jandal7

· Total Members: 161,118
· Newest Member: emeric7444
View Thread
PCM.daily » Pro Cycling Manager 2006-2020 » Pro Cycling Manager 2012
 Print Thread
Scouting areas
birch23
I hope this is the right place for this.Just got the Expansion pack and the first thing I noticed was in scouting..Malaysia is still placed on Indonesia (not that this matter game wise but the dot is placed wrong)

And I can't really understand why Romania never has been scoutable.They do have and still has a rather good DV2 team in Tusnad (they win reasonable in the Souther Eastern Europe) ( I do realize that Romania aren't the biggest force in cycling but neither is Greece...Smile so adding Romania as scoutable is perhaps possible for the next release

lluuiiggii
Thanks for Malaysia, will be corrected Wink

As for Romania, it's an added region by the PCMDaily DB, and none of the regions added by the DB are scoutable, except for Hong Kong, while Greece was added by Cyanide (Official Release) as scoutable in PCM11.

When adding a new scoutable region, you need to add names for the riders of that country (first and last names which will then be combined randomly by the game). So if a list of names is done for Romania, we can add it as scoutable region Smile

dugligur
In a fear of being racist, i would like to point out that i now scouted two very coloured people from denmark, which seems a bit unrealistic.

MacC
dugligur wrote:
In a fear of being racist, i would like to point out that i now scouted two very coloured people from denmark, which seems a bit unrealistic.

that was a problem in 2011 I think, yiou can change their skin colour with the editor

birch23
lluuiiggii wrote:
Thanks for Malaysia, will be corrected Wink

As for Romania, it's an added region by the PCMDaily DB, and none of the regions added by the DB are scoutable, except for Hong Kong, while Greece was added by Cyanide (Official Release) as scoutable in PCM11.

When adding a new scoutable region, you need to add names for the riders of that country (first and last names which will then be combined randomly by the game). So if a list of names is done for Romania, we can add it as scoutable region Smile

How many first and last names will you need?.. (and I will include names from the roughly 10% Hungarian and Transsylvian (German) minority...will 50 first and last names be enough (and where shall I send the notepad)?......and do you need Albania/Bosnia too?

Lachi
I think it would be better if you would not include Hungarian or German names else the generated riders might have very strange names.

birch23
And here it is the list of Romanian and Albanian names: I habe followed Lachi and omitted the Hungarian names from Romania But some of the distinct Transsylvanians are in because they are very much a reflection of present day Romania (Transsylvania - Dracula Country...Smile has been in existence since year 800 so that can't be a surprise.

I included Albania names too if that shall be scoutable too now that we have an Albanian in DB.

In todays Albania the pure Albanian (Shiperi) names are rare as the "ethnic" Shiqperi only are 20% of the population today.The rest reflects that Albanian has been Catholic,Moslem,Greek-Orthodox during time and that it has been owned by Ottomans(Turkey) Greece(Aragon which again was Spanish) Castille (Spain) Serbia,and Ragusa (Italian speaking province which are their neighbour to the north)..and as I recall on top of my head Hungary/Austria too

(They really have had a historically tough time...Smile

I attach the rar file...and I made them in Notepad so they are easy to copy paste.........and that I seem to be unable to do..wo where do I send it too
Edited by birch23 on 20-07-2012 19:19

CrueTrue
When attaching, make sure the file has no weird characters. Just name it myfile or mynames or something like that.

http://www.pcmdaily.com
Ad Bot
Posted on 29-09-2024 14:23
Bot Agent

IP: None  
birch23
CrueTrue wrote:
When attaching, make sure the file has no weird characters. Just name it myfile or mynames or something like that.

It's called rom alb names...Smile but I'll try and rename it.......and Embarassed that functioned
birch23 attached the following file:
romalbnames.rar [3.51kB / 142 Downloads]

Edited by birch23 on 20-07-2012 23:28

lluuiiggii
The file name shouldn't have spaces either, perhaps that was the case.

