· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
alexanderlens
ShortsNL wrote:
His current stat level 74 is far too low. For my Vacansoleil Carreer, I gave him 76 in MO and TT. If you want to know the reason for his 76 TT, look at stage 20 of that year's tour.

It is said many times, but here is it again:
you may not judge a rider on one stage!

and about Gesink: He's clearly the best rider ever!Grin
But without kidding: Kreuziger didn't showed anything last year, and his stats are not low...
About De Gendt: I think 75 for the Mo would be fair.
Guess who's back? Smile
Lets see how many friens are still around...

ShortsNL
alexanderlens wrote:
[It is said many times, but here is it again:
you may not judge a rider on one stage!

True, but in this case it's two consecutive stages. And not just any stage, but the last week of the TdF. You can assume that every favourite is peaking its form then and De Gendt beat half of them on both stages. As such you can rule out overall form as a factor (unlike P-N, where some favourites might just be at the start of their season).

You still call it luck or just 'feeling good' those days, but even if de Gendt had a theoretical +5 and everyone else had a -5 on two days in a row, he'd be nowhere near a top 6 in either race, if he really had 74/74 for TT/MO.

Not only did he beat half of the favourites list during the last week of the TdF, where everyone was already peaking their form, he did so twice on consecutive days, in seperate disciplines.

If you look at the riders he beat during the TDF stages and their stats, and assume that De Gendt is slightly worse than them, it would be more appropriate to give him 76/76 at least.

alexanderlens
Got that, but if you make him as good as Velits, it seems unlogical that Velits ever came in third in the vuelta. And beside that, in the PCM 2009 stats discussion there is a discussion about Ferdigo. Nearly the same, exept the GT part. Conclussion: If you make the stats of de Gendt higher, you should change the stats of some other riders too.

p.s. Gesink is still the bestWink

p.p.s. Post 900
Guess who's back? Smile
Lets see how many friens are still around...

Pellizotti2
And you're also forgetting another important factor, ShortsNL.

De Gendt had stored lots of energy throughout the race by taking it easy after his crash on the opening stage. Because of that, he was still very fresh towards the end of the Tour, unlike the GC contenders, who day after day had to use up a lot of energy to stay in contention.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

fcancellara
Yes, this is judging on one stage: Peter Sagan's Endurance should be higher because of his performance in the long stage in the Tirreno yesterday. I suggest you change it from 73 to 76 (same as Nibali), because with 73 he wouldn't win a stage like that.
Edited by fcancellara on 11-03-2012 11:29
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
Wiley
just a few wordr any future changes...

Gilbert 84hl i think is wrong, he was so dominant that i think he should be 85hl. Ever career ive ever played he is 85 by ardennes so why not start him there.

Can we stop having 70-75sp with less than 70fl, cause thats just not realistic.

Millars age if decline is too soon, he is no worse than he was in 2010 and doesnt show signs of stopping. Actually this goes for several riders eg. Voeckler, Hincapie, Grabsch to name a few.

How does Rathe have 74/74sp/acc? He hasnt won that many stages...

I keep seeing things about Valverde, how hes just as good as he was, than a comeback saying that stats are based on recent results. Then surly all banned riders stats should all be 50... No, they should be 3-4lower than when they left, as a minimum, because they havnt been racing and hence its impossible to tell how good they are.
Ferrari-BA > Psuedo Man Game

Roman
alexanderlens wrote:
But without kidding: Kreuziger didn't showed anything last year, and his stats are not low...

4th place in Liege Bastogne Liege and 6th overall in the Giro was nothing? Then he broke his arm in Tour de France.. He definetely deserves stats he has, only his TT and especially PRL should be lower. And maybe he should have a little bit higher DH attribute as well.
Manager of Moser - Sygic

ShortsNL
Pellizotti2 wrote:
And you're also forgetting another important factor, ShortsNL.

De Gendt had stored lots of energy throughout the race by taking it easy after his crash on the opening stage. Because of that, he was still very fresh towards the end of the Tour, unlike the GC contenders, who day after day had to use up a lot of energy to stay in contention.

This is a very good point you are making. It sounds like something that should be solved through Recuperation.

Avin Wargunnson
alexanderlens wrote:

You gave me a very good laugh, he was 6th (and white jersey) at the brutal Giro, 4th at L-B-L before broking his hand at Tour first-week, which pretty ended his season soon. He is top stage racer, just had unlucky injury, now he is starting to prove it again in Italy. So it would be nonsense to lower his stats meanwhile Wink

Edit: Just saw Roman's post, it looks like we have similar oppinion Smile
Edited by Avin Wargunnson on 12-03-2012 12:03
I'll be back

kissaha
Any suggestions for preliminary cobble-stat changes?

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:24
Bot Agent

IP: None  
sam1196
Just make Boonen equal to Fabian,
Pozzato up, Vanmarcke up and Sagan up.
Gilbert down, Hagen up.
Just to name a few.
VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO

kissaha
What about Amador(44th) and Kristoff(15th)? Both finished 38 seconds behind Boonen. And Vincent Jerome, who tried a late breakaway?

Wiley
Personally i would say boonen more cb than fabian, based on results. Fabian is strong, unlucky, but producing the results. I would also up Pozzato's HL 1-2 as he looked very strong on those final climbs
Ferrari-BA > Psuedo Man Game

Pellizotti2
Jérôme surely deserves a bit higher. He's been strong in all the cobbled classics so far.

Also, 50-something seems a bit unfair to Gatto.

Lastly, I'd up Terpstra one or two points.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

kissaha
Amador has 50. And what does Voeckler deserve, 73-74?

lluuiiggii
Wiley wrote:
Personally i would say boonen more cb than fabian, based on results. Fabian is strong, unlucky, but producing the results. I would also up Pozzato's HL 1-2 as he looked very strong on those final climbs

What results? Both GW and E3 finished in mass sprints, and Cancellara crashed out of today's race.

Alakagom
After Paris Roubiax we'll have the first stats 'selection' so keep those suggestions coming Wink

Mind that Ronde was a hilly/cobble race while Paris Roubaix will show us the true cobblers. With E3 and Gent finishing in sprints in Roubaix that will decide most of the stats. Although few won't do it such as Sagan but I have their stats ready. Sagan's cobble will be either 76/77. I am swaying towards 77 Wink
Edited by Alakagom on 01-04-2012 21:20
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/avatar.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/admin.png

sam1196
Gallopin showed really big things, COB 74?
And OPQS should all go up with a point, Trentin even COB 71/72?
VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO

kissaha
Alakagom wrote:
After Paris Roubiax we'll have the first stats 'selection' so keep those suggestions coming Wink

Mind that Ronde was a hilly/cobble race while Paris Roubaix will show us the true cobblers. With E3 and Gent finishing in sprints in Roubaix that will decide most of the stats. Although few won't do it such as Sagan but I have their stats ready. Sagan's cobble will be either 76/77. I am swaying towards 77 Wink

My experience in PCM is that the hill stat almost doesn't matter in RvV, as long as it isn't in the low 60s. You have to base the stats as to how it plays out in PCM, not what directly reflects real-life. So you have to balance the, so that the ones who do well in RvV, but not in P-R, gets medium good cobble stats. And I think that the cobble stats should generally be higher, as the time gaps are much lower IRL, than what you see in PCM, at least in RvV.

lluuiiggii
kissaha wrote:
And I think that the cobble stats should generally be higher, as the time gaps are much lower IRL, than what you see in PCM, at least in RvV.

The game has a 1:10 scale, time gaps can't be perfect.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Jurgen VdB wins Le Tour...
Jurgen VdB wins Le Tour...