Print Thread
2012 DB: Stat Discussions
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 22:28
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Pellizotti2
AiZaK wrote:
CrueTrue, Valverde will change the stats???

Think again please, he should have at least an 81. Although I think it is right by 82

A stage win in Tour Down Under is by far not enough to prove that he deserves 80+ stats. We'll have to wait and see how he does in the bigger races.

Sure, it's quite likely that he's back on the same level as before, but so far, he hasn't showed that level in a major race. If he does well in the Ardennes and the Tour / Vuelta, I'm sure his stats will be increased, but for now, they should stay as they are.
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png Manager of Kazzinc Procycling i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys14/kzi.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/storywriter.png

pcmdaily.com/images/awards/2012/stagemaker.png

Goldberger
Pellizotti2 wrote:
AiZaK wrote:
CrueTrue, Valverde will change the stats???

Think again please, he should have at least an 81. Although I think it is right by 82

A stage win in Tour Down Under is by far not enough to prove that he deserves 80+ stats. We'll have to wait and see how he does in the bigger races.

Sure, it's quite likely that he's back on the same level as before, but so far, he hasn't showed that level in a major race. If he does well in the Ardennes and the Tour / Vuelta, I'm sure his stats will be increased, but for now, they should stay as they are.

The thing is, when a doped rider makes a comeback usually he comes back strong. Remember when Vino made a comeback he initially got a 77 in hill. But come on, everybody knows he is going to be better then that, and sure enough, he wins Liege just a few months after.

In my opinion, giving Valverde 78 in hill is ridiciolous. He's in his best years as a cyclist, has trained like a madman while hes been out and has already proven in tour down under that he is back. Giving him 82 is a bit over the top, but certainly giving him a stat of 80 in hills should be correct for now. Most doped riders who come back are still good but maybe loses 1 or 2 points from before their suspension. But a rider like Valverde does not lose 4, i promise you Wink

felix_29
It's called "stats" for a good reason: they're based on the the recent results the rider had. When he didn't have any due to a ban, they of course decrease. It's not about the results the rider MAY have in future races and in Valverde's case, a stage win in Down Undern doesn't reason a 78+ stat.

CountArach
Stephane Poulhies (Saur-Sojasun) probably needs a couple of changes. First off his hill is too low IMO. In the Circuito de Getxo he came second, after attacking with Joacquim Rodriguez. In addition he often finishes with the front group in a lot of French hilly races. 66-67 feels about right as that would mean he would finish with the front gorup, but may not have the condition to finish it off.

Then there is his sprint stat. 72 isn't high enough for him. He won stage 5a of the Etoile this year and stage 4 last year from bunch sprints (not great competition, so he isn't brilliant) and had numerous other top 10 sprint results in .1 and .HC races last year. 74 might be more appropriate or maybe 73 with a higher acceleration because he clearly possesses a kick, as the Circuito de Getxo result shows.

EDIT: And another rider who I think is underrated: Joeri Stallaert (Landbouwkrediet). 11 top 10 sprints last year including 2nd place at Nationale Sluitingprijs deserves better than 65SP/66ACC. I would be making them maybe 71/71. Also considering he is only 21 and is already achieving some quite strong results I'd put him up to 5 potential.
Edited by CountArach on 12-02-2012 12:56
i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png Manager of Team Bpost - Vlaanderen i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq112/Gustavovskiy/microjerseys/PCT/bps_zps2b426596.png

Follow me on Twitter
(All opinions expressed are not guaranteed to reflect reality)

ruben
Boivin is underrated as sprinter. Should be around 75 SP/ACC with good riding (70+)

M.Kreder probably needs an update as well after Tour de Med. but I think I don't need to say that Pfft

lluuiiggii
Just a small and quick update on the riders only I care for:

Magno Nazaret (ID 2085) could have a boost on TT. Comparing him to Matias Medici and Jorge Giacinti, they've got 71 both, while he's got 64, yet on the last 5 years he's 3x3 against Giacinti and 4x5 against Medici, beating them both in Td San Luis this year. Besides, he's done 45th on the 2009 ITT WC (not the biggest accomplishment ever, but impossible to do with 64 TT). Oh and he's the Brazillian ITT champion Pfft

On the sprints side, Francisco Chamorro (2077) is now a bit better than Nilceu dos Santos. 70/70 seems good if you keep dos Santos' stats. Should be mentioned he also scored a 5th place on stage 8 of the 2010 Tour of Turkey in the only time the team ever rode in Europe.

Ok, now to make my post actually useful Pfft: Luciano Pagliarini (1425) has retired (last year in fact)

On a side note: some low ranked sprinters should have more flat. A 71 SP sprinter is completely useless if he's got 62 FL.

ShortsNL
Hiya, I'm concerned about the stats of Thomas De Gendt (Vacansoleil).

I think he is underrated slightly in his Mountain (74) and TT (75) stats.

In last year's Tour, de Gendt fell early on so he couldn't perform the first two weeks. After that though, he showed tremendous results.

He finished 6th on Alpe d'Huez in the group of Evans, Cunego and the Schlecks. P. Velits was also in the group.

