· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,013
· Newest Member: JasonPaump
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
knockout
Thijssen very far behind the front when the sprint started so we take this as a double rest day. Hopefully we will be involved in the mountain breaks on the following stages..
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 06:53
Bot Agent

IP: None  
alexkr00
An improvement on the last couple of sprints, but it could have been better.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

tastasol
After the very good start, it's been a bit mediocre race. Surprised that Larsen is still our sprinter. Hope we can see Nesset and APP in the breaks the coming days.

redordead
Very nice TT by Pogacar, but he might be more focused on GC than winning a stage now.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

SotD
Interestingly small gaps here. Chiarello losing less than 1 minute to the stage winner, despite not really performing anything notably is interesting. Pogacar jumping past doesn't really matter, maybe it can free Chiarello to ignore the GC for a stage and fight for a stagewin, which we could really use to stear away from relegation danger.

Giannoutsos also need to score stagepoints, or improve his climbing drastically. 30th is a pathetic result. He needs to improve up towards 10 spots to make up for a somewhat decent stage.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

ryant
That was a surprisingly good TT! I did not expect that at all, particularly given the limited time loss to Tenorio which I was fearing. Even Fraile had a good day and I was hoping Oliveira could have held on with another surprising performance.

Overall we're still in good position to fight for 2nd place with the 3 mountain stages left even if our dreams of winning have ended long ago... :/
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Nemolito
62nd is definitely not what we came here for. Congratulations to jaxika and thanks for the incredibly fine TT report to cunego.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

cio93
Very solid TT by the team. I'm particularly impressed by Brunel's time, which would've easily been good enough for a surprise Top 10 if it had been in the first week of the race.
Congrats to jaxika!

So we didn't lose enough time on Tenorio to be in grave danger of early attacks shaking up everything if they're not chased down immediately, but there's still a lot of uphill kilometres left to ride that can bring all sorts of surprises with them.

Tomorrow's stage is the one that should have the most puncheur influence of all stages left, so I'm optimistic about Silvio performing well in a direct duel.
However, with the flat bits not far from the finish, if an opponent attacks there and there's nobody left to chase but reluctant leaders, a big gap could open up on that stretch. It's vital to follow those attacks even if they seem irrelevant.

ember
Good TT by Foss for us, happy with that. Hoping we are allowed to use all three - Foss, Preidler and Amezawa - in breakaway attempts. If we are allowed and lucky, er could make a big jump in the team standings too. Fingers crossed we get involved with all threeon the right stage, where the breakaway succeedsPfft

Regarding green, Herklotz is the overwhelming favourite. Dainese and Maninnen must hope he is within reach before Paris, and I suspect best case he is within the stage win there, between 30 and 50 points ahead, meaning only the win can claim green. The odds are bad, I would say, but at least it should add motivation to our riders to get involved in breakaways and do everything possible to stat clear of the favouritesGrin

Gustavovskiy
Glad that this TT gave Eastman a chance to climb a couple of places in the GC, but it's going to be tough to reach a top5. My guess is hes going to finish around 6-7th as things are going.

Great win for Tenorio. The reports have been great, thanks again cunego!

Impressed with Oliveira's performances in this Tour. Not so much with my current time trialists.
Manager of Everesting

redordead
I guees the hopes of a stage victory are pretty close to gone now. Beltran made his choice to go for the KOM, we'll have to wait and see if it was the correct one.

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Croatia14
Dangerous. Puma and King Power could be very close to us after the Tour and have better leader's race days left. Congrats to bikex, loving to see Primoz win for Slovenia and KP!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

ryant
Sweet jesus Morton! Grin:lol:Embarassed

So close to something really special turning into an 8 second timeless to out closest rival in the last km kind of hurts, the positive is I hope that Morton keeps up the aggression and next time manages his effort better.

Herklotz remains imperious but I still hope we can compete for another stage win and end up in that 2nd place position.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

cio93
First Pog vs Vingegaard, now some good old Roglstomp, the simulation is leaking!

Congrats to King Power and to SotD right behind us, well-deserved results.
Croatia is right though, in terms of overall rankings, King Power is an unfortunate team to watch getting away with one.

I got rather scared when my prediction of a false flat attack not getting chased turned out true, but just like with Hirt earlier in the race, when the bonk comes, it comes hard here.
It was also very encouraging to see Madouas and Stork stay up there for that long, even when they weren't able to contribute a lot to the chase.

Tomorrow's final climb looks interesting, with the steepest part in the middle suiting us. We definitely need to get at least Madouas over the penultimate climb again, the descent should replenish enough energy to aid the chase if needed.

SotD
Impressive strength from Chiarello today, and 3rd is a brilliant result. Top bad he didn’t attack earlier to get the win, but he tried.

Giannoutsos really look weak. He doesn’t Seem too viable to train really…

Two more stages, I still Dream of that one crazy scenario where Chiarello takes a stagewin an bumps into the top 10 from it. It’s more realistic that he’ll drop further though.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

TheManxMissile
Hmm, seems I massively overestimated the difficulty of this race - my Lantern Rouge look in is proving rather off thus far. My Old-Man battle is also proving to not be one. Yates laying secure claim to Best Islander is a win for me.

But above all that, Hennis Hasani (117th) is just about holding off Ahmad Arissol (133rd) as Best Paradise Rider!!! Lets go Caribbeans!
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

ember
Good to see Foss active! Really need to see the breakaway hold off on the next stages, and Preidler and Amezawa to get involved in the breakaway hunt.

Congratulations, Bikex! Great, great stage win, very impressive by Roglic to hold the favourites away.

knockout
Im fairly happy that Vosekalns decided to take another day off - the next two days look more interesting and he finished so far behind that his tank must be full now.
Still, Lehtinen was a good presence in the break, savind energy over the sprints and finishing high on the day in comparison to the rest of the break. Didnt get amything out of it, but we gave ourselves a shot.

Also cool to see Chiarello looking strong. Miss him in my team...
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

redordead
I have a very hard time understanding what my team is trying to do. Just looks like more infighting between Beltran and Pogacar.

ember
Thank you for another in-depth and very entertaining report, cunego!

The big negative there is only having Amezawa in the breakaway, with no less than 18 riders in the breakaway. Really hope we save nothing on the final mountain stage, the Queen stage, and send Amezawa, Foss and Preidler into the breakaway. Preidler to chase the stage win, Foss to try for KoM points, and Amezawa to domestique and pace a big group, hoping to give us the teams classification in the process.

That’s the positive from this stage, that we’re only a minute behind Moser. I hope we can go past them and defend from behind if we manage to bring all three into the breakaway on the final mountain stage. In that regard, it was very, very important that both Foss and Preidler were able to hang on with the group of favourites that long, defending our teams standing well.

Regarding green, Herklotz is the guy likely to win it, as it seems like only Dainese and Manninen will have a chance going into Paris, and it will take the stage win to claim it. A big ask, which we of course can’t expect, but we can dream Pfft

Regarding the GC fight, Herklotz on a bad day still does a decent job, but nice to see the other GC riders get their chance. Super impressive by Latour to win another one, this one a really tough one. The podium fight should be really, really entertaining to follow on stage 20. Looking forward to that one, for a lot of obvious reasons! Grin

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Official cover
Official cover