· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Ronde van Nederland Discussion
jph27
jph27 wrote:
Fully expecting that this ends with Kemboi being dropped from a good GC position on Stage 3, with De Bie fruitlessly attacking and ending up outside the top 20. But the journey to get there should be fun!

We're on track! Great win by Kemboi, completely unexpected after a no show yesterday. Can't decide if I want the final stage to be selective or not - 3rd and three others in the top 40 is a solid position, even if it would once again be a poor race for De Bie.

tsmoha
Great start from Groves and solid second day with another Top-10. Also nice to see us in breakaway mode, too.. not sure, what to expect next. Given the season so far, here's at least confidence, that Groves may be able to survive the final stage in a front group..

baseballlover312
AKA going from like 10 kilometers out lmfao. Now we have basically no choice to hope for a selective stage 3, even if it doesn't suit Aranburu at all.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

redordead
I wonder if Stojnic will be able to get in the breakaway on the last stage to try and pick up some more KOM points. Hopefully we can get a couple riders in the top 50 at the end and that should be a nice race for us.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

alexkr00
I don't understand how one of the top sprinters in the race with some good lead out riders too isn't put in a proper position two sprints in a row.

At least I have a full year to plan next season in PCT Pfft
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

cio93
Very important result for Kanter, I really thought he'd be out of it again with subpar positioning, but he went slipstream-hopping and made the absolute most out of it.

Totally unsure what to expect of the final stage, it could be a snoozefest which benefits Kanter, or it could be mayhem which would require very attentive riding from Madouas to get anything more out of this race.

ryant
Cullaigh!!! Wink

What a good couple of stages for us here, shame for us that we missed our in a stage by a whisker, the stage just needed to be a few meters longer and we would have had it. Now since we have the jersey it will be an incentive to keep things together and have good positioning but lord only knows how tough this last stage will be.

Even so this race is shaping up to be very good for us which is always needed, and we may not have needed Yates at all to boot - hopefully he is of use on the last stage either as a domestique or grabbing a good result for us.
i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/ryant15/yorkshire_zpsw1qiv8uk.png

Banana John St Ledger in Team Bunzl-Centrica and Team U25Banana

Red Bull Driver in RFactor

Marcovdw
Fifth is a good result from that position, but it does make we wonder what would have been had Ahlstrand been slightly more towards the front.
Manager of Minions

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 00:27
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Croatia14
Not a fan, so close for Fernando Sad
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

SotD
SotD wrote:
But with the history of the AI mechanics I suspect two catastrophic hit’n’miss stages from Coquard, and then - who knows. Maybe stage 3 Can be won as it’s a downhill hilly Stage. Not from Koretzky though - but Coquard of course…

Well atleast the AI is predictably bad.

Sprints doesn’t work, hilly stages doesn’t work. Top sprinters work perfect on semi hard hilly stages even if they are not good at hills. I suspect the “losers” in the end will be puncheurs when we add up the points in the end.

Will be interesting to see.

Not a win here, but some decent points nontheless.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

baseballlover312
Our first rider finished 129th. 128 riders finished ahead of Aranburu. I...

What a race
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

jaxika
I wanted to cry because Ardila, but then i saw the post about Aranburu, so i dont say anything...
Thanks for the reports!

redordead
Stojnic single handedly made this a great race for us.
Only the 2nd KOM victory in 6 years Banana

I kinda expected at least one of Gaudu or Siric to make it in the top 50. Because I figured whichever stats were more important, one of them should have it in addition to their high energy stats.
It was not to be unfortunately, but the plan for this race was always to try and get something from the breakaway. And thanks to lvl 3 Stojnic we still come away with more points than I dared hoping for Smile

Thanks for the reports.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Marcovdw
Valiant effort from Kinoshita. Good stage result, decent GC result. Combined with Ahlstrand doing something, perhaps our best race since Tasmania.

Thanks for the reports UU and congrats tsmoha!
Manager of Minions

alexkr00
Oh so that's the solution, make the flat stages hilly Pfft

Grosu saving our race here with this win. A bit odd Remco and Gerts got dropped towards the end, but not sure if staying with the group would have improved their GC positions massively. Definitely a better outcome for us overall than what it looked like after the first two stages.

Thanks for the reports, UU!
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

jph27
jph27 wrote:
jph27 wrote:
Fully expecting that this ends with Kemboi being dropped from a good GC position on Stage 3, with De Bie fruitlessly attacking and ending up outside the top 20. But the journey to get there should be fun!

We're on track! Great win by Kemboi, completely unexpected after a no show yesterday. Can't decide if I want the final stage to be selective or not - 3rd and three others in the top 40 is a solid position, even if it would once again be a poor race for De Bie.

Well I was wrong - De Bie did make the top 20. Just a shame I was right about everything else...

Worst possible outcome for us there, but completely foreseeable. 3rd on GC lost by Kemboi being dropped at the end, though he should never have had a chance of it on these parcours, while De Bie once again gets absolutely nothing from a hilly stage.

Looking at those who scored well here it's a disaster for us in the relegation battle, but I suspect that won't be an issue at the end of the season - on current form we'll be too far adrift by the time the GTs are over to even need to consider the results of others.

Thanks for the reports Ulrich and congrats tsmoha!

cio93
We keep benefiting from most of the changed racing so far, commiserations to all who don't! Frown

Great team work from the squad today, keeping Kanter surprisingly far up the peloton and thus setting him up to actually stay with the front group all the way and add a few seconds on top to finish in a great 8th overall, definitely above expectations.

Five extra guys in the Top 50 (even though just barely) add a decent amount of points on top of that, making this a true overperformance which gives me additional confidence that we're on a good way in the post-Demare era.

A couple of surprises at the top of the GC before the sprint favorites who still came through in the end, congrats to Amaysim and cycleYorkshire!

Thank you Ulrich for your consistently top tier reporting. Smile

tsmoha
Obviously a great GC victory, that comes quite handy after our desaster in Tour of Ukraine!

Not really surprised to see Groves strong in that final hilly stage, it has already been that way this season so far. So given his skillset I was surely hoping for a notable result here, but ofc a GC win in addition to points and U25 jersey is extraordinary strong. McCarthy adds a somewhat solid GC result for a change, too. Nice Smile

Thanks for the reports and congrats to the stage winners and those, who did well!

AbhishekLFC
Hey, complaining works. I should try it too maybe :lol:

SotD
AbhishekLFC wrote:
Hey, complaining works. I should try it too maybe :lol:

It has always been the case Wink
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

Jump to Forum:
Login