· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
PCM.daily DB: Support and Comments
lluuiiggii
MartijnVDD wrote:
I don't know if this is a database or game issue, but I think it's annoying that KBK is considered a cobbled race, while in real life it almost always ends up in a bunch sprint.
The reason I'm saying this is because I read somewhere that some races have been improved in the database to make the AI smarter. Is KBK one of them?

This is on the game. The only way to avoid that would be to replace the stage for one that has no cobbled sections, but that's not much realistic either.

You probably read that in the latest news, which talk about the Public Beta release. But I guess you misunderstood it a bit: the race participation has been improved, so the AI is smarter when choosing which races they'll use as preparation. The gameplay we can't change, that's coded in the game Wink
Edited by lluuiiggii on 11-02-2013 21:50

Nookie_85
hey guys, i am waiting for the full version of pcmdaily's 2013 DB. i just already downloaded the offlicial vairiant pack from cyanide. will the final version of the pcmdaily 2013 DB include some more variants? if yes...to which extent?

Jesleyh
Nookie_85 wrote:
hey guys, i am waiting for the full version of pcmdaily's 2013 DB. i just already downloaded the offlicial vairiant pack from cyanide. will the final version of the pcmdaily 2013 DB include some more variants? if yes...to which extent?

@Nookie_85 Yes, it will contain some more 2013 routes I think.

Are you saying that you only have downloaded the Cyanide Variant Pack?
You should also download the other PCMdaily expansion packs first! Wink
These downloads are necassary to make the 2013 PCMdaily DB's work! Also, these files include a lot more variants and equipment and stats etc.
So download them first. It are these ones:
1. PCM.daily's Expansion Pack for Patch 1.3.0.0.
(https://www.pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro...hp?did=888)
2. Expansion Pack for Patch 1.4.0.0 - Update from 1.3.0.0
(https://www.pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro...hp?did=896)
Edited by Jesleyh on 14-02-2013 15:10
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

raulvasa_9
Hi guys, at first I wanna congratulations to all the people who have participated in this amazing proyect. In my case, I bought the game 2 weeks ago, and I was looking for a new year´s db, so I feel great when I found this proyect that include not only a db 2012, indeed new races, 2013 stages and real bikes and wheels.

I also wanna say that I have been trying to play for 10 days, but I have always done the same wrong step. If you don´t have the English version of the game, when you install the game the folder have a vernacular name (I have the Spanish one, so the folder is PCM.../TEMPORADA 2012). Later, when you try to install the packs by default you are installing in the folder PCM.../SEASON 2012), so you are installing in a new folder. That´s why when you try to have a race in 3D, you can´t see the bikes and the helmets, and many teams have a white maillot. You have to install it in the original folder an overwrite (in my case, in PCM.../TEMPORADA 2012.

Finally, I just want to play the final edition of the game, and I have 3 questions. 1) Will you change some stats in some cyclist.
2) Will you launch it before the UCI decision of take 18 or 19 World Tour Team?? because I think if they decide to pull out of the WT Saxo or Argos, they will go to the CAS as Katusha did, and it will never ends.
3) Will you add 2013 stages in La Vuelta??

Thank you

lluuiiggii
Well, you have yourself clarified your problem - so does it still happen? If yes, assuming that you're installing to the correct folder, make sure that you have all the installations (this, then this and finally this).

As for your questions:
1) Yes, stats are being edited all the time, although lately our stat maker has been a bit busier than usually. If you have any suggestions, specially on the smaller riders, they much appreciated in the stats discussion thread Wink
2) Probably. As you said that might still take some time to be fully solved, so waiting for it might not be the best idea.
3) As soon as the community finishes it, but currently only 12 or 13 stages are done iirc Wink

AiZaK
Luigi are you going to add KATUSHA in World Tour??? But UCI says that Saxo or Argos are going to Continental???
I think the best is the same 18 teams WT and you add Katusha; 19 teams

raulvasa_9
lluuiiggii wrote:
Well, you have yourself clarified your problem - so does it still happen? If yes, assuming that you're installing to the correct folder, make sure that you have all the installations (this, then this and finally this).

