jandal7, seancoll

· Total Members: 161,115
· Newest Member: oceanshadespk
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
First impressions
cunego59
I just played my first stage, the huge mountain stage of the TdF (Albertville-Les Sybelles). With Saxo Bank, but on normal. I only cared about Contador. Got away with him, more or less by accident, on the second large mountain with maybe 80 kms to go. I decided to go for it and soon overtook all breaks. His maximum advance was at about 5'30. He reached the final climb in front of a 18 men group. Under the pace of Horner, six of those broke free, Fränk Schleck attacked and created a gap, the other five fell back again. Contador eventually won with 4'17 on Schleck and 4'57 on the big group. No one there could get away although there were plenty of attacks. I liked to see that the next group was already 3 further minutes behind. Several riders finished outside the time limit.

In general, I'm neither really happy nor really disappointed. I think it is a decent game once I'll get used to the changes in the interface.

One big question though: I can't seem to find many of the 2.2 races in the career calendar. The Tour of South Africa for instance. Where are they??

valverde321
I played my first stage. While I like the new interface it will take a while to get used to, and for some reason all of my team would relay when I tried to protect one of my riders, even when I only selected one rider.

When I got to Willunga hill, I had Ivan Gutierez in the break, slowly getting caught. I attacked with valverde. He had a short gap, then all of a sudden he literally stopped. I put him on 99 dot to see if that did anything, but he still fell back about 3/4 of the way down the peloton. Then with 1.5km I hit sprint and he somehow got 3rd still.

Pretty weird is all I'll say.

lluuiiggii
cunego59 wrote:
Contador eventually won with 4'17 on Schleck and 4'57 on the big group. No one there could get away although there were plenty of attacks.

Big group in the finish of one of the most mountainous Tour stage, with Contador breaking away in the middle (=pace much harder than it would have been to chase down the man, or they didn't do that?)? Not sure I like that Frown

franki28
Just finished my first stage. To me it's worth the 36USD i paid. I played Liquigas on the Tour stage (La Planche des belles-filles) won with Basso (playing normal, usually i play hard). We finished in a bunch of 50 riders mountain sprint (a bit weird). Also, playing Armada with my Battaglin (68mo) i was able to follow the leaders until 15kms even if it was a hard stage. So maybe it will be easier to follow the leading group with a weak/medium climber.
Took a little 5min and i mastered the new interface. If you have good graphics you're really going to enjoy this new interface.

PS: Maybe i'm stupid but i forgot how to install a DB. It's actually the first time i see a .7z file. Can someone help me by PM it would be nice

carmelobymelo
franki28 wrote:
PS: Maybe i'm stupid but i forgot how to install a DB. It's actually the first time i see a .7z file. Can someone help me by PM it would be nice

Use WinRar or 7zip.
[PCM13]PCM.daily 2013 Expansion Pack DB Updated Stats + startlists (Last update 17.10.2013) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30591

[PCM13]2013 Startlists (Last update 24.08.2013 - Vuelta a Espana): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=30693

[PCM12]PCM.daily 2012 Expansion Pack Updated Stats + 78 startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....d_id=23810

[PCM11]PCM.daily 2012 Stat updates + startlists (Last update 07.10.2012) - https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_499156

[PCM12]2012 Startlists (Last update 05.10.2012 - Giro dell'Emilia): https://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread....ost_562321

Teddy The Creator
I've just come home to start my download, and when I click the "High speed download" link in the e-mail it just opens a blank tab and is loading. Problem is it's been loading for about 30 minutes. And I've tried several times and it refuses to load. Then I try the manual download, but where do I put the files? And it asks me to insert disk 2? Dafuq?

yoejo
sounds weird about the mountain stages and bunch sprints and all that stuff. I have PCM2011 with that magical pcmdaily V1 database that makes you believe it actually IS pcm2012. So I´ll wait a few months at least

lluuiiggii
Btw, what's Contador's situation in the game? There was a news here in PCMDaily in which it was said that "Cyanide has reacted to the Contador situation - it's now possible to make rides unavailable for a certain period of time", but looking at the DB he seems to have a normal injury (like PCMDaily DBs used to do). I've also read posts from people saying he's got an injury in career. Maybe what they've changed is that if he's a FA and other teams sign him you can click on him with no crashes?

