PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 14:26
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Jesleyh
They're practically the same. Didn't check when I said that, but ok.
Anyway, you can change it in your own game if you like Wink

Quite some statchanges were made. We thought Majka on 79 would be better, looking at the general opinion here(and he was basically on a 78.5 in our opinion anyway Grin)
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

baseballlover312
Jesleyh wrote:
They're practically the same. Didn't check when I said that, but ok.
Anyway, you can change it in your own game if you like Wink

Quite some statchanges were made. We thought Majka on 79 would be better, looking at the general opinion here(and he was basically on a 78.5 in our opinion anyway Grin)

So Majka, who in his target, when going for every stage with no rest is 6th, and gets 79 mtn, while TVG 6th in the Tour after losing time in a crash, gets 78 mtn and weak support stats?

Yeah yeah. ok.

And Kreuziger too, who should be banned.
Edited by baseballlover312 on 27-08-2014 20:44
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Naskela
baseballlover312 wrote:
You say that TVG's "support stats" are better than Pinot's, but I just checked, and besides TT, that is completely untrue. Pinot's are better.

And how many stat changes were made in the V1.2? I'm noticing a 79 mtn for Majka, I believe that wasn't there before. And shouldn't be IMO.

Wow i didn't notice the V.2 was even out, thanks for making me look for it! Grin

And for the TVG question i kind of agree with the stats they set for him, maybe upping his stamina with 1. But i completely disagree with the stats of Majka, he don't deserve 79 and the same with Aru, i think even TVG deserve it more than those two.
Edited by Naskela on 27-08-2014 20:47
AG2R La Mondiale / Issy Paris Hand / Le Havre AC

Jesleyh
@BBL Adjust it yourself then, because I'm pretty confident we won't agree. Wink
If there's one thing I learned it is that long discussions about 1 specific stat are pretty pointless Pfft

Majka has the Giro also going for him. Being capable of doing very good at the Giro and then competing with the best in tough TdF mountain stages too is definitely something.

@Naskala
TvG deserves more MO than Aru? Are you sure. Could you check the Giro results again? Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 27-08-2014 20:48
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

baseballlover312
Jesleyh wrote:
If there's one thing I learned it is that long discussions about 1 specific stat are pretty pointless Pfft

Majka has the Giro also going for him. Being capable of doing very good at the Giro and then competing with the best in tough TdF mountain stages too is definitely something.

Then what's even the point of this thread, if the discussion just tells you to change it yourself? What's event he point of caring about stats at all if you can just change them yourself when you don't agree? What meaning does your job even have?
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Naskela
Jesleyh wrote:

I already done it but have to do it again now the V.2 is out but anyway overall its great stats, i think i only done about 8-9 changes which is a unusual low number for me Pfft

I know Aru did well in the giro but i like to think he had the form of his life in the last week Grin I just think TVG shown more this season.
Edited by Naskela on 27-08-2014 20:50

baseballlover312
Jesleyh wrote:

@Naskala
TvG deserves more MO than Aru? Are you sure. Could you check the Giro results again? Wink

Majka deserves same as Aru? look at the Giro results again.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Riis123
I think Majka, Aru and Tejay all deserves 79. I do believe Majka wasn't at his best in the Giro, but made more than up for that in the Tour and continuing his curve in Poland. Wasn't the strongest field, of course, but it commands respect when you are the favourite and when 2 days in a row. You simply dont do that with a stat of 78 in MO. Aru has more or less only shown anything in the Giro, we will obviously know more in 2 weeks, but for now I think 79 suits him as he was brilliant in that last week, particular in in ITT.

Tejay has been consistent all season, posting good results in the Catalunya (where he actually won a freakin mountain stage ahead of ALL the best climbers, if I remember correctly), Dauphine, the Tour (apart from one bad day, he was very consistent) and latest in Colorodo where he obviously was the strongest guy, although Majka did very well and kept up in that one stage).

admirschleck
baseballlover312 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

Then what's even the point of this thread, if the discussion just tells you to change it yourself? What's event he point of caring about stats at all if you can just change them yourself when you don't agree? What meaning does your job even have?

The point of this thread isn't either to make you stat-maker, just to make you post your opinions which we (well, Alak and Jesley mainly) will consider and discuss. You had a chance to join the team and you didn't do so, but now you're complaining - why? I am pretty sure Jesley and especially Alak watch much more cycling than most of us/you do, so there's no point in posting something like this. I am even more than sure that all stats are as realistic as possible and that there's no any bias in them. However, people will always have different views on some stats and that's why he said you can change it yourself (I did it in couple cases myself, even though I am part of DB team).
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:
Jesleyh wrote:

The point of this thread isn't either to make you stat-maker, just to make you post your opinions which we (well, Alak and Jesley mainly) will consider and discuss. You had a chance to join the team and you didn't do so, but now you're complaining - why? I am pretty sure Jesley and especially Alak watch much more cycling than most of us/you do, so there's no point in posting something like this. I am even more than sure that all stats are as realistic as possible and that there's no any bias in them. However, people will always have different views on some stats and that's why he said you can change it yourself (I did it in couple cases myself, even though I am part of DB team).

