alpartx

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
CrueTrue
It's a beta patch. I assume Steam only updates with "official" / final patches.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
GoHash
CrueTrue wrote:
It's a beta patch. I assume Steam only updates with "official" / final patches.

Ahhh okey. Mange tak Mike Smile
Smoke and Stroke

http://www.jointen.dk
PCM rulezz
valverde321 wrote:
PCM rulezz wrote:
roturn wrote:
Could it be possible that you have the option inactive AI or so and are not doing anything on your own?

I never had this bug. Even when I do the pace with low mountain riders some riders already lose contact and when stronger riders start to work it`s quite realistic.

No matter who is doing the pace there is always a peloton of around 100 riders at the finish.
But does the patch fixed it only in carreer mode, because I'm just playing a single tour (Giro d'Italia)

Yeah, I noticed the same. Career mode its all great, but single stage, and you get a huge autobus because the peloton kinda gives up after the top 50 or so riders go ahead!

I just started a career and simulated to the giro and here is everything normal (the peloton splits in many pieces).
I hope the next patch will fix it also in single tours.
Winners never quit, quitters never win.

It's difficult not to be happy when you're surrounded by Belgians. - Mark Cavendish

botjehoudtvanroetje
anybody know why the spectators aren't making any sound if i play 3d ?
Edited by botjehoudtvanroetje on 25-06-2012 21:52

lorymuse
don't you think that the objectives for no pro tour team are quite unrealistic?

birch23
Okay got the new game and in general after playing one race in classic mode im sort of satisfied,the bugs as we all know are always there in the beginning and the worst of those will be fixed.I like the new interace althogh one has to get used to it.What I did find annoying though in my one race experience was that the race I choose (a 1.2 GP Baliani I think...misses a piece of the road,and that is almost unforgiveable to release a new game and the basic graphics are not in order) but anyway in general it is to my liking,Next step will be lookign at he race creator,where I probably will spend most of my time I guees,since ai Don't assume that the races from 2011 can be used in 2012

Ian Butler
lorymuse wrote:

Incredibly unrealistic.
I started playing with a continental team and they want wins everywhere.

Ad Bot
Posted on 28-09-2024 22:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
lorymuse
Ian Butler wrote:
lorymuse wrote:

Incredibly unrealistic.

Yes indeed!!! the most of the times you can't do those races because they don't invite you!!!

Ian Butler
lorymuse wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
lorymuse wrote:

Incredibly unrealistic.

Yes indeed!!! the most of the times you can't do those races because they don't invite you!!!

Very true. I hope they sponsor's objectives aren't important, like on PCM 2011, where you can just ignore them.
I also get the feeling the sponsors are more strictly now, They expected a top 5, I ended 7th and they were pissed off, no confidence anymore.
On PCM 2011 when you needed to be 5th, a 7th place wasn't that bad for them.

Alakagom
I am not a fan of new green/red/yellow bars grahpics, but other than that all looks solid so far.

Sprinting on extreme is tough as ever so that's stays same Pfft
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

Mresuperstar
I'm finding that the follow button works way better in the sprints then it did in previous versions, but that's just me. Smile
i.imgur.com/MROdsa0.jpg
i.imgur.com/wOuhm5A.jpg
i.imgur.com/g5J7yBi.jpg
i.imgur.com/0XELE5w.jpg
i.imgur.com/cDJTKrt.png

https://twitter.com/Mresuperstar
lorymuse
Ian Butler wrote:
lorymuse wrote:
Ian Butler wrote:
lorymuse wrote:

Incredibly unrealistic.

Very true. I hope they sponsor's objectives aren't important, like on PCM 2011, where you can just ignore them.
I also get the feeling the sponsors are more strictly now, They expected a top 5, I ended 7th and they were pissed off, no confidence anymore.
On PCM 2011 when you needed to be 5th, a 7th place wasn't that bad for them.

Once i started a career with a custom team and they gave me the objective to be top 5 in the tour of Oman. I asked to partecipate to the race and the said no. As soon the first day of the race passed, the bar of the sponsor turned from a happy green to as mad-as-hell red, but it wasn't my fault!!

valverde321
botjehoudtvanroetje wrote:

I had this problem in a past version. Update your sound drivers.

devnl
The management interface is simply put horrible. '11 wasn't an improvement over '10, but this one is absolutely horrible.

chraanz
I really miss the Information about the climbs in game. Before there was the "Information" tab when you hit space (in the menu where you can see sprints, profile, riders and rankings..

Is it put somewhere else, or is it gone?

roturn
Not sure what you exactly mean but if you click "space" and then to "sprint" or so, you can see all the ranking points for every KoM and sprint and finish by clicking on the symbols in the profile.

kumazan
roturn wrote:
Not sure what you exactly mean but if you click "space" and then to "sprint" or so, you can see all the ranking points for every KoM and sprint and finish by clicking on the symbols in the profile.

I guess he means the tab where it informed about the length/slopes of the climbs. I can't answer his question though, because I haven't the game yet.
Edited by kumazan on 26-06-2012 16:18

lluuiiggii
chraanz wrote:
I really miss the Information about the climbs in game. Before there was the "Information" tab when you hit space (in the menu where you can see sprints, profile, riders and rankings..

Well I think they're still there, but not all stages have the climbs info set. It's up to the stagemaker to do that when creating the stage (choosing the section of the profile which corresponds to the climb and giving it a name), but unfortunately not all stage makers do that Frown

chraanz
lluuiiggii wrote:
chraanz wrote:

Well I think they're still there, but not all stages have the climbs info set. It's up to the stagemaker to do that when creating the stage (choosing the section of the profile which corresponds to the climb and giving it a name), but unfortunately not all stage makers do that Frown

Ahh ok. I've also noticed that under the profile there is some space where it could have been.

botjehoudtvanroetje
valverde321 wrote:
botjehoudtvanroetje wrote:

I had this problem in a past version. Update your sound drivers.

i tried it but it doesnt fix the problem
Edited by botjehoudtvanroetje on 26-06-2012 21:23

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots