· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2011
 Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
Didir
I think he has the same face than the singer from The Lonely Island. But it's not the problem Grin

True, he is a good rider. Better than he is in PCM.

Roman
CountArach wrote:
Roman wrote:
Jurgen Roelandts is seriously underrated.

But if he was 5th in the WC and 6th at Vattenfall, he clearly has a really strong sprint.

Well, I don't think he is a 76 sprinter in a class of Renshaw, Guardini or Degenkolb. In my opinion he is really good classic rider with a strong sprint and really solid ability to ride over hills (and mountains). Wink
Manager of Moser - Sygic

CountArach
Roman wrote:
CountArach wrote:
Roman wrote:
Jurgen Roelandts is seriously underrated.

But if he was 5th in the WC and 6th at Vattenfall, he clearly has a really strong sprint.

Well, I don't think he is a 76 sprinter in a class of Renshaw, Guardini or Degenkolb. In my opinion he is really good classic rider with a strong sprint and really solid ability to ride over hills (and mountains). Wink

Oh yeah I know what you mean and I agree with your other stat changes, but it just seems strange to me that you would quote those results and then say he is overrated as a sprinter.

Okay some more changes that I think are justified, both from Landbouwkrediet:

Kevin Peeters should have about 72SPR/72ACC. He was 4th at Schaal Sels and 7th at the Memorial Rik van Steenbergen last year, with some really solid competition in the latter.

Vincent Baestaens I feel should have his flat lowered to mid 60s and his prologue to low 60s, but his downhill raised to 72ish, mostly because of his exploits in cyclocross. I also think his potential should be lowered to 3 because he has not achieved anything on the road and it seems unlikely that he ever will.
Edited by CountArach on 01-03-2012 03:13
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

AiZaK
Valverde Hill 82 and Sprint 70 please ! ! !

kissaha
AiZaK wrote:
Valverde Hill 82 and Sprint 70 please ! ! !

Why?

Pellizotti2
He's a classic fanboy. Just ignore him.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

AiZaK
I'm not a fan, I am realistic and with Gilbert, Valverde are the best in hills.

And as for the sprints, a 67 before I said you was just enough to Valverde because they are not disputed, now I will play all, so I think Valverde needs 69/70 in SPR

sam1196
70 will make him participate in masssprints wich isn't what he does actually... and 82 hill isn't right atm wait for bigger classics and than judge, as said a million times before.
VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO VINO

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 00:20
Bot Agent

IP: None  
lluuiiggii
AiZaK wrote:
I'm not a fan, I am realistic and with Gilbert, Valverde are the best in hills

Or Valverde is simply in great form this beginning of season and therefore taking more wins.. but that doesn't mean he is the best puncheur together with Gilbert. I'd wait before the big names are in top shape as well to compare him. Either that or we give Simon Gerrans 81 HIL too.

sam1196
Same for Capecchi, he won Lugano ahead of Cunego does that mean he has to get more in HIll than Damiano? No, so it would make sense to stop discussing Valv stats after each time he ends well.

Maybe Boonen Sprint stat +1? he seems to have regained his old sprinting legs a bit.

And Vanmarcke for me really proved that he's worth more than a 75 COB, that makes him equal to Burghard wich i think he really beats atm. So maybe 76-77?
Edited by sam1196 on 06-03-2012 19:02

AiZaK
Ok, I see you do not trust Valverde.

I just hope that when he stayed in the Top 5 in the Ardennes Classic will do them their deserved 82/83 in Hills

lluuiiggii
AiZaK wrote:
Ok, I see you do not trust Valverde.

I just hope that when he stayed in the Top 5 in the Ardennes Classic will do them their deserved 82/83 in Hills

For the record, a Top 5 in the Ardennes isn't worth of 82/83 HIL. The 5th best rider in hill in the Daily DB has 81, the 6th has 80. 82/83 HIL would put Valverde as the second best hill rider - which so far he hasn't proved to be (he's riding well, but we don't know if well enough for that).

