· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
Value of potential
ruben
Ah yes I forgot to tell you the loophole.

A rider who exceeds the stats of his potential will go 3 points beyond his current level.

Quite simple. If you give a rider like Vandenbroeck (81 MO) a potential of 4, he far exceeds his potential. So his new max stat for climbing will be 81+3 = 84 MO (at LEAST, sometimes even 85 MO).

You can't give good riders a low potential to prevent them from developing.
You CAN however give them a new limit yourself, in the DYN_cyclist file in the database itself (with full editor or fast editor)

I don't need to though. I figured out these YoungRiderCarac files completely and mastered the knack of combining good minmax values with potentials so that nobody in the current DB is over their limit for their potential.

So you can do 2 things:
-Give riders a potential fitting to their current stats (a rider with 80+ stats is always AT least a potential 6 rider...), otherwise they will exceed their potential and go overboard
-Give riders your own limits.
Edited by ruben on 13-10-2011 23:39

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:16
Bot Agent

IP: None  
mat4404
Nice one. As I suspected. I'm fed up with 2 years down the line having 20 riders over 80 for climbing. Have you tried changing the potential max values (the 0-7 values)? I tried it last night but only briefly. Seemed to work ok. I tried to get it so that top end riders are better separated.
Edited by mat4404 on 14-10-2011 10:25

ruben
Depends on the DB I'm using.

Usually when a DB comes out with a different stats system I try to adapt the base and maximum caracs in youngridercarac so it fits the database.
So indeed, that after 5 years career, I won't be swamped with too many good riders.

Wether this is 80+ or a database that uses 82 as absolute limit (for example the Full Cycling Manager DB)..I try to adapt Pfft

But these files are very difficult to get right. Because if you make a mistake you get a lot of riders going 'overboard' and a ruined career as result

lluuiiggii
Speaking of potential and max stats values, here's a question: does the number in limit_i_[stat] means only the limit stat for that rider or assures he'll improve up to that number?

ruben
limit_i_stat is the limit he can achieve in that stat, he cannot improve beyong (unless you go on training camps and receive a temporary bonus)

He won't always reach that limit though, it depends on training.
Edited by ruben on 14-10-2011 15:49

mat4404
Obviously, ensuring a riders current stat isn't higher than their max stat is a difficult thing. It's easy to do for their primary stats, but harder to do so for the lesser ones.

Another important factor is what type of rider they are: Climber, Tour, Time Trial etc. Does anyone know what file dictates this? As far as I can make out this isn't attributed to a rider until a career is tarted is this correct?

Another quick question, can potential max groups overlap?

e.g:

<minmax value="5" min="79" max="81"/>
<minmax value="6" min="81" max="83"/>
Edited by mat4404 on 14-10-2011 23:39

la_triestina
What riders have potential 8 anyway? Apart from Contador of course. Not even Taylor Phinney has potential 8

lluuiiggii
In the Daily 2012, no rider has potential 8 (Contador and some others had it in the Expansion Pack, but not anymore in the 2012 DB).

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
No Face
No Face