· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
Ian Butler
mat4404 wrote:
Just played a the Giro as a stand alone race 9 times!

3 times with original database, 3 times with PCM Spain and 3 times with RSM News. Only played the 3 key mountain stages of each tour and simmed the rest. Seems a problem I've encountered a lot is the size of groups at the finish.

If many riders attack, sometimes you see gaps. If you put pressure on at the front of the race in the style of USPS or Sky, nothing seems to happen. Using Rabobanks 9 strongest climbers I put the hammer down on every major climb, 70% effort until the final 2 climbs.

The follwoing is an example from the Stelvio stage using the PCM Spain DB.

On the penultimate climb I put Slagter, Sanchez and Kelderman on the front @ 80%. Peloton reduced to between 69 odd riders. At the base of the final climb group swelled to 80 riders!

On the final climb (25km to go) put Kruijswjick straight on the front @ 80% effort. After around 8kms he runs out of steam. The peleton is only down to 61 riders. Mollema takes over again @ 80% effort. After a further 6 kms he's burnt out.

With 11kms to go The group is still 34 strong. I'm not looking to win the stage, just see what destruction I can do so I put my final man, Gesink (80 Mou) on the front @ 80% effort. With a little over a km to go he burns out. How big is the group? 24 riders strong! Diego Ulissi (74mou) is still hanging on!

In the final km the sprint ensues. Ends with Schleck winning 23 secs ahead of Contador and 45 secs ahead of the 22 remaining riders who all finish in the same time.

How can this be? A top performance by my Rabo team, all went to plan, yet we can't even shift average climbers. All climbers with 77+ Mou finish in the bunch. None get dropped.

To be honest I don't care that my rider didn't win, not one iota. What I do care about is yet again seem to have a game who's mountain AI is way off. But they solved this problem 2 years ago. Why is it happening again.

The lack of vocal complaints about the mountain AI so far has be worried that this time Cyanide won't address the issue.

A patch still has to fix it. Though in career mode, it's already fixed.

Alakagom
Cyanide strikes again ? :lol:

There's new patch 1.1.0.3. I open PCM and it says Armada requires patch 1.1.0.3 to play. I install it.

Go to play and open Armada and this comes up - " This version of game doesn't allow you to play online"

Logic ? :lol:
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

sutty68
Alakagom wrote:

There's new patch 1.1.0.3. I open PCM and it says Armada requires patch 1.1.0.3 to play. I install it.

Go to play and open Armada and this comes up - " This version of game doesn't allow you to play online"

I get exactly the same message, does this mean it doesn't work or we have to add something else Frown

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:37
Bot Agent

IP: None  
felix_29
Buying PCM12 obviously means so much bothering that any buyer will get heart problems early. Cyanide probably has contracts with cardiologists. Pfft

Alakagom
sutty68 wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

I get exactly the same message, does this mean it doesn't work or we have to add something else Frown

No, it means Cyanide fucked up :lol:

Basically we have to wait until they release new small patch fixing this I guess or do something in game system to allow this patch to be played in Armada.

I am done with PCM for today though. Better enjoyed decent FIFA as Felix said, don't want any problems Pfft
Edited by Alakagom on 29-06-2012 17:33

sutty68
Alakagom wrote:
sutty68 wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

Basically we have to wait until they release new small patch fixing this I guess.

I am done with PCM for tonight though. Better enjoyed decent FIFA as Felix said, don't want any problems Pfft

You would have thought they'd have tested everything properly first, what a load of B******s this is Frown

Snuble
Hey.

I updated to latest patch yesterday, and today I joined Armada mode around 16.50.
I played on stage, and when I was finished, a popup said there would be maintainance on the server, and that I would get disconnected soon.

1 minute later i was out. I just tried to log right in again and got the message that my version of the game was not compatible.

I think that there is a maintainance now, and that they just dont have any better message than " not compatible version"..

They should have put a message that there is maintainance and also mentioned how long time it will take.. now they are just making loads of people unsure and unhappy.
They have this great beer here in England, I really love it. Its called Pint.

