· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2014
 Print Thread
PCMdaily DB Stat Discussion
sgdanny
matt17br wrote:

Just a few thoughts:
Alaphilippe's stats seem to be generally spot on, although I'd prefer to see him on 80 or 79, rather than 78. He showed quite some explosiveness on Fleche, mostly, and 2 2nd place are not luck anymore.

82: Valverde
81: Purito, Gilbert, Martin
80: Kwiatkowski, Gerrans, Moreno, Alaphilippe?
79: Alaphilippe?, Henao, Costa, Porte, Kreuziger, Contador, Nibali, Mollema, Vanendert
78: Gasparotto, Slagter, Albasini, Fuglsang, Bardet, Pozzovivo, Ulissi, others?

These are pretty much spot on and I think it will be just like this in me and jesleyh 's database. If I should come with a guess Smile
i.imgur.com/pyvc2uc.png

TheManxMissile
Ollfardh wrote:
Well, Matthews? He was the only one to follow Gilbert's attack. I just don't know what to do with that, it was incredibly impressive that he held on while guys like Valverde and Kwiatek could not.

I don't think it was so much that Valv + Kwiatek couldn't hold on but decided not to go at that moment. Valv did then shoot across to Gilbert + Matthews alone and still podium whilst Kwiatek waited and helped drive the bigger group to come across.
Meanwhile Matthews killed himself to stay with Gilbert when he shouldn't have and burned his red zone
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

TheManxMissile
And then on Alaphillippe: He had a great three races but it's just been three races. Didn't show anything really from Murcia through PN. Good sprinting and strong riding on a couple of rolling days in Catalunya but wasn't there on the harder ones. 79/80 is too high for me personally, more like 76/77 until we see him repeat that climbing ability in some other tough top-level hilly races
i.imgur.com/UmX5YX1.jpgi.imgur.com/iRneKpI.jpgi.imgur.com/fljmGSP.jpgi.imgur.com/qV5ItIc.jpgimgur.com/dr2BAI6.jpgimgur.com/KlJUqDx.jpg[/img[img]]https://imgur.com/yUygrQ.jpgi.imgur.com/C1rG9BW.jpgi.imgur.com/sEDS7gr.jpg

AiZaK
Alaphilippe is 79 for me, because if you give worse you can't see his results in the Ardennes in the game

matt17br
TheManxMissile wrote:
And then on Alaphillippe: He had a great three races but it's just been three races. Didn't show anything really from Murcia through PN. Good sprinting and strong riding on a couple of rolling days in Catalunya but wasn't there on the harder ones. 79/80 is too high for me personally, more like 76/77 until we see him repeat that climbing ability in some other tough top-level hilly races

And now we had Romandie, 3rd place in a quite hilly stage Wink
I mean what are we waiting for? Ardennes are not a benchmark, they are the f*kin Ardennes! If we need something to base the hilly stats on, that's definitely the Ardennes. Two 2nd places behind Valverde are not achieved every day by any rider. Plus he's got a 7th place at AGR. 76 or 77 seems to be too low. It'd be uncompatible with the stats that I suggested at least, which are based on the daily matrix (so not too many people on the low 80s but more on the high 70s). 79 could be more fair thinking about it though, he's so young that can get easily overpowered in career mode in a few months, depending on the characteristics evolution that the player sets. It also depends on the backup stats you'd give him, though.

About Matthews, probably worth an update after his surprising climbing up the Cauberg but please let's not overstimate him. Nonetheless, he's got some pretty consistent results at Brabantse Pijl and Pais Vasco as well, so may probably be worth a 76ish stat.

About Betancur, a general decrease may be definitely needed. The guy is now just a mediocre rider and if he doesn't move his lazy and fat ass the situation won't get better and he can't coast so much time whereas keeping his stats unchanged as Boasson Hagen did. Or at least we stagemakers can't do it.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
TheManxMissile
A peloton of 49 including such known hill stars as Mederel, Clement, Cherel and Danielson today and where he should be the best sprinter in that group. Doesn't scream high stats at me in the same way his Catalunya and PN results don't scream high stats at me.

His Ardennes is a major anomaly in his results. He's shown good talent in the past but this was something completely new and in part due to the negative nature of the racing resulting in bunch sprints where he could use his finish speed to maximum effect. For me it's 77 until he can repeat these kinds of results in something like the Tour or other major hilly races against similar competiton that doesn't end in a sprint. 77 with his sprint and solid back-ups and you could replicate his results in the Ardennes with some luck, and he did get some luck!

MartijnVDD
I agree with Matt. What races are coming up that justify 80HI more than the Ardennes? San Sebastian? Canada? Lombardy?
Will he ride a GT btw?

matt17br
Well if we gave Navardauskas 77 sprint (not like I agree with that btw) for the simple reason he couldn't be able to repeat his tour results otherwise then we should do the same with Julien. You have a point I reckon, though. 78 can still be arguable, depending everything on the backup stats you give him as finishing 3 ardennes in a top 7 and 2 on the podium is quite something. So 78 with almost Ardennes winner backup stats would do. But not lower I'd say. Otherwise he wouldn't really be able to repeat that result in any way.
(Former) Manager of pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png Generali pcmdaily.com/images/mg/2020/Micros/gen.png

http://v.ht/Matt17
j0nne
matt17br wrote:
Well if we gave Navardauskas 77 sprint (not like I agree with that btw) for the simple reason he couldn't be able to repeat his tour results otherwise then we should do the same with Julien. You have a point I reckon, though. 78 can still be arguable, depending everything on the backup stats you give him as finishing 3 ardennes in a top 7 and 2 on the podium is quite something. So 78 with almost Ardennes winner backup stats would do. But not lower I'd say. Otherwise he wouldn't really be able to repeat that result in any way.

I completely agree.

AiZaK
For futures updates Zakarin need more Mountain stat, very good in Tour of Romandia and Vuelta al Pais Vasco

baseballlover312
Should probably wait till after he gets caught.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 22:31
Bot Agent

IP: None  
TheManxMissile
baseballlover312 wrote:

Or after he wins the Giro, whichever comes first Pfft

Forza-Diavolo
Is there a page where you can see the State of the previous games

billekop-joachim@hotmail.com
baseballlover312
TheManxMissile wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

I'm calling a Santambrogio.
RIP Exxon Duke, David Veilleux, Double Feature, and Monster Energy
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2016/avatar.png
pcmdaily.com/files/Awards2019/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/funniest.png
pcmdaily.com/images/mg/Awards2020/forumthread.png
i.imgur.com/VCXYUyF.png
i.imgur.com/4osUjkI.png

Ton1Mart1n
baseballlover312 wrote:
TheManxMissile wrote:
baseballlover312 wrote:

I'm calling a Santambrogio.

Zakarin got caught for doping at 19.. This guy has never been clean since! :b
“When it’s hurting you, that’s when you can make a difference”

TankNL
Forza-Diavolo wrote:
Is there a page where you can see the State of the previous games

What do you mean by sate of previous games?
like race results?

Forza-Diavolo
A website where you see the distributed State from the previous pcm games

Jesleyh
Stats? Nope, there's no such website.
i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/jesleyh/Junk/0ca5fb14-ed59-44b1-8eb0-596097ba5c01_zps8e97f370.jpg

Feyenoord(football) and Kelderman fanboy

PCMdaily Awards: 12x nomination, 9x runner-up, 0x win.

Forza-Diavolo
Ok, thanks.

which the State would provide for Virenque

RockyRoad
Forza-Diavolo wrote:
Ok, thanks.

which the State would provide for Virenque

On what level of dope are we speaking
Banana Some Random Banana

Jump to Forum:
Login