He also finished 4th in the Grenoble TT. In the TT, he finished 1.30" behind Tony Martin, one second in front of Richie Porte (TT of 79), 4 seconds ahead of Jean-Christophe Peraud (TT 77), 8 seconds ahead of S. Sanchez (TT 76) and even 13 seconds ahead of Cancellara (TT 82).

The fact that he had those results on seperate terrains, on seperate days in the biggest race of the year proves that it wasn't just daily form or luck, but that he's a much better rider than he is credited for.

I'd say a TT of 77, equal to that of Peraud, and a Mo stat of 76, equal to that of P. Velits.
Edited by ShortsNL on 16-02-2012 22:25

superider2010
can you maked less overated contador,andy,evans,basso and other top riders at recovery,resistence?
it's too much 80 and 80,or 80 and 81....
i think 77 and 78 it's enough,if you keep their stamina at 79,80
i.imgur.com/tMctmFo.png

lluuiiggii
superider2010 wrote:
can you maked less overated contador,andy,evans,basso and other top riders at recovery,resistence?
it's too much 80 and 80,or 80 and 81....
i think 77 and 78 it's enough,if you keep their stamina at 79,80

It's true.. all they've done is win some GTs and that's it.
Instead of writing, I better only ask: why?

superider2010
i don't ask why,i'm pleased with their patch release
and if i don't like the stats,anytime i can change
always i change the stats,the doped riders i make them strong like they was before,just because when i play a mini-tour online in 5-6 users,i want to have 6 riders from different teams to have chances at winning
i.imgur.com/tMctmFo.png

lluuiiggii
superider2010 wrote:
i don't ask why,i'm pleased with their patch release
and if i don't like the stats,anytime i can change
always i change the stats,the doped riders i make them strong like they was before,just because when i play a mini-tour online in 5-6 users,i want to have 6 riders from different teams to have chances at winning

So, if you want a change which makes sense only for you, then do it yourself Wink
Btw, you can also download a ladder DB so everybody has equal chances.
Edited by lluuiiggii on 18-02-2012 17:27

Tilion
Rafal Majka from Saxo Bank is big talent, he'll be leader on Giro, i think he deserves for much better potential and statsSmile, he had also nice Vuelta, he tried to escape at etap to Sierra Nevada. In 2012 DB he's got only changed MO from 71 to 73.
Edited by Tilion on 18-02-2012 17:57

kli20
I agree with Tilion. Rafal Majka needs more mountain, finishing 20th on Lagos de Somiedo in Vuelta 2011 helping Chris Anker Sørensen, and still beating Nibali, Rodriquez, Roche etc. He deserves more than 71-73, and much bigger potential. Saxo Bank can't have at GT captain with overall stat at 69!

I would also like to see Taylor Phinney with better cobble potential, because he is often twitting about how much he loves the cobblestone, and I do not think he would love them if he wasn't good at it.

Frederik Wilmann and Stefan Schumacher need a boost i mountain after the Tour de San Luis. maybe 71 and 75?
Edited by kli20 on 20-02-2012 12:33

Avin Wargunnson
You guys must be caraful with the emerging young riders. I would agree with better potential, but these stats you suggest are ridicoulous, Majka cant have 75 or more, many way better riders have these stats.
And same with riders who perform best in January,February, while others did not even start racing. I talk about Schumacher now Wink
I'll be back

chriller
Tiernan Locke should be better in hill & mountain!

fcancellara
I think Wout Poels is a bit underrated in MO stats, since he finished 2nd on the Alto de l'Angliru (17th in GC), had a good Tour de L'Ain in 2010 and 2011, and he had a good Tirreno in 2011.
But, because he is still young you probably won't improve his stats, and therefore: perhaps you can give him higher potential?

EDIT: I just saw that his stats weren't 75/75 anymore, but I suggest you should turn his MO and HIL stats around, because he is better in the ountains than in the hills (as far as I know).
Edited by fcancellara on 20-02-2012 13:42
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
Tilion
i've got 1 more suggestion Cobo is to weak i think, he won Vuelta but Froome is better than him, his tt is bit to high in my opinion. Cobo shoul have higer hills

Didir
I disagree ! Sky lost 28 seconds to Movistar in the Team Time Trial ; without it, Froome was the winner of that Vuelta. And Froome worked for Wiggins until they realise that Froome was the strongest. Froome was the strongest in that Vuelta, even if Cobo won it. Wink

lluuiiggii
Didir wrote:
I disagree ! Sky lost 28 seconds to Movistar in the Team Time Trial ; without it, Froome was the winner of that Vuelta. And Froome worked for Wiggins until they realise that Froome was the strongest. Froome was the strongest in that Vuelta, even if Cobo won it. Wink

Too bad Cobo rode for Geox, not Movistar, who lost a second in the TTT to Sky.

fcancellara
lluuiiggii wrote:
Didir wrote:

Too bad Cobo rode for Geox, not Movistar, who lost a second in the TTT to Sky.

:lol:
i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/graphicartistoftheyear12_zpse6637662.png

i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/caspervdl2/PCM/PCM13/Headers/musicbanner_zps3d73b387.png

www.twitter.com/caspervdluijt
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Le Mevel!