Well, thanks - I guess we can add them as scoutable with the names Smile Honestly I'm not sure how many names are needed but the lists looks more than enough big, so it should do it Wink

Btw - are there any "notes" which I might have missed other than "Stefan (or Stepán)"? Wouldn't be nice seeing a rider called "Stefan (or Stepán) Munteanu" Pfft

birch23
lluuiiggii wrote:
The file name shouldn't have spaces either, perhaps that was the case.

Well, thanks - I guess we can add them as scoutable with the names Smile Honestly I'm not sure how many names are needed but the lists looks more than enough big, so it should do it Wink

Btw - are there any "notes" which I might have missed other than "Stefan (or Stepán)"? Wouldn't be nice seeing a rider called "Stefan (or Stepán) Munteanu" Pfft

No that was the only note I made and you should take Stepán as that is the more correct romanized version of the distinctly transsilvian name Stefan

Are there other countries you would like as for instance Taiwan (differs slightly from mainland China) but they have no less than 4 dv2 teams ?

lluuiiggii
birch23 wrote:
Are there other countries you would like as for instance Taiwan (differs slightly from mainland China) but they have no less than 4 dv2 teams ?

Well, Taiwan wouldn't be a bad option if we had it in the DB Pfft (it's not that there are no cyclists, the country/region does not exist in the DB).

birch23
lluuiiggii wrote:
birch23 wrote:

Well, Taiwan wouldn't be a bad option if we had it in the DB Pfft (it's not that there are no cyclists, the country/region does not exist in the DB).

Well it is in the PCM France DB and I believe it is in the RSM DB too so it would be an easy add on...Smile

and although I do know that this thread is not about what I am going to write now I will give you the 14 regions I use for my own DB (and I'm not by any means suggesting that PCM should adopt these..I want to make that perfectly clear...Smile

But here we go in case you can use for some thing:

1) France
2) Spain,Portugal,Andorra
3) Italy,Switzerland
4) Benelux
5) Germany-Austria
6) Central Europe (that is Poland,Czech Rep,Slovakia,Slovenia,Croatia,Hungary
7) Africa and what I call the Near East (All of Africa,The Arabian Peninsula (except Israel)Iran,India Pakistan,Bangla Desh
8) North America (thats USA,CAN and the Caribbeans)
9)South America (obviously both Central and South America)
10)England,Ireland,
11) Eastern Europe (and that is pretty obvious what that is except Romania,Serbia,Estonia who goes to another region
12)Far East Asia (everything between India and USA)....Smile
13) Southern Europe (Serbia,Bosnia,Romania,Albania,Grece,Bulgaria,Turkey,Israel)
14) Scandianvia (or Nordic) Sweden,Norway,Finland,Estonia,Denmark

hehhe and all countries can actually be added to a region or DB (although I do have some doubt Montenegro in that perspective)

lluuiiggii
birch23 wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:
birch23 wrote:

Well it is in the PCM France DB and I believe it is in the RSM DB too so it would be an easy add on...Smile

Well, it's in their DB because their is based on the official release I'd guess, and the official release includes Taiwan (Cyanide added a bunch of regions in the official DB, but did not add names for the countries, so the names of the scouted riders will be perhaps be a bit weird..). But neither the PCMDaily DB nor the Official Release has anything (basically cyclists, but also race/teams) from Taiwan, so I don't see much sense in adding a region only for scouting purposes when we don't even have a rider from that region in the DB.

As for your list, you mean STA_calendar? The list you posted is pretty much the same as STA_calendar from the official release, just changing the order of the last 5. It's used for the teams race calendar, so for example, Andorra can (and is) included in calendar 2 (called "ESPAGNE" ), but there are no races in Andorra so it doesn't really matter Wink
Edited by lluuiiggii on 21-07-2012 14:29

birch23
lluuiiggii wrote:
birch23 wrote:
lluuiiggii wrote:
birch23 wrote:

Well, it's in their DB because their is based on the official release I'd guess, and the official release includes Taiwan (Cyanide added a bunch of regions in the official DB, but did not add names for the countries, so the names of the scouted riders will be perhaps be a bit weird..). But neither the PCMDaily DB nor the Official Release has anything (basically cyclists, but also race/teams) from Taiwan, so I don't see much sense in adding a region only for scouting purposes when we don't even have a rider from that region in the DB.