--Frank Strandli, Norwegian x-football player --

FreitasPCM
Alakagom wrote:
sutty68 wrote:
Alakagom wrote:

Basically we have to wait until they release new small patch fixing this I guess or do something in game system to allow this patch to be played in Armada.

So, there will be a patch to fix a patch?

i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/small/000/001/122/xzibit-happy.jpg

Snuble
Freitas. read what i just wrote above ur answer.

I dont think there is a bug.. its maintainance.
They have this great beer here in England, I really love it. Its called Pint.

--Frank Strandli, Norwegian x-football player --

Ian Butler
Anyone know if it's the last patch? Or is another one coming up?

Alakagom
Ian Butler wrote:

There might be one more next week - that's my thought.

It may be well last one, but I believe there's one more.

Ian Butler
Alakagom wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

I cannot cope with the not-knowing!!! Pfft

Where can I download it, it's not on PCM.Daily yet?

EDIT: never mind, it's installing by itself by starting the game!

EDIT 2: How will we know if the last patch is there, do they tell us it's the last, or is it guesswork?
Edited by Ian Butler on 29-06-2012 18:10

kevtucks
Ian Butler wrote:
Alakagom wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:

I cannot cope with the not-knowing!!! Pfft

Where can I download it, it's not on PCM.Daily yet?

EDIT: never mind, it's installing by itself by starting the game!

EDIT 2: How will we know if the last patch is there, do they tell us it's the last, or is it guesswork?

i just started up pcm12 and its auto updating to 1103 Banana

anyone seen a changelog?
Edited by kevtucks on 29-06-2012 18:28

lluuiiggii
Ian Butler wrote:

You can version of the game by right clicking the PCM.exe file (Program Files/Cyanide/PCM12), then Properties -> Details Wink

Alakagom
Changelog for 1.1.0.3

[MULTIPLAYER]
- Major fix: Having been connected to a race (stage/race name, distance and profile displayed at the top of the page) with the countdown active, it is possible that the clock freezes at 00'00; the race never loads and you are never brought to the starting line.
- Fix : fix a possible crash which could happen when launching a 2nd race as a host.
- Fix: deactivate the “Escape” button during a multiplayer race.
- Adjustment : change inrace chat text color

Totally focused on Armada it seems... :lol:
Edited by Alakagom on 29-06-2012 19:14

lluuiiggii
I told ya Pfft

lluuiiggii wrote:
- Armada Mode
[...] and the bugs that will probably be fixed with patches (I really think they will, because imo this is the main feature of the game for Cyanide).

Meanwhile sponsors renewing, startlists, and the other things that "will possibly be fixed in patches"? Well we've already gone three patches down the road and nothing yet Frown But I do have hopes that they'll be fixed in the next (maybe last?) one.

kumazan
lluuiiggii wrote:
But I do have hopes that they'll be fixed in the next (maybe last?) one.

I see you're an optimist. Pfft
Edited by kumazan on 29-06-2012 19:33

lluuiiggii
kumazan wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:
But I do have hopes that they'll be fixed in the next (maybe last?) one.

I see you're an optimist. Pfft

Well, taking the 2 last games (excluding PCM10 since it was bugged to the point we had a patch released in October), the last patch always took a big longer to be released and fixed some considerable stuff (when there was still considerable stuff to be fixed). But yeah, if we are not optimists who will be, Cyanide? Pfft

devnl
I cannot understand that a developer that works this way is actually still able to keep itself from bankrupcy. It's not like they bring out a really buggy game once, it's a recurring pattern with a community that apparently is OK with that. That's ridiculous.

ronnygj
devnl wrote:
I cannot understand that a developer that works this way is actually still able to keep itself from bankrupcy. It's not like they bring out a really buggy game once, it's a recurring pattern with a community that apparently is OK with that. That's ridiculous.

Lack of competition. Consumers don't have a choice and our (or a big enough part of us) desire to play a cycling manager/simulation game is too strong not to buy.

And they probably end up in a circle where they use so much resources in patching the game, that they begin on the new one to late to get that one "finished", but if they drop launching a game for one year, to catch up, they lose to much revenue.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Estonian leading the Giro
Estonian leading the Giro