9-Ball
Teddy The Creator wrote:
I've just come home to start my download, and when I click the "High speed download" link in the e-mail it just opens a blank tab and is loading. Problem is it's been loading for about 30 minutes. And I've tried several times and it refuses to load. Then I try the manual download, but where do I put the files? And it asks me to insert disk 2? Dafuq?

Teddy,

how many files did you download? You should have an .exe file (around 2.5 MB) and three .bin files, 2GB, 2GB and 280MB. Put them all in the same folder and execute the PCM2012_Setup.exe file and go from there.

Teddy The Creator
9-Ball wrote:
Teddy The Creator wrote:

Teddy,

how many files did you download? You should have an .exe file (around 2.5 MB) and three .bin files, 2GB, 2GB and 280MB. Put them all in the same folder and execute the PCM2012_Setup.exe file and go from there.

Oh that makes sense. Thank you. Wink

9-Ball
LLuuiiggii,

Contadope (he's a MELON!) is on Saxo and is injured on starting a career (to test). I didn't check the RealName DB file yet for more data but it looks like they're implemented the same extended injury to 'simulate' a ban for eating green beef. Poor little chap! Glad he didn't get sick, at least.

Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 02:21
Bot Agent

IP: None  
Harley1883
cunego59 wrote:

One big question though: I can't seem to find many of the 2.2 races in the career calendar. The Tour of South Africa for instance. Where are they??

Having same problem! Anybody with any ideas?

franki28
Harley1883 wrote:
cunego59 wrote:

I know that with PT team we can't see them in the calendar. But maybe you will see them with a pro-continental or a continental since you have to be in those divisions to participate. Simple hypothesus (is that even a word?^^)

ochocinco85
Harley1883 wrote:
cunego59 wrote:

It explains that under the rules section. You can only ride them if you are in the lowest division or from the country where the race is being held.

Harley1883
ochocinco85 wrote:
Harley1883 wrote:
cunego59 wrote:

It explains that under the rules section. You can only ride them if you are in the lowest division or from the country where the race is being held.

I'm a custom made continental ranked team though unfortunately and therefore should be able to race .2 races.

cogneto
not sure if i will buy this ,im getting taken for a ride it seems every year i have to buy a whole new game ,why dont they makes expansion packs or somthing this will never stop greedy $%^&

wopstick87
I like it so far except the in-game display seems to be a little small. I definitely don't like the in-game stage view with its moving grey bar thingy and i cant seem to make it any bigger (last year you could enhance it to make it 2-3 times bigger). gameplay though seems good. It currently seems that you can use last years equipment (I replaced a CYA frame with the 2011 BMC impec frame and it worked perfectly). However i'll have to wait for an updated lachi editor to make full changes through the DB.

Johan92
Wind on mountain stages destroys the fun of pacing. When I want to pace with RadioShack, I don't like having 100+ riders in the peloton when Horner is dead with 78 in MO. Sucky pacing system again.
www.pcmnorge.no

Teddy The Creator
I just came out of my first stage and I have to say I'm impressed. I was playing with full graphic settings on the usually boring TDU but I have to say it has a far smoother, nicer look this year. I agree with others saying the interface on the right is a pain in the ass, but we'll get used to it. Plus the + to zoom and - to zoom out make it far easier.

The gameplay was okay, I was Movistar and leader was Valverde. The startlist was shit, so he was by far the best rider. On the final ascent of Wilunga tons of riders attacked, but I used the new follow button which I really like. Then I attacked with 3kms and he blew the field apart, winning easily. Somehow the 52 MO, 58 HIL Brent Bookwalter clone made it all the way in 2nd, even though he wasn't in the break. Frown

All in all I think it's definitely worth the 35$, and I had a play with Armada which is kinda nice.

PCM rulezz
I hope that riding in the mountains will be fixed in the next patch. It's not nice if there are 50 riders in the peloton when there is a hard pace.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
That gap!
That gap!