As for your questions:
1) Yes, stats are being edited all the time, although lately our stat maker has been a bit busier than usually. If you have any suggestions, specially on the smaller riders, they much appreciated in the stats discussion thread Wink
2) Probably. As you said that might still take some time to be fully solved, so waiting for it might not be the best idea.
3) As soon as the community finishes it, but currently only 12 or 13 stages are done iirc Wink

Yes, now I can play 3D races with all the right items Smile I just wanna help new people who have the same problem than I had. Only a suggestion, when you are choosing helmets, all of them have 6 stars... except special helmets (points, mountain and time of the tour, giro and vuelta). It´s the only 'bug' I have found.
Ok, I can wait for the other 8 stages Smile
thank you for your effort¡¡

lluuiiggii
raulvasa_9 wrote:
Only a suggestion, when you are choosing helmets, all of them have 6 stars... except special helmets (points, mountain and time of the tour, giro and vuelta). It´s the only 'bug' I have found.

From the FAQ Wink
All the equipment is marked as bought and has equal stats/number of stars
Again, that's intentional. Teams don't buy equipment IRL, so there's no reason for them to do so in the game. In terms of stats: Since equipment has zero influence on how your riders perform, there's no reason to give individual stats to the equipment.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 04:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
raulvasa_9
lluuiiggii wrote:
raulvasa_9 wrote:
Only a suggestion, when you are choosing helmets, all of them have 6 stars... except special helmets (points, mountain and time of the tour, giro and vuelta). It´s the only 'bug' I have found.

From the FAQ Wink
All the equipment is marked as bought and has equal stats/number of stars
Again, that's intentional. Teams don't buy equipment IRL, so there's no reason for them to do so in the game. In terms of stats: Since equipment has zero influence on how your riders perform, there's no reason to give individual stats to the equipment.

Yes, I realised that all bikes, wheels and helmets have 6 stars... all of them EXCEPT the special helmets, that only have 4 stars. I think if you put this kind of helmets in 6 stars, we can choose them without bad influence in the race Smile

lluuiiggii
raulvasa_9 wrote:
Yes, I realised that all bikes, wheels and helmets have 6 stars... all of them EXCEPT the special helmets, that only have 4 stars. I think if you put this kind of helmets in 6 stars, we can choose them without bad influence in the race Smile

It's not the fact that equipment stats have no effect because they all are the same: equipment stats are all the same because, as far as we know, they have no effect in game. So if you have a 4 or a 6 star equipment, theorically it should be the same , so you don't need to worry about that Wink
Edited by lluuiiggii on 16-02-2013 03:12

rastaff
hey, first i need to say is that you are doing a great job to work on a updated database.
now my question: would it be possible to chance the giro del piemonte from flat into a hilly stage. because it has quite a hilly final and so it was won by uran, moreno and gilbert in the last years. i would really appreciate that. thanks and keep the great work rolling!

CrueTrue
Unfortunately, Cyanide has changed this from being something the DB makers decided to something the game automatically detects based on the stage details (and it's quite a mystery what makes the game decide whether it's the one or the other).

http://www.pcmdaily.com
rastaff
strange thing but thanks for the very quick reply

arnelesaffer
Hi,

Should I wait to start a carreer for a long time Smile with this Beta version of the DB or should I better wait until the release of the final version (when will that be?).

Thanks and very nice work!

CrueTrue
We'll be releasing the final database within the next couple of days, and without revealing too much I can say it's definitely worth waiting for. There's plenty of new stuff in the final V1, so if you can wait, I'd say you should.

MartijnVDD
Does "V1" imply there will be a V2 as well? =D

CrueTrue
Time will tell. The V1 is more complete than previous "year updates" by PCM.daily, though, so a 2nd version may not be needed. We'll see Smile

Miguel98
Didn't Alakagom said there was going to be a V2, mainly to update stats from the CT?

MartijnVDD
Oh, good to know.
I was thinking about starting a temporary career in V1 and maybe a long term career in V2, but seeing as a V2 might not be released, I'll just start a long career right away.

CrueTrue
Miguel98 wrote:
Didn't Alakagom said there was going to be a V2, mainly to update stats from the CT?

Did you see Alakagom's post count? Not possible to keep up with what our Polish friend says Pfft

Ultimately, it's lluuiiggii's decision, not mine, but either way it'd be perfectly possible to release a stat update at one point or another. We're planning on releasing certain extras after the release of the V1, e.g. a no equipment DB. A stat update, should this be made, could be one of these extras.

Then again, we might release a V2. I don't know at this point.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Tour de France 2010