Ollfardh

· Total Members: 161,116
· Newest Member: Bogger
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
gotlandrules
Still, Majka should be 78...... Don't get why he's so overhyped and overestimated by everyone after going into the break a few times in the Tour?

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 10:35
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Arberg27
The Schleck Fan wrote:
In my opninion(Mountain stats
83:Contador-Froome(maybe Froome's STA or REC 1 lower from Contador)
82:Nibali-Quintana
80:Valverde,Rodríguez,Aru,Pinot,Peraud
79:Uran, TVG, Majka, Bardet,Pozzovivo,Porte(with low recovery),Rolland,D.Martin and maybe Gesink

I agree with you Smile

Silvio Herklotz
gotlandrules wrote:
Still, Majka should be 78...... Don't get why he's so overhyped and overestimated by everyone after going into the break a few times in the Tour?

Because he not only won two stages from a breakaway as well as the mountain jersey, but also maintained his lead on the favourites pretty well if I'm not mistaken. You should also take into account that his TdF preparation was pretty bad as he wasn't planning to go there and he already raced a very strong Giro getting sixth. That's why people hype him so much.

So I think 79 should be appropriate.

baseballlover312
Silvio Herklotz wrote:
gotlandrules wrote:

Because he not only won two stages from a breakaway as well as the mountain jersey, but also maintained his lead on the favourites pretty well if I'm not mistaken. You should also take into account that his TdF preparation was pretty bad as he wasn't planning to go there and he already raced a very strong Giro getting sixth. That's why people hype him so much.

So I think 79 should be appropriate.

78 isn't a bad stat. I think if the player managed everything like Majka did with 78 he could do the same thing. It wouldn't happen if he was AI, but that's just because the Ai would be never work like that. Instead, they would make him a GC powerhouse and he'd be podiuming in weaker fields like the Tour.

I just think that when you take into account people in the stats around him, he is 78.

But they already said that wouldn't be changed so no use debating.

Anyway, I'm going out on a limb here and finally saying it. He was only 6 seconds behind Aru last stage. Dan Martin 78 mountain.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Arberg27
gotlandrules wrote:

In the Giro, he was the strongest in the beginning, until disease. In the tour he was the second strongest in the mountains, after Nibali as was in crazy shape and much better than all.
Edited by Arberg27 on 09-09-2014 23:28

Silvio Herklotz
Arberg27 wrote:
gotlandrules wrote:

In the Giro, he was the strongest in the beginning, until disease. In the tour he was the second strongest in the mountains, after Nibali as was in crazy shape and much better than all.

I wouldn't say that. You should not forget that while the other GC contenders had to perform on every stage, Majka pretty much did nothing for two weeks building up his form and saving energy, then in week three when it got really hard for everybody else, he had the best legs.

trekbmc
baseballlover312 wrote:

Anyway, I'm going out on a limb here and finally saying it. He was only 6 seconds behind Aru last stage. Dan Martin 78 mountain.

In your support, on that stage Dan Martin had a mechanical or crash or something and he (and his team) had to expend very large amounts of energy getting back on, so to finish 6 seconds behind Aru after that is pretty amazing, so I agree with 79 MO.

"What done is, is one." - Benji Naesen

Arberg27
Contador maybe 84 MO, But I will wait for the Vuelta is finished.

Contador has defeated Froome in all stage races this year and he has easily beaten Quintana and Nibali throughout the year.
Edited by Arberg27 on 10-09-2014 01:09

Arberg27
Silvio Herklotz wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:
gotlandrules wrote:

I wouldn't say that. You should not forget that while the other GC contenders had to perform on every stage, Majka pretty much did nothing for two weeks building up his form and saving energy, then in week three when it got really hard for everybody else, he had the best legs.

Yes, as I said, I also agree with Schleck Fan stats Smile
Edited by Arberg27 on 10-09-2014 01:07

matt17br
Arberg27 wrote:

Contador has defeated Froome in all stage races this year and he has easily beaten Quintana and Nibali throughout the year.

