Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Paul23
Contador 82
Landa 80
Aru 79
Uran 78/79
Hesjedal 77/78

Aru has a TT advantage over Landa...that should even the ground.
i.imgur.com/aJSlUNt.png

Forever the Best
If Contador is 82 then Froome also needs to be 82 because he was beaten by Zakarin and Pinot in Romandie.
Also,Conta's big aim is Le Tour,no matter what anyone says.He just tried to win the Giro and did it even though with dislocated shoulder and with a secondary form.He will be on form in Le Grande Boucle.

baseballlover312
Hesjedal can had 77 mtn but he should have 80+ rec and high resistance.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Forever the Best
Aru should be 80 btw.He should be 2 better than Uran

Omloop
My take on the climbers in this years giro. The rating I give is not only based on the giro, but a longer perspective. I don't include support stats either, for an example Landa has better mountain than Aru, but otherwise Aru is stronger etc.

Contador 82
Porte 80
Landa 80
Aru 79
Hesjedal 78
Pozzovivo 78
Uran 78
Kreuijswijk 77
Amador 77
König 77
Kreuziger 77
Trofimov 76
Caruso 76
Kangert 76
VDB 76
Intxauisti 76
Nieve 76
Zakarin 76
Geniez 75
Monfort 75
Cataldo 75
Visconti 75
Betancu 75
Cunego 75
Atapuma 75

Etc......
Edited by Omloop on 30-05-2015 18:43

Arberg27
Landa is better than Contador in the mountains.

gotlandrules
Arberg27 wrote:
Landa is better than Contador in the mountains.

That's just a lie.

Croatia14
@Omloop: you can´t rate Porte, Kreuziger, Pozzovivo and Uran from this Giros point of view!
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

Croatia14
seems like Kragh Andersen needs a huge upgrade...
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/moty.png

sgdanny
Though again I would say that Aru losing MO stats for finishing 2nd is a really bad thing, which actually makes this discussion pointless. He should keep his current stats and remember that can be done for riders too Wink

i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

Omloop
Croatia14 wrote:
@Omloop: you can´t rate Porte, Kreuziger, Pozzovivo and Uran from this Giros point of view!

And that's up to you to decide? I didn't say they were either Those ratings were in general, were i based the ratings on the earlier pcm ratings were the Giro perfomance adjust them. Pozzovivo and Porte shouldn't be changed, but riders like VDB and Kreuziger should in my opinion.

Ad Bot
Posted on 30-09-2024 04:33
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Tafiolmo
Contador is the greatest GT rider of his generation and is still at great form so there's no reason to change his 82/83 stat level. Landa has been a sensation and I think that those that argue against him, seem to forget that earlier in the Giro he was slaving for Aru, he's largely ridden away from Contador as Astana always had two cards to play and Aru was seen as the bigger threat by Contador. Aru had a bad middle Giro but he's a great climber and future winner of this race.

I don't think that there's any problem putting Landa and Aru near Contador as Contador will always beat them in a GT due to his greater TT ability and rec stat. Hesjedal is worth a push upto 79 as well.

I've not really downgraded riders like Kreuziger, as I just think they're a bit out of form rather than being weaker.

At the moment I'm going with:

Contador 83
Aru 81
Landa 81
Porte 80 (low rec stat as always, as he didn't get the chance to ride for 3 weeks)
Uran 79 (This is the highest I've always had him)
Hesjedal 79 (improved fighter stat)
Pozzovivo 79 (As he's always so focused on this race, but crashed out)
Kruijswijk 78 (high fighter stat)
Konig 78/77
Kreuziger 78
Trofimov 77
Amador 77 (has good TT skills anyway)
VDB 77
Caruso 76
Geniez 76
Kangert 76
Zakarin 76 (improved stats in general)
Edited by Tafiolmo on 30-05-2015 20:37

Arberg27
It was 5 mountain stages ending up a mountain:
1 mountain stage: Contador loses 15 seconds to Landa.
2 mountain stage: Contador loses 5 seconds to Landa.
3 mountain stage: Contador loses 38 seconds to Landa.
4 mountain stage: Contador loses 1 minute and 18 seconds to Aru. (Landa was forced to stay in the group with Contador not to pull anything up to Aru)
5 mountain stage: Contador loses two minutes and 25 seconds to Aru. (Landa was called back to help Aru)

Contador was thus set clearly on all mountain stages. Landa was clearly the best rider on all mountain stages, the only reason that he did not win the last two mountain stages was due to the idiots in Astana car.

81: Landa
80: Aru and Contador
79: Hesjedal and Uran

matt17br
ARBERG www.femoticons.net/images/posts/show_love_with_emoticons.png
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Jesleyh
Arberg, are you serious?

Contador's lead on the rest was so big, he didn't even have to.

But more importantly, stats shouldn't be based on the Giro alone, really. Contador won 2 GTs in a row now, for instance. No way that's over Landa, who did nothing at all compared to him.

If we want a DB solely based on the Giro, you're free to make a Giro d'Italia '15 DB. Wink
That happened several times before.

Interesting that even though it's Giro-only, it appears, you still insist to put Uran on 79.
Just saying, I'm not trying to be too negative, but I think your look at stats is a bit incorrect Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 05-06-2015 13:37
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Forever the Best
Arberg27 wrote:
4 mountain stage: Contador loses 1 minute and 18 seconds to Aru. (Landa was forced to stay in the group with Contador not to pull anything up to Aru)
5 mountain stage: Contador loses two minutes and 25 seconds to Aru. (Landa was called back to help Aru)

Contador was thus set clearly on all mountain stages. Landa was clearly the best rider on all mountain stages, the only reason that he did not win the last two mountain stages was due to the idiots in Astana car.

So,Zakarin deserves 80 MO and Froome 79 MO because Zakarin beat Froome in Romandie?Rolling Eyes
By the way in Mortirolo Contador started 1 min. behind
And in Cervinia Conta didn't even try to chase Aru

Naxela
Wasn't Conta injured as well during the last two weeks? Dislocated shoulder or something... I was at vacation so i didn't get to watch the Giro this year.

And i feel Aru should keep his MO stat really, he had barely any races this year due to injury and it was unclear he would get in shape for the Giro and rather go for helping Nibali in France.
Edited by Naxela on 05-06-2015 13:38
New York Knicks - Bardiani CFS - AG2R - Millwall FC - Le Havre AC

bob7
Arberg and Maddox are funny guys Grin When I'm looking at stats discussion I know it will be funny Grin PCM daily needs those kinds of users. So that you can see who knows about cycling and knows how the game works.

Naxela
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:

So,Zakarin deserves 80 MO and Froome 79 MO because Zakarin beat Froome in Romandie?Rolling Eyes

I + on that one, people seem to forget Contador riding for the GC and was fighting against two Astana riders, so he's job is not to finish infront of every rider on every mountain stage but attack when its necissarily. Him closing every gap from Aru and Landa would be suicide in the long run, which you saw a couple examples of in the last week (I saw some highlights).
Edited by Naxela on 05-06-2015 14:22
New York Knicks - Bardiani CFS - AG2R - Millwall FC - Le Havre AC

bob7
Naxela wrote:
The Schleck Fan wrote:
Arberg27 wrote:

I + on that one, people seem to forget Contador riding for the GC and was fighting against two Astana riders, so he's job is not to finish infront of every rider on every mountain stage but attack when its necissarily. Him closing every gap from Aru and Landa would be suicide in the long run, which you saw a couple examples of in the last week (I saw some highlights).

Exactly what I was trying to explain. And I was ridiculed by some users.
Edited by bob7 on 05-06-2015 14:29

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Stats, sorted by best climber