We need to give riders stats based on their performances, not on what they could perform. If you're not satisfied with Valverde's stats, just change them yourself - it's not possible to please everyone. And if Valverde really does ride up to be worth of better stats, I'm sure he'll have them.

Avin Wargunnson
I agree Valverde is probably a bit better than in the database, but it was a big question mark about his actual level of skills. We will see later in April.
On the other hand, Velits is seriously underrated (i know i said it more than twice) and i will keep trolling till someone will notice that Smile Half of Sky team are better in mountains and hills in the database...which is not the case irl.
I'll be back

johannes-w
Avin Wargunnson wrote:
I agree Valverde is probably a bit better than in the database, but it was a big question mark about his actual level of skills. We will see later in April.
On the other hand, Velits is seriously underrated (i know i said it more than twice) and i will keep trolling till someone will notice that Smile Half of Sky team are better in mountains and hills in the database...which is not the case irl.

Smile it probably sounds like trolling because he is from your countryWink
but i seriously don t get what the stat-makers have against him he proved that he is quite a good climber more than once now(and i m not talking bout green mountainSmile - just look at alpe d'huez last year) but his stats didnt really increase.
and compared to other riders with nearly the same stats who never came close to a top 3 in any grand tour he simply is underrated!

sam1196
I agree on Velits although we need to see something different than Oman to give the guy 79 MO or even 78 Wink

Avin Wargunnson
sam1196 wrote:
I agree on Velits although we need to see something different than Oman to give the guy 79 MO or even 78 Wink

Ehm, did we see something different from Froome e.g apart from August/September 2011?
He is 77/77/77 compared to Velits who is 76/74/75, while Velits has very similar results in the last year or two with being way more succesful at the Tour. Hopefully he will convince the community on Tirreno finally Smile
I'll be back

Sev3no
Robert Gesinks resistance + endurance is a bit to high, because; he goes for something, but he gives it up. He gets high score but he didn't show off anything in the Tour, i know he did in other tours like Tirreno - Adriatico. Hes climbing stats are fine because he can actually climb very well. In my changed database where i play with Rabobank i changed hes resistance + endurance to 75.

Thomas De Gendts climbing stats are to low for me, i am belgian and i like Thomas but still i think 77 climbing should be more realistic.

I dunno what you guys think, but i changed them in my db.
img521.imageshack.us/img521/1630/432breschelpsd.jpg

climeon
BAsso should have a far higher recovery as his reecovery is by far his biggest sttength and Andy schleck should have 84-85 resistence as that's where he is insane and it's what enables him to do well in the ardennes.
PS: Giving Valverde 70sprint doesn't make him participate in bunch sprints

sam1196
Sev3no wrote:
Robert Gesinks resistance + endurance is a bit to high, because; he goes for something, but he gives it up. He gets high score but he didn't show off anything in the Tour, i know he did in other tours like Tirreno - Adriatico. Hes climbing stats are fine because he can actually climb very well. In my changed database where i play with Rabobank i changed hes resistance + endurance to 75.

Thomas De Gendts climbing stats are to low for me, i am belgian and i like Thomas but still i think 77 climbing should be more realistic.

77 is equal to Froome wich is unrealistic... De Gend isn't a climber, 77 would make him one

ShortsNL
sam1196 wrote:
Sev3no wrote:

77 is equal to Froome wich is unrealistic... De Gend isn't a climber, 77 would make him one

If he isn't a climber, how did he finish 6th on Alpe d'Huez in this year's tour? It wasn't a breakaway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tou...1#Stage_19

His current stat level 74 is far too low. For my Vacansoleil Carreer, I gave him 76 in MO and TT. If you want to know the reason for his 76 TT, look at stage 20 of that year's tour.
Edited by ShortsNL on 11-03-2012 01:34

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
close win