A chance to join the team? Seeing as I can't do anything but stats, I didn't think I would be of much help.

I watch as much cycling as I can find a stream for, so don't say they watch more cycling. That's bullshit.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
Alak doesn't do anything else but stats, so that's not a good excuse. You should've tried.

Well, I am sure they do. But anyways, seems like there's no way to convince you, so we're coming back to the start of the conversation - edit stats yourself. I don't know what else to say, use another DB if you don't agree that much. Peace.
Edited by admirschleck on 27-08-2014 22:16
Manager of www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.pngTeam Nordeus www.dodaj.rs/f/41/er/4zELHZA1/nor.png

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
Alak doesn't do anything else but stats, so that's not a good excuse. You could try.

Well, I am sure they do. But anyways, seems like there's no way to convince you, so we're coming back to the start of the conversation - edit stats yourself. I don't know what else to say, use another DB if you don't agree that much. Peace.

Sorry, it said that they were going to pick versatile people, and I doubt I would have been picked anyway.

You guys haven't supported my inquiry as to why Tejay is so low. That's the only thing I was upset about really.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Naskela
admirschleck wrote:
Alak doesn't do anything else but stats, so that's not a good excuse. You should've tried.

So its perhaps an idea keeping your conversions private?? what about using Skype since you wont listen to people on here anyway, whats the point keeping it open in public.... Seriously how close minded are you people, some people on this chat watch/follow their team very close in most races and might actually have some good input.
Edited by Naskela on 27-08-2014 22:23

admirschleck
?

I said we listen and consider every single post written here and then compare it to real-life results and come to decision then. How is that close-minded?
Edited by admirschleck on 27-08-2014 22:30

baseballlover312
admirschleck wrote:
?

I said we listen and consider every single post written here and then compare it to real-life results and come to decision then. How is that close-minded?

Never once have you guys said you changed based on a suggestion. Usually either you disagree with the suggestion or say the change has already been made for the next release.
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

admirschleck
That's absolutely untrue. Most of stats for V1 and updates in V1.2 are based on this thread. Just as a recent example - someone mentioned that Bouhanni should have the same SP as Demare or even better, so we actually realized it's like that and he got up to 80/80, while Demare is still on 80/79.
Edited by admirschleck on 27-08-2014 22:44

Avin Wargunnson
admirschleck wrote:
?

:lol:
I'll be back

Jesleyh
Guys, we really consider everything posted in the thread, really everything.
Often we change it based on the suggestions.
Obviously we have to agree with the suggestions as well, since in the end, we're the statmakers.
Especially the Non-Topstats are changed often according to this thread. That has the logical explaination that we've put the most thought in the topstats and that's why its more likely that we've under or overrated lower riders.
But this is not always the case. We changed Bouhanni's and Demare's stats for the V1.2 mainly for this thread. I believe Sagan went to 79 COB too due to this thread, and more stuff from the suggestions here.
It's just not that if someone here suggest a changed topstat, we change it immediately. Sometimes we just disagree, and to avoid a long discussion going kn and on, at some point it's just better to change it in your own, that's what I meant Wink
So, no worries, every suggestion is definitely considered, but we make the final decisions in the end Wink
Edited by Jesleyh on 28-08-2014 06:52

Cossack
baseballlover312 wrote:
Majka deserves same as Aru? look at the Giro results again.

Giro mountain stages Majka vs Aru:
Stage 6 - equal time
Stage 8 - Majka wins by 3''
Stage 9 - equal time
Stage 14 - Aru wins by 4''
Stage 15 (Montecampione) - Aru wins by 52''
Stage 16 (Val Martello) - Aru wins by 28''
Stage 18 - Aru wins by 6''
Stage 19 (Mountain ITT) - Aru wins by 3'11''
Stage 20 (Zoncolan) - Majka wins by 2''

So apart from Montecampione (Aru obviously had a good day there, beating everybody), Val Martello (Majka suffered from cold and his illness started there) and time trial (illness) there weren't any major gaps. I think if the weather had been fine on Stelvio and Majka hadn't caught his illness, he would have been a serious podium contender there.

I agree that Tejay may deserve an upgrade, just pointing on your Majka argument.
Edited by Cossack on 28-08-2014 08:06

matt17br
Reserved for something.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Under and over the bridge