· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 161,015
· Newest Member: VrajSingh
View Thread
PCM.daily » PCM.daily's Management Game » [Man-Game] General
 Print Thread
Tour de France Discussion
SotD
Looked very intruiging there for a while, but Bouglas was among those taking a shot at the early start, which worked nicely in the start of the race.

Fatigue is taking it's toll it seems, so maybe waiting a bit on stages 16 and 21 can do the trick.

Tomorrow is a MUST attack stage. It's one of those last shots at actually making this Tour succesful. With Miltiadis' stagewin in the first week, it can't be a complete hit and miss, but the past week certainly have been poor.
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mghq.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/manager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/teamhq.png

alexkr00
Van Poppel not looking as good as he did at the start of the Tour. But today's stage was also quite hard so maybe that had an impact as well. He is still in contention for a good place in the green jersey classification so I hope he turns things around in the last sprint stages.
i.imgur.com/S1M3OtV.png
i.imgur.com/wzkfv39.png
i.imgur.com/Uhicj1C.png
i.imgur.com/Ie56lsQ.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/avatar21.png

Croatia14
Good work by Peak, great report!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Roman
Oh man, this race is such a disaster for us. Sad
Manager of Moser - Sygic

ember
Oh wow, absolutely amazing!Banana

Dainese has been great and fairly consistent up to this point in this Tour, eventhough Manninen has been kind of in a league of his own. To run away with a stage win, feels sensational. Pure joy! Grin

He has been superb surfing wheels and finding the right moment to launch. Especially on this stage, with the headwind, it was perfect to launch late and make the late surge to the line. Fingers crossed the green jersey doesn’t force us to do a leadout on stage 16, assuming he gets to wear it there too, as we simply don’t have any.

Fabianski
Great job by Dainese - even taking the green jersey for one day - but it hurts to see Manninen fail so hard Sad Having a sprint train - and going early in consequence - is just a dead spell on this kind of finish. Really hoping there will be a PCM in the distant future that fixes this ^^

Congrats to the winners so far, we had some interesting stages Smile Too bad that the GC is already decided; I sure hope we'll find a way to increase competition for GTs - from a neutral PoV, of course, I guess KO, DD and cio can live pretty well with the current situation Wink
Thanks to cunego for an amazing coverage - it feels like you get some new ideas into your TdF reporting every year, fantastic job!

Ad Bot
Posted on 20-09-2024 08:25
Bot Agent

IP: None  
redordead
Another hilly stage means another day where we work for other teams.

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

jandal7
Thought that could have been a Pidcock stage but wasn't quite to be. Still, Morton stayed safe so that's his main role done Smile
24/02/21 - kandesbunzler said “I don't drink famous people."
15/08/22 - SotD said "Your [jandal's] humour is overrated"
11/06/24 - knockout said "Winning is fine I guess. Truth be told this felt completely unimportant."

[ICL] Santos-Euskadi | [PT] i.imgur.com/c85NSl6.png Xero Racing

i.imgur.com/PdCbs9I.png
i.imgur.com/RPIlJYr.png
5x i.imgur.com/wM6Wok5.png x5
i.imgur.com/olRsxdu.png
2x pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/funniest21.png x2
2x i.imgur.com/TUidkLG.png x2

Croatia14
Should've been a breakaway stage again, it's really a petty how the game chooses who chases and who attacks :/ We've been anonymous so it didn't impact us this stage, still not a fan.
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Nemolito
Manninen outclimbing Munoz, Osorio and Lopez Nolasco makes me wonder if I should just join the Scandinavian market from now on, Latin American riders are passé Pfft

This Tour indeed not a Tour for the breakaways so far. Let's all hope Munoz changes that in the mountain stages (but tomorrow it stays this way and we give a masterclass in sprint lead-outs). Thanks for the great report again, cunego.
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

SotD
My head exploded in anger when I saw Giannoutsos wasting energy on the KOM. Jesus f...... christ man...

Had to bite the report over in two to avoid cardiac arrest. Oh well, we did sent one moron into the break, I guess that's better than no morons in the break.

Chiarello sits in a waiting position - I hope.

roturn
In the end not too bad as the group was caught and Wellens again with a top7.

Though I was a bit annoyed by the team not joining the break for KoM or stage glory. Had expected this to be a perfect breakaway chance.
Looking at you there, Goos.

Wellens hopefully had his one day off already and is able to gain some more time on others. The third week danger from the top12-20 riders is high.

Thanks for the report and congrats to Yates for the nice sprint again.

cio93
Another unexpected stage win opportunity that we throw away when there clearly would've been enough punch between Herklotz and Madouas to latch onto the final attack there.

But then again, I'm happy to see other teams take some prestigious wins with bold moves, and this is still good points.
It would require some crazy roulette sprints to have a shot at green though, but that was never really on the cards anyway with the new system.

Another recovery stage before the TT where the gap to Tenorio shouldn't be allowed to get reduced too much if we want to be able to remain calm when the attacks surely will fly up the final mountains of the race.

knockout
Quite surprising that breaks have been no factor so far. Doesnt suit my team too much ^^
A Big Thank You To All MG Reporters!

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2015/Manteam.pngpcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mgmanager.png

ember
Can’t explain what we did there. Weird and not ideal, as Amezawa should have had no problems staying with the front group if not for the work he did, giving us a promising position in the teams classification.

Yates with another brilliant stage finishing with a descent close to the line. Congratulations, jph!

Very excited for the next stage. Another top performance from Dainese, and he should be in the fight for green all the way to Paris, which I never thought of as a possibility starting this Tour.

OlegTinkov
Perfect stage by Pavel Sivakov, really excited for the last week and loving the reports: great job!

http://www.pcmdaily.com/profile.php?lookup=6187
redordead
Top 10 from Zariff, might be his last sprint since he might not make it to Paris Smile

Ardila is still going for the team mountain classfication Pfft

pcmdaily.com/images/mg/PCMdailyAwards2018/mgnewmanager.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/mghq2.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgmanager21.png

"I am a cyclist, I may not be the best, but that is what I strive to be. I may never get there, but I will never quit trying." - Tadej Pogačar

Nemolito
Incredible. The one stage where we actually needed to have a decent lead-out and where being on the front in the final km is quite certainly good for a possible stage win... we are chilling. Still nice to see a sixth place for Ruiz, probably the highest Peru ever had in a GT? Unless Quispe did something crazy some years ago Pfft

Congratulations to Bikex and thanks for another well written and detailed report, cunego Smile
www.pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/newmember.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2021/mgreporter21.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2022/mgtoty.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2023/moty-cunego.png

ember
Dainese’s fairytale Tour continues! Very happy with this, and it secures him to stay in contention in the fight for green, assuming breakaways get freedom on the upcoming stages. If not, it will be done and dusted with a Herklotz win.

But another 2nd place is huge for us here. Dainese is doing everything right on his own, we are super lucky to consistently be lucky with the AI this Tour in sprint stages, at least after the first few stages.

Congratulations on the win, Bikex. Great flat stages for you too Smile

SotD
Another zero-pointer for us. It looked so good in the first week, but since it has been very dissapointing, both from attacks and Bouglas consistently picking the wrong path for his sprints. Last shot is on the final stage. Hopefully his MO/HI combination can make him save a bit more energy than some competitors to be a top 5 contender on the day. Great to see an actual train working though.

I guess there's not much we can do from here but sit back and cross our fingers that Chiarello and Giannoutsos will join forces to get something out of it. The ITT is not really interesting with our riders so that's basically a "rest-day" for our riders.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.