintana in the 2nd TT.

Jesleyh wrote:
Pellizotti2 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:
Also, Purito can go to 80MO(I compare with Fickman's list btw), and just very high REC.

Nah, he deserves 81. Apart from one bad day, he was the 3rd best climber at the Tour.

Hmm... Maybe.
But a 80MO & High REC would make him the 3rd best climber in the TdF as well, since he'd be stronger in the Alps than the other climbers at 80MO.

The margin was bigger than that, though. Just look at the gap from Froome to Valverde on the stage to Semnoz, or the amount of time Purito and Quintana gained on the rest on Alpe d'Huez.

To me, it's obvious that those three were far better than everyone else.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

CountArach
Looking at someone more obscure, I haven't got a chance to check the DB but I'm willing to bet that Olivier Chevalier of Wallonie Credit is slightly wrong. I'm watching Tour of Wallonie now and he went over the hills in the front group of about 25. He also won the hilly 1.2 Ronde van Limburg earlier this year and numerous low level results on hilly courses. 72 or so for hill stat seems about right with a potential 4 or 5 given he is only 23.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

fickman
Jesleyh like u have said a lot of times to other people if u dont agree with the stats u r free to edit them in your DB.
Abot Mollema im not sure how ill he was, its the same thing with him and other blanco riders in the last week of Grand Tours, they allways get ill or crash and while others have big balls to continue like Peraud they allways play the im ill, I crashed car. Almost averyone on the Top 10 went to the flor.
Mollema and Ten Dam had a great 1 and 2 week at Vuelta de España last Year and then they disappeared, coincidence???

Jesleyh
fickman wrote:
Jesleyh like u have said a lot of times to other people if u dont agree with the stats u r free to edit them in your DB.
Abot Mollema im not sure how ill he was, its the same thing with him and other blanco riders in the last week of Grand Tours, they allways get ill or crash and while others have big balls to continue like Peraud they allways play the im ill, I crashed car. Almost averyone on the Top 10 went to the flor.
Mollema and Ten Dam had a great 1 and 2 week at Vuelta de España last Year and then they disappeared, coincidence???

No, Mollema seriously had something since Tuesday. Though I agree that he wouldn't be able to hold on to his 2nd place otherwise, but maybe 5th.
And I don't say that to other people a lot of time, would be pretty dumb if I would say that. Grin
And what do you mean? That's only with Gesink. Pfft I don't disagree with Mollema & Ten Dam's stats yet, since haven't seen the after-the-Tour stats yet.
And c'mon. Because 1 rider(Gesink) always crashes or get ill and use that as an excuse, it's not like every Belkin rider is like that, that's mean Wink
And for your last point(which is invalid anyway, since Mollema wasn't a leader and I think not even a co-leader there, and Ten Dam had about the same role as in this Tour), you could use REC stat Pfft
Edited by Jesleyh on 22-07-2013 16:05
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

valverde321
Jesleyh wrote:
raulvasa_9 wrote:
I think Valverde shiuld have 81 in Mountain, and 82 in hills, the same stats than Rodriguez. Don´t forget that without 10 minutes lost in the flat, he would finished 2 on GC, and after that he became to work for Quintana, and he finished in very high positions the climbs

No, I don't think that.
Don't forget that if he hadn't lost the 10 minutes, they wouldn't have given him space, others would defend their podium spot against him etc.
Cutting 10 minutes off his time is just not fair.

Also, 82 hills? Dafuq, why? Pfft

Well, when did he even get space? I dont remember him getting anything significant that wasn't brought back a few km's later.

About the hills, he's one of the best imo, but 82 is probably too high, since Purito and Gilbert etc. all have 80. I think the Hill stats could actually do with being a little higher f.e. Purito could be an 81 though

Ian Butler
Just a general question here. Why don't we use stats up to 85 for the database? We have a range from 50 - 85 and it seems useless to only fill it up to 80 in some cases... Room for improvement could be a good reason but even then Gilbert/Rodriguez at hill 80 would be strange because it's not like they'll improve to 85 and they are among the world top so why not 83/84?

Jesleyh
@Valv Said that to Pelli as well, I don't know, just thought that'd happen, I didn't watch every minute on my holiday Wink

And yes, that's why I thought 82HI was ridiculous Pfft

@Ian Good question!
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Spilak23
Ian Butler wrote:
Just a general question here. Why don't we use stats up to 85 for the database? We have a range from 50 - 85 and it seems useless to only fill it up to 80 in some cases... Room for improvement could be a good reason but even then Gilbert/Rodriguez at hill 80 would be strange because it's not like they'll improve to 85 and they are among the world top so why not 83/84?

I think 85 is for the best guys ever in a certain discipline.

For example at the top of their level only Bahamontes, Gaul, Pantani..deserve 85 mountain.

Hence why potential 8 isn't used either.

Ian Butler
That's so useless. They're not around anymore. So why not make the strongest in the discipline NOW 85? Just seems like a waste...

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
valverde321
Ian Butler wrote:

I think in past PCM's a lower hill stat made for better gameplay and more realistic results.

Ian Butler
Because the time differences in the Tour are less significant compared to mountain stages? Or how is it explained? Smile

fickman
Jesleyh wrote:
And I don't say that to other people a lot of time, would be pretty dumb if I would say that. Grin
And what do you mean? That's only with Gesink. Pfft I don't disagree with Mollema & Ten Dam's stats yet, since haven't seen the after-the-Tour stats yet.
And c'mon. Because 1 rider(Gesink) always crashes or get ill and use that as an excuse, it's not like every Belkin rider is like that, that's mean Wink
And for your last point(which is invalid anyway, since Mollema wasn't a leader and I think not even a co-leader there, and Ten Dam had about the same role as in this Tour), you could use REC stat Pfft

I think u allready forgot how often u were saying that before the Giro when people were asking to lower Gesink stats Wink
Some Belkin fans were claiming the only reason why Mollema and Ten Dam couldnt hold their palce in the GC was because of illnes and a crash in the TT (i must say i didnt saw Ten Dam on the flor or read about it and only saw Mollema going against the barriers, but couldt see any wounds on both of them) So as u can see the crash illnes thing not only apply to Gesink but on both of them as well.
Mollema iirc had a free rolle untill stage 8 were he cracked completly before that he was even netter place than Gesink in the GC.
As u can see there are some similarities between Vuelta 2012 and this Tour (awsome 1 week and then progressive lost of places in the GC)
And giving him 79 MO only beacuse of 1 Stage in the whole year is too much. 78 and low REC is fine.

Alakagom
fickman wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

I think u allready forgot how often u were saying that before the Giro when people were asking to lower Gesink stats Wink
Some Belkin fans were claiming the only reason why Mollema and Ten Dam couldnt hold their palce in the GC was because of illnes and a crash in the TT (i must say i didnt saw Ten Dam on the flor or read about it and only saw Mollema going against the barriers, but couldt see any wounds on both of them) So as u can see the crash illnes thing not only apply to Gesink but on both of them as well.
Mollema iirc had a free rolle untill stage 8 were he cracked completly before that he was even netter place than Gesink in the GC.
As u can see there are some similarities between Vuelta 2012 and this Tour (awsome 1 week and then progressive lost of places in the GC)
And giving him 79 MO only beacuse of 1 Stage in the whole year is too much. 78 and low REC is fine.

And to end the debate, he'll have 78. No need for further discussion really. 78 suits him perfectly at this time.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Jesleyh
Meh, you ruined the fun Alak Sad

But okay Wink

fcancellara
Rodriguez 80 MO? Seriously? He sucked in the Pyrenees.
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
Spilak23
fcancellara wrote:
Rodriguez 80 MO? Seriously? He sucked in the Pyrenees.

81 iirc. And deservedly so. 4th on Ventoux, 2nd on Alpe, 2nd on Semnoz

baseballlover312
I agree partially with Ian. While 85 is kind of weird with hills, and the races being so tight and random in the Ardennes lately. Although for other disciplines I agree completely. Froome should have 83/84 if he is matching times of the best dopers ever.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Alakagom
It's likely both Froome and Quintana will have 83.
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

baseballlover312
Alakagom wrote:

I don't agree. I'd rather have Quintana at 82+ higher recovery and fighter than Froome.

Or put Froombot at 84. I don't see that as far fetched.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Spilak23
Alakagom wrote:

If you put Froome and Quintana at the same, Quintana should overtake Froome very fast because he should improve much quicker no?

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Pantani Attacks!
Pantani Attacks!