As for your list, you mean STA_calendar? The list you posted is pretty much the same as STA_calendar from the official release, just changing the order of the last 5. It's used for the teams race calendar, so for example, Andorra can (and is) included in calendar 2 (called "ESPAGNE" ), but there are no races in Andorra so it doesn't really matter Wink

Yep STA_calender and that's the one I made (it isn't the same as the official one)....Smile they don't have Central Europe,and they don't have Portugal with Spain,and they don't have the partition of Asia Region but yes that is the one I use for adding races to specific regions.

birch23
OOPS I just realized that my reply could be misunderstood,it was by no means meant as criticism but I was only trying to explain the DB which I'm working at.

But since PCM Daily DB (which I have played for years now) are almost purely European I could suggest some European DV2 which you could add either on merit or because they are frequent participants in races in Europe.

Gebrüder Weiss (that is from Austria and the "officlal factory team for KTM)

Arbô Wels Gourmetfein (austria) major player in Central Europe,Germany,Austria and Switerzerland)

Heizomat (Germany) very ambitous team

Meridiana Kamen Team (Croatia) an old team which competes mainly in the Balkans,Central Europe)

Dukla Trencin Trek (Slovakia) again mostly Central Europe

Radenska (Slovenia) Central Europe and Italy

Team Ig Sigma Sport (England)

Rapha Condor (England)

Node 4 Giordano (England)

Team Raleigh (England)

UK Youth Cycling (England and Scandinavia)

Plussbank-BMC or Oneco Mesterhus Both from Norway Plussbank beig the most international)

Legia Felt (Poland) I actually think they are Diagia Felt now

Lokosphinx (Russia)

Kolls Cycling Team (Ukraine a team with a long a very successful history in Eastern Europe)

Tusnad Cycling Team (Romanis) old team under different names have had more success on track than road...but persists

and since youth teams seems to be popular both the USA youth teams which competes mainly in Europe)

Chipotle First Solar
Bontrager Liverstrong

and that is only suggestions in case you should consider more European based DV2 teams

oh and btw, most of the riders in those teams are already in the PCM-DB
Edited by birch23 on 21-07-2012 21:25

davidov
Hello,

I'd like to share my work that I was doing over the last couple of years.
I have collected scouting names for 126 countries. (ca 64000 surnames and 25000 firstnames)

Some countrycodes are not compatible with the original database, please take a look at my info files, so you're able to change them.

So here are my files (attached), feel free to use it in your databases.
davidov attached the following file:
scoutingnamesbydavidov.rar [3.06MB / 166 Downloads]

davidov
And here is my STA_regions table for the database (see attachment).
Important columns are gene_b_europa, gene_i_weight, gene_i_pos_x and gene_i_pos_y. So the dots are placed correctly on the maps.

This is how it looks ingame:

Europe
img220.imageshack.us/img220/9092/pcm0015w.png

America
img99.imageshack.us/img99/8603/pcm0016b.png

Africa & Asia
img407.imageshack.us/img407/3386/pcm0017.png
davidov attached the following file:
staregion.rar [39.24kB / 448 Downloads]

birch23
That's actually great work

Whomario
To be honest, there´s too many regions as it is (imo Wink )
Seems hardly practicable the way it is, wish there was an option to scout races and/or look for certain types of players.

I really doubt real scout get sent in the bavarian forrest for a month to wait on the road side for riders but rather get sent to races.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest content
Screenshots
Caisse 'd Epargne does a triple!
Caisse 'd Epargne does a triple!