The top stat in the daily db for now is 83. There must be the possibility for the younger riders to be at the same level of the current champions Wink

http://v.ht/Matt17
Ollfardh
matt17br wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:

The top stat in the daily db for now is 83. There must be the possibility for the younger riders to be at the same level of the current champions Wink

I still think Martin's dominance should get 84 TT Pfft

And I know it's mostly Contador/Froome this week, but aren't people forgetting how good Nibali was in the Tour and how good Quintana was in the Giro? I wouldn't put Contador more then 1 point ahead of them, and I'm unsure if Froome even should be ahead of them.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

matt17br
Ollfardh wrote:
matt17br wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:

I still think Martin's dominance should get 84 TT Pfft

And I know it's mostly Contador/Froome this week, but aren't people forgetting how good Nibali was in the Tour and how good Quintana was in the Giro? I wouldn't put Contador more then 1 point ahead of them, and I'm unsure if Froome even should be ahead of them.

84 TT will be too much if his TT stat is already compensate with 2 points of difference between him and the rest of the world.
The mountain stats are already good.
Everyone has a different vision on them becuase of the fact that Froome and Contador got retired from the tour. So there aren't really complete comparsions. Only between Froome and Contador, so they must stay on the same level.
My point of view is this:
If any one didn't demonstrate a domination in the mountains there should be the big 4 on the same level that in this case should be 82 (the same with the cobbles)
But as you can see all the stats are very subjective and everyone has its own vision on them Wink
Edited by matt17br on 10-09-2014 10:02

Ollfardh
Well, Martin shouldn't just win TTs, he should win them with a big gap as well. Although it may be boring in PCM, Martin should win 95% of the TT's. I'm not sure if a 2 point gap is enough for that.

I can agree with you on the MO stat, although I's still give Contador a slight edge over the other 3.

All in all, a lot of stats vary over the years, but there are certainties that should get an 84 in my opinion. Not 85, cause there should always be a chance that someone will be better. BUt the way martin has been dominating the time trials the last few years, that's an (exceptional) 84 for me. Or at least more then 2 points over the rest.

Maybe the same thing applies to Cancellara's endurance, he might also deserve an 84 or a few points over the others, because he can do impossible stuff at the end of a 250+ km race. He can close/create impossible gaps and suddenly has a great sprint.

But other then that yeah, we had the best sprinter/climber/puncheur change a few times over the past few years, so I think the field should be much more even there.
Changed my sig, this was getting absurd.

Forever the Best
Ollfardh wrote:
Well, Martin shouldn't just win TTs, he should win them with a big gap as well. Although it may be boring in PCM, Martin should win 95% of the TT's. I'm not sure if a 2 point gap is enough for that.

I can agree with you on the MO stat, although I's still give Contador a slight edge over the other 3.

All in all, a lot of stats vary over the years, but there are certainties that should get an 84 in my opinion. Not 85, cause there should always be a chance that someone will be better. BUt the way martin has been dominating the time trials the last few years, that's an (exceptional) 84 for me. Or at least more then 2 points over the rest.

Maybe the same thing applies to Cancellara's endurance, he might also deserve an 84 or a few points over the others, because he can do impossible stuff at the end of a 250+ km race. He can close/create impossible gaps and suddenly has a great sprint.

But other then that yeah, we had the best sprinter/climber/puncheur change a few times over the past few years, so I think the field should be much more even there.

Yeah it also could be like this.
Contador 83
Froome,Nibali,Quintana 82
After thinking this stats between the big 4 is better.Because Contador is also better than Froome.
Edited by Forever the Best on 10-09-2014 10:36
The user formerly known as 'The Schleck Fan'
Gracias Alberto.

matt17br
Ollfardh wrote:

Well, if there is a rider that could deserve 84, well he is Tony Martin.
But I'm fairly sure that his 83 stat and his minor-stats will make probably nearly impossible to beat him.

AiZaK
I think that Tony Martin 84 in CRI is perfect.

Arberg27
IMO Wiggins is nearly on Martins level.

Silvio Herklotz
Arberg27 wrote:
IMO Wiggins is nearly on Martins level.

Let's talk about that after the WC ITT Wink Because I seriously doubt that. Last year he won with such a big margin..

gotlandrules
Arberg27 wrote:
gotlandrules wrote:

Thats just 2 big lies.

AiZaK
Hello people! The Mountain in the Vuelta is finished. What do you think about the Top Climbers???

Contador 83/84
Froome 83
Quintana 82
Nibali 82
Valverde 80/81
Purito 80/81
